Whose Blog Is It Anyway? #8

April 22nd, 2007 at 2:34 pm by The Missing Link

[UPDATE: Please, if your going to ask for a Whose Blog? about Twilight Princess, keep the details down to a minimum. Names are okay to reveal because they don’t reveal anything. But don’t mention any specific plot points or elaboration as to who people are. The Spoiler Rule is still in effect!]

Yes, it’s that time again. You guys have burning Zelda needs; I need an article idea. It’s about as simple as that.

If you’ve got something that you’ve been wanting me to write about for oh-so-ever(!), drop me a comment and I’ll toss it into the hat if I like it. Go ahead, bring it on! As always, the Evil Fish of Doom™ is forbidden. Just about everything else is fair game.

Filed under Announcements

Follow This Entry | Read Other Posts by The Missing Link

91 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Whose Blog Is It Anyway? #8”

Comments

The Group from Twilight Princess! [TML: Censored for spoiler.]

Links missing voice
    is silence truly golden?

[TML: Here’s a hint. If you’re going to mention that someone mentioned a spoiler, DON’T repeat the spoiler in your post because then I have to edit MULTIPLE comments.]

how about… could oni-link be dark links counterpart in termina.

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

how about… could oni-link be dark links counterpart in termina.

Isn’t Oni-Link the same as fierce deity link? I never finished the game so…

EVIL FISH OF TRADEMARKED DOOM!! LOL joking.

I think MidnightDemon’s idea would be good.

Not to mention that crossing out text is not an okay way to censor out spoilers.]

The old man

Shinigami Ninja said:

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

how about… could oni-link be dark links counterpart in termina.

Isn’t Oni-Link the same as fierce deity link? I never finished the game so…

yeah there the same… this is what it says when you get the mask

“You got the Fierce Deity’s Mask! Could this mask’s dark powers be as bad as Majora?”

The most ignored(Excluding the CDI games) games in the series: The Oracles! Or at least something to do with them. I mean they are great games! I’d like to see an article on something to do with them.

M Warrior said:

Yes, they are neglected aren’t they? Its unfair discrimination! People denounce them because they were made by Capcom.
    I still say go with the Undead or Link’s lack of voice. And how he got that way. And how the heck he communicates with people.

…its not part of Links backstory or anything that he cant talk. plus he does talk in AoL

I think something to do with the Oracle games would be awesome. They were what got me addicted to Zelda to begin with. Maybe the connection between the oracles and the three goddesses. Something like that could be very interesting.

Or the importance of music. Almost all the Zelda games have something to do with music of some sort. That could be interesting as well.

How about the Subrosians in OoS.

How about the resemblance of Zelda creatures to real-life animals? Other than that, I like the idea about the music.

What do you mean Link can’t talk. His grunts and yells proves he has a voice, so that means he can talk. Plus when you have to make a desicion, that means he responding, and in Wind Waker, when you are calling the statues, Medli, or Makar in The Tower of Gods, Earth Temple, and Wind Temple, Link says “Come on”! I can’t believe no one notices that! Link is defiantly not mute.

I want something about the Twili. The things used by Midna to break the forcefield(avoiding spoilers) seeming like the Majora’s Mask. And they might be the Sheikah… Of course it would have to be spoiler, but maybe it could be put off until the spoiler rule is put off.

How about:
    The variety of monsters
    The whole undead thing
    Or, my favorite, just where the games take place. You could just take the easy way out and say “Hyrule”, but I’ve found some interesting quotes.

“At this pace, the moon could hit the EARTH in just 10 hours.” -Shikashi the Astronomer, Majora’s Mask.
    “When all went dark, I thought my time on EARTH had ended” -Makar, The Wind Waker

M Warrior said:

I can’t believe no one notices that! Link is defiantly not mute.

i just got done saying he talks once in AoL…

“the group” is not a spoiler if no one knows who they are. I could be talking about the fairies in a fairy fountain for all they know. It would be a spoiler only if it was elaborated on.

