The Zelda Community… Whatever That Is

March 11th, 2007 at 5:49 pm by The Missing Link

This article is a preview of a weekly(?) column called Metagaming in the Zeldaverse that I will be doing as a joint project for ZeldaBlog and Zelda Legends once they finish their site reorganisation.

I’m going to warn up front that some of you may find this article a little out there in left field. This article is a little bit off my normal pace, something of a bold experiment, if you will. However, inspiration strikes at the oddest of times, and I know from my fanfiction authoring heritage that when you hear the call to write, the best response is always to heed its call.

Last evening I saw the documentary 8-BIT, an independent film about the history of video games and underground Gen-X art forms that erupted due to inspiration caused by our newfound video games heritage. (Such art forms, for the curious, include the demoscene, chiptunes, and artgames—modifying original games as a form of art.) I’m not going to discuss the movie in any detail because it gets very deep into the artistry of these otherwise disconnected genres of geek art, but the underlying goal of the film was to analyse this specific subculture of the up and coming generations, figure out what brought this into existence, and to present it as a legitimate art source worthy of being displayed in a art museum (granted, a post-modern art museum, of course, but a museum nevertheless).

However, beneath this theme was a point that I have probably known for quite some time but never truly regarded as important until recently. As a member of the so-called Generation Y, I, like nearly all of us (unless you happen to be significantly older than me!) grew up with Nintendo and video games present within our culture. Our childhood is riddled with so much influence of video games such that merely hearing the bleep-and-bloop music from the original NES immediately triggers memories from our past. (For some of you, that will have started with the SNES or N64, but the point is still the same.) Every reader of this blog has had their life influenced by the medium because you wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t. Just by reading these words (unless you Googled this by accident), you are unwitting members of the Zelda community…

… whatever that is.

Seriously though, what is the Zelda community? This is a question that’s very similar to other questions that I attempted to broach before, but this question is still subtly different from those. What truly is the Zelda community? Sure, we could take the cheap way out and answer that with the snarky reply that it’s all of the people who come to our Zelda websites on the Internet and talk about Zelda all the livelong day, but that has all the elegance of wet, smelly Hylian loach. We can do better than that answer.

If you take a cross-section of all the fans within the Zelda community, you end up with a wide array of people from many different walks of life, and I’m not just talking about their ethnic background, religious beliefs, individual ages, or whatnot; I’m talking about what the fans within our community are doing. You’ve got your fanfiction authors, your fanartists, the moviemakers, speedrunners, fansite webmasters, bloggers, timeline theorists, roleplayers, forum posters, poets, essayists, song remixers, and many other categories that I’m certain I missed. Each of these groups to one degree or another have been influenced by Zelda to the point where they are completely impassioned by it, where they are not content to simply watch the games scroll by them. (Is that not why you are here reading these words?) That discontentment has spurred them each in kind to find other people who love the Zelda series and to talk, to chat, to discuss, to share… to generate content, to create. The various members of our community have transcended the game and become contributors to the Zelda feeling—the Zelda aura—instead of merely being consumers, those who simply play the games and then move on without looking back.

There’s a fundamental difference between the two designations, although it’s a subtle difference that can only be seen with a nuanced eye (and certainly not with the bludgeoning device of sarcasm!). If you look hard enough, you can see that deep within the confines of the myriads of content spawned from members of the community, we have achieved artistry. I mean, at some level, chatting about Zelda with all your pals in a forum isn’t all that dissimilar with a slew of artists chilling inside a small, cosy coffee shop, and writing a small Zelda drabble is no different than creating an elegant sketch on canvas. While inspiration can certainly come from the games, so many other inspirations will drift from other conversations with Zelda fans (I have a series of small fanfictions to do because of plot bunnies passed to me from friends!), and we inevitably begin to breathe the air of Hyrule rather than of Earth, no longer considering Zelda to merely be a video game but also a way of life. As such, the community in essence is nothing more than a game existing on top of the original games—a meta-game, if you will, about Zelda.

While some of you might scoff at the idea of calling ourselves artists by simply discussing the series, at the thought of becoming some aloof artist snobs, pause for a moment and take a look around the community. Isn’t the layout of a good site art? Isn’t your favourite fanfiction or fanart art? Roleplaying? Timeline creation? Poetry? Good Zelda humour? This very essay? I would say that all of these are indeed pieces of artwork—at least in an abstract usage of the word, and these pieces will continue to get recycled and used as inspiration for other works, for further creations, expanding the bounds of the Zeldaverse… expanding the bounds of the community itself. The community, therefore, is nothing short of a game like Second Life or The Sims with the only difference being that it is built within the constructs of Hyrule. We are inevitably outsiders looking into the kingdom of Link and Zelda, but I believe many of us—if not all of us—pretend at some level as if we were insiders… as if we were not humans but rather Hylians… Zora… Kokiri… Gorons… Gerudo… Rito… living the game that is not really a game, the Zelda meta-game.

Are you in?

Filed under Community, Games, Nintendo

Follow This Entry | Leave a Response | Trackback | Read Other Posts by The Missing Link

63 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “The Zelda Community… Whatever That Is”

Comments

Yeah, I guess im in.
    Second Life? Never heard of it. Whats it about?

I’m in.
    You forgot, fangamers, fangame-makers, spriters(w00t), composers, *several hours later* game analysists, and shippers. The list goes on.
    Who wants to start a cult! :P

Speaking of Zelda Legends, when do you think it’ll be back up?

I’m in.
    And I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Shinigami Ninja said:

Yeah, I guess im in.
    Second Life? Never heard of it. Whats it about?

Here you go.

I was born in (not really, too old for that, but you know what I mean).

I’m in as well. Hooray for Role Players! This is a well-written article, TML, keep it up.

I’m in! Yeah! Woo!

Anyways. Nice article; could be applied to many things, which I liked. There’s certainly a real suspension of disbelief going on with the community, enough for us to perceive the world of Zelda as importantly as we do.

Roleplayers pop down to ZRPG.net sometime >> Sorry, had to be done.

I sent you that e-mail TML, just reminding you since you usually forget to check it.

Anyway, comparing the ZC to Second Life makes me want to kill myself, but I have to agree. Apart from