[TML: Yes, but you explained what role the “group” had. And that is a spoiler.]

Anyway, what about “does Link talk or not”? There’s evidence both ways. Like when people ask him a question and then respond to his response. We just don’t see his text, which is wierd.

M Warrior said:

…and in Wind Waker, when you are calling the statues, Medli, or Makar in The Tower of Gods, Earth Temple, and Wind Temple, Link says “Come on”!

I noticed. I just didn’t post anything about the “Link is Mute and it’s meaning” suggestion.

I have another idea. You could do the thing with the Twilight realm royalty (No names, since this isn’t a spoiler topic!) and Hyrule’s royalty, though it would be a spoiler topic. [TML: That detail was sort of a given if you had played the game, but is a spoiler to those who haven’t. Please, no.]

The Wolfess said:

What about in Ocarina of Time when he tells Zelda his name? Didn’t he say “…Link.” when she asked him? He even got his own text color, if I remember correctly.

As for the Whose Blog topic, what about that crazy cameraman from Link’s Awakening DX? Where the heck did the guy come from, who was he really, and what’s his obsession with Link? Or maybe a metafiction on him?

I have just completed TP and read all articles from the beginning of January to today. The current, burning question on my mind right now has to do with the Master Sword. Specifically, its history and roll as the great equilizer throughout a few of the Zelda games, and the powers that seem to get added onto it with almost every new Zelda game. How is it that, as revealed in TP and OoT I believe, such a powerful weapon could be made by Hylian hands. To make it such that it can match the power of the goddesses (well, a piece of the triforce to be exact) is no small feat, and to have the ability to adapt (again, as seen in recent Zelda titles) makes it trully a force to be feared in its design. Even more incredible is that the weapon is recognized by fate. Sure, it was made from the very beginning to be a tool to fight evil (blade of evil’s bane, right?) but for a Hylian made weapon, not a goddess made one, to take such importance in the balance of things, to me, says a lot about Hyrule itself and the designs of the goddesses. I would love for this topic to be further explored in one of your articles.

Something on Link’s Awakening! Link’s Awakening is in my opinion, the most under appreciated Zelda in the series. And the ending is increbibly open ended. How did Link’s subconcious enter the dream world of the windfish, was the fact that marin was so determined to leave island make her in itself real and able to escape in the secret ending? Did he ever actually get rescued, or did Link have to find an island and live of crabs and mango?

Something else that always interested me is this: Do the citizens of Hyrule and its adjacant countries revere mario? I mean in LttP, everyone has a mario painting, in OoT there is a gallery of mario paintings, the yoshi doll in LA, MM has a mario mask, and bowser broaches seem to be all the rage among farmers. Has Nintendo ported its flagship franchise into some sort of Hylian folklore? Do young children listen to tales of the Mushroom kingdom at bedtime? I mean, not everything is explained in dialogue and text boxes, maybe all these nods to Mario hint that he has a fan following in Hyrule, and could be some sort of fairy tale hero.

Or more likely I’m nuts. Either way…

swordsman21 said: and could be some sort of fairy tale hero.

thats an interesting thought…

The reason for Ganondorf’s Immortality

For metafiction: What if Link (from LA) discovered he’s inside a game, and escapes from his world to our world?
    For article: Something on the Oracles, since it doesn’t get much attention (the CD-i series gets more attention, believe it or not ;) ), I just wanna hear something on them, and I don’t care if they’re made by Capcom (some of my first video games are from Capcom)

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

How about the Subrosians in OoS.

Or why the heck gorons dance like subrosians in OoA. Maybe Subrosians are actually a Goron cult.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

My first Zelda game was made by Capcom.

Pimpshi said:

The Wolfess said:

My original suggestion was to investigate why
    they keep link from carrying on normal conversations
    like heros in every other game
    they instead have found a way to keep link silent
    and you can extrapolate what he response was by the response back
    can they not choose a voice actor?
    Or can they not choose a script writer?
    Why do they keep him silent?

My vote goes for the Camera guy from Links awakening… heheh…

Looks like we caused TML a bit of a headache when SOMEONE forgot this can’t be a spoiler thing…

Note of course, this stuff is mainly of comedic intent, so I think something of the master sword would be best used for a later post (Rainy day, anyone?)

I’m also in support of the Oracles saga as an idea, those are among my top favorite Zeldas.

MidnightDemon said:

Pimpshi said:

The Wolfess said:

My original suggestion was to investigate why
    they keep link from carrying on normal conversations
    like heros in every other game
    they instead have found a way to keep link silent
    and you can extrapolate what he response was by the response back
    can they not choose a voice actor?
    Or can they not choose a script writer?
    Why do they keep him silent?

As much as I’d like to see a comedy metafiction on this, I’d like to explain something to you as well.

Firstly, aside from CD-i, Zelda has never had voice actors. The topic of why link has no lines was covered a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. He doesn’t speak because that would mean he would have to have a definitive character. it would keep the player from making Link how they want him to be. Link doesn’t speak so that the player can put their own prefered personality into him, whether it be a bad-*navi* anti-hero or a goody two-shoes community-service crazed hero, or anything in between.

I’m wondering, the Sheikah were SO important in OOT. But why were they never mentioned in TP? I mean, there may have been a sutle mention that some DieHard Uber Fan may have caught in a banner or a little patch on someones clothing, but in general, they were as if they did not exist. What happend??? Not even a mention. Are they planning to add them in, possibly in the next Installment of the Legend of Zelda: After Twlight Princess? That would be very interesting. They have to do someting very powerfull, for example: Ocarina of time>Majora’s Mask. So that must mean: Twilight Princcess> LOZ:X??? The point is….will we continue to see our Shiekah live on in future Zelda games or what?

Here’s one that just struck me at random. How about one on Gohma and her many forms? :P I mean, we’ve got us a human-sized crab, a big spider, a humongous lava dwelling creature . . . etc.

hmph,these “whose blogs” always seem to hit me when I have no ideas :? .lets see……how about something about the three oracles? aside from that I cant think of much .

Pimpshi said:

I think zeldas saying it…the only reason its in a different color is because the game wants you to freak out and try to remember it for no good reason know its either someone important or an important part.

swordsman21 said:Something else that always interested me is this: Do the citizens of Hyrule and its adjacant countries revere mario?

im of the theory that zelda and mario take place on the same world ;) .

swordsman21 said:I mean in LttP, everyone has a mario painting, in OoT there is a gallery of mario paintings, the yoshi doll in LA, MM has a mario mask, and bowser broaches seem to be all the rage among farmers

theres also the picture of peach that that one animal has you send in LA.btw,whats the mario mask in MM?

oh…one more thing:TML,is it a spoiler if someone mentions a race from TP that everybody knew about before the spoiler rule took affect?

The Mario mask is on the happy mask salesman’s pack, you can even see it in the artwork. Seriously, I think Mario may have a fan following in Hyrule. But I don’t believe Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom to be in the same world, too big of a gap in technology.

swordsman21 said:

perhaps there is a rather big gap in the technology,but that dosnt mean they still couldnt exist in the same world.its possible that they just dont know about each other.another possibility is that kohilent island is a link between the mushroom kingdom and hyrule,that would explain chain chomp,the goombas,and the picture of peach.it could also explain why all the farmers wear the bowser broach,but that could get complicated :? .to make it quick,lets just say marin could end up turning from a seagull to a human,know about bowser,and finally, have ancestors to whom she pased down the story of mario and bowser.then that could explain why in LTTP,OOT,and MM mario and friends are so famus :D it could also explain why you have to fight mario:master of darkness in TP.

this would probably make for an interesting article,I request this TML :P (or the oracles…) .

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

swordsman21 said:

Or it could be called a cameo. Or alternativly, it could be called paying homage to the once-mascot-of-nintendo.

I still say the Undead guy. You know of whom I speak TML. At least I hope you do. Or the other one. The one int the music house in MM. What was he trying to do anyway? And Why? Ooh, horror story metafiction!!!! Or, more preferably, camp-fire styl horror story!!

Instruments seem to have a compelling power in the Zelda universe. As soon as Link whips out the Wind Waker, everyone stops to listen.

Including Ganondorf.

Shinigami Ninja said:

Tsk, Tsk, Don’t you know that as Zelda fans, its our duty to analyze every last redundant detail? Besides, I’m pretty sure Mario is still Nintendo’s mascot.

Tsornin said:

Including Ganondorf.

This is so true. Ha! Ganondork look like he’s gonna applaude or something! ^_^

Zen Blade said:

Tsornin said:

Including Ganondorf.

This is so true. Ha! Ganondork look like he’s gonna applaude or something! ^_^

Its not just the Wind Waker. They love all of his music. Everyone stops to listen to his skills on an ocarina or a harp or a flute too.
    There’s a who’s blog subject for you, Link the Musician.

how about an article about majoras mask :? ? not the game,the actual mask.the mask probably has more of a back story than zelda herself does,and its all alot more interesting,too :P .or you could do a metafiction about the fierce deity.

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

Or, what about one on their history, as to why they got such a rivalry. Why do they fight, why do they hate, why is the Fierce Deity the bad guy where as Majora is the good guy? Answers at 11. I got another metafiction theme, what if Link switched places with his annoying sidekicks?

[TML: NO SPOILERS.]

UltimaLuminaire said:

Interesting point, and I agree. But. If you think about it, in the Zelda Universe, Hylians were the ‘perfect’ race. Not the Gorons, and not the Zoras. Not even the OTHER race banished in TP. (Hint hint to the ppl that own tp)
    P.S. I think THIS is the next killer blog. NOT ‘Mario and Link : Partners in Time’.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

what I find interesting is that majora owns the fierce deity mask,and if you learn anything from MM its that the masks come when people die.that tells me that majora probably beat the fierce deity at some point or another.maybe this would make for a good real article too,eh :P ?

huh :? ?

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

huh :? ?

because people were talking about how TML should make a blog all about the connection with mario in zelda games. And I said ‘Mario and Link : Partners in Time’refering to the DS game ‘Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. But, like, do u get the unneccesary pun?

SNIPER!!! HUGE SPOILER!!!!

??????

how so? What did I spoil?

sniper said:

how so? What did I spoil?

The end of tp. post 42.

I made sure i didnt use any key points or names, so that it doesnt really refer to anything. Its kinda vaugue if you look at it without knowing what the game is about, but at the same time, those who have played it know exactly what it means, and call it out as a spoiler.

sniper said:

That’s not what I was talking about, I just think it would be interesting to explain the phenomina of Mario’s constant appearance in the Zelda Universe. I’m not suggesting a cross over in anyway, I was thinking more like Mario is a popular children’s fairy tale hero. It’s like in how Rob Shneider appears in all of Adam Sandler’s movies as the “You can do it” guy. He has no bearing on the plot, its just an humorous cameo. I just want to see if TML can come up a logical reason why mario seems to be so popular in Hyrule.

Ultros: gah.. arent you going to correct the spoiler post TML? :P

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

Ultros: gah.. arent you going to correct the spoiler post TML? :P

It’s fixed now. :P I don’t sit on the blog 24/7 waiting for people to spoil, y’know.

sniper said:

Oh yes you did spoil. The proper response would have been, “I was disappointed with the end of Twilight Princess. I’d love for you to blog about that.” That says nothing about what happened without mentioning what you said.

Vague references aren’t kosher. Names are okay. Discussing plot points without mentioning anything game specific (e.g., “the fifth dungeon”) is okay. What you said is not.

i just didnt want anyone to get spoiled ^_^

anyways.. i think an article that would be interesting is subrosia and the pirates that are there… an article about majora/fierce deity wpuld be good too …or the mario/zelda worlds would be fun :)

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

Maybe the pirates are part of the dancing cult of Gorons and Subrosians.

Shinigami Ninja said:
    Maybe the pirates are part of the dancing cult of Gorons and Subrosians.

maybe :P those dancing mini-games always drove me nuts ;)

sniper said:

sorry about that, and thanks for the spoil reference.

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

Shinigami Ninja said:
    Maybe the pirates are part of the dancing cult of Gorons and Subrosians.

maybe :P those dancing mini-games always drove me nuts ;)

Those dances still haunt me in my dreams! Sometimes I even find myself twirling and posing spontaniously throught the day! ! !

umm… this is a bit unorthodox, but, what about the Whose BLog being a poem contest? or some form of literary artwork. that would be nice… but i say we should describe the links between MM and TP, just for the fun.

Goddesses as always, but I like the Sheikah, Oracles, and Master Sword topics.

ooh! new (but not very diffrent) idea! fan fics about the goddessess! that would pwn!

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

thats nice, but how in the world are we going to submit our drawings onto the computer??!!! jeez, you pplz… anyway, maybe we could have a disscussion about what we would have in a futuristic zelda game. that would certainly be interesting, like Link’s new flying car like Link’s weapons. what if there was a grappling hook that opperated on laser point? or maybe the master sword now shoots all manner of magical spells, some of which are required to complete the game…

I’d say either the Master Sword and its origins, a futuristic Zelda metafiction, or how Mario could relate to Hyrule.

uberzeldamaster said:

You probably don’t visit art websites, at all. People could either upload pictures through a scanner, or with a special (and expensive) art program, you can make pictures on the computer.

Twilit said:

an art contest would be cool,exept im not that great at copying other things (I draw my own characters).though come to think of it,the last time I tried to copy an actual character was about two or three months ago….im sure i’ve improved somewhat since then :? .maybe i’ll try to draw kakashi sometime to see if im any better :P .

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

thats nice, but how in the world are we going to submit our drawings onto the computer??!!! jeez, you pplz… anyway, maybe we could have a disscussion about what we would have in a futuristic zelda game. that would certainly be interesting, like Link’s new flying car like Link’s weapons. [b]what if there was a grappling hook that opperated on laser point?[/b] or maybe the master sword now shoots all manner of magical spells, some of which are required to complete the game…

umm grappling hook from Oot/ MM
    clearly had a laser pointer
    Y else would there be a red dot where you aim :)

MidnightDemon said:

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

umm grappling hook from Oot/ MM
    clearly had a laser pointer
    Y else would there be a red dot where you aim :)

That’s called a reticule, Link didn’t actually see that, just you.

I have an idea,how about something on the bottom of the well/the shadow temple.they both seem like they used to have different purposes other than what they are in the game.for example the bottom of the well looks like it could have been a dungeon or something,and the shadow temple looks like it could have been a palace.plus those two places have alot of interesting facts about them.

im sorry, let me clarify. what i meant by laser point was that there was no grapple. the laser is the grapple. i still think we should do a fanfic contest. i already wrote one! its pretty sad, though… :(

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

plus the blood on the floor kinda makes you wonder…

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

Dude. There are sites, such as www.zelda.nintendodomain.net have fan art pages. All I’m suggesting here, is that if TML is up for it, that he make a fan art page. BUT. THIS IS ALL UP TO HIM. NO PRESSURE. I’d just like to share my awesome cool pictures with Zeldablog.

uberzeldamaster said:

How about some ART art. I draw well…

Every Zelda site this side of the center of the universe has a fan art page. We don’t need one here. Post them elsewhere and then kindly direct us to your work.

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

plus the blood on the floor kinda makes you wonder…

I think that was just wall paintings, I don’t think the walls were really made of corpses, that would kind of push an E Rating.

swordsman21 said:

uhh… i remember slashing jabu-jabu in the flesh while inside of him, and green/blue blood spurted out. is that suposed to be rated E :P ? anyway, the dead-hand was enough to push it to mature, if you ask me. maybe we should have an article about what would be in a zelda game that was like an actual world? like if i go east far enough, ill be in the same spot i started.

uberzeldamaster said:

The Dead-Hand wasn’t that the thing that looked like Michael Jackson?

Opps, clicked submit too fast… I forgot to suggest…

I’d like to see something on Fiere Deity! Although I’d like to point out that most of the masks forms changed a little to look like Link(Darmani doesn’t wear a kilt or hat and Goron Link does and also resembles Link a bit more). So DOES Fierce Deity really look like what we see in the game or is that a slightly modified form?

*whistles in amazement* Has a Whose Blog? ever gotten this much attention before? Man, so many ideas, some of them sound good to me, so it’s hard if I had to choose one.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

We’re all just bored because TML takes a long time to write sometimes.

The Emerald Wind said:

Opps, clicked submit too fast… I forgot to suggest…

The fierce Deity probably looks like a clown. Only meaner.

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

plus the blood on the floor kinda makes you wonder…

how do you know its blood :P ? something like this could have easily happened:

wall master: *whistling while painting a picture* WHOOOPS! *spills paint on the floor* ohhhhhhh great…now I spilt red paint all over the floor…and I just got done washing it,too!

er…maybe not… :D

Shinigami Ninja said:I’m gonna have to say that they were both dungeon/torture facilties. In the well the have crosses, like crucifixtion type crosses, and the have jail cell like structures everywhere. In the Shadow temple the have walls made of corpses, spikes, spinning grim reaper statues, oh and a ship I have become fond of calling, the Barge of the Damned.

your forgetting the guillotines that are everywhere that always hit me.also that boat strikes me as egyptian for some reason :? .

swordsman21 said:

the way I see it,provided they dont go out and say its a wall made of corpses they dont have to worry :) .

Jumanji Shishioh said:

*thinks back* ….hmmmm,if I recall correctly there was a whose blog with either 99 or 100 posts,I believe it was the one where everyone wanted to hear about ikana canyon.im not positive though.

Yeah, everyone was making death threats by the end of the Ikana Whose Blog?. Good times

swordsman21 said:

Why were we doing that again?

Yes, I did forget about guilotines. But, you know, its all part of hyrule’s dark and bloody past.
    They should have a level where you have to get out of hyrulw castles dungeo… oh right, they have, twice I think.

swordsman21 said:

Yup, I was one of those.

shadowknight said:I think the shadow temple would be great! Add something with the Sheikiah as well!

me too :}

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

me too :}

that would pwn! make sheik the god *navi* main character for once, NINTENDO! other than that, i would like to have an article about the anachronisms between MM and OOT. like, where in the world did the pipes in the Water Dungeon for MM come from? or maybe what are the the similarities between Midna’s thing (it’s on top of her head) and Majora? and yes, im talking about the mask Majora.

OMFG i have a really weird idea! ok, some of you will hate me, but what if Zelda was in a versus game like, oh… Zelda v. Predator? XD that would be awesome!!!!! sorry for dp.

Okay, nevermind those other two. How bou’ just exploring the possibilities of a futuristic Zelda. What could the storyline be? What weapons would be changed? Would we have an animatronic horse as Epona, a motorcycle, or no Epona at all? Would we have an instrument? Judging upon Ocarina’s map (because everything’s based on Ocarina these days) which areas would become the huge cities? What would happen to Lon-Lon ranch? Which races would benefit from the futuristic technologies as demand for iron goes up? Which technologies would each race have?

but… if sheik was the main charactor…zelda would actualy be the main charactor. they should make links partner/sidekick/assistant be a sheikah spirit/ghost.. that would be kinda cool ;) it could hide in his hat

Topic has been chosen. You may all now wait for the damage to pile up. With all due luck, I will be writing it this weekend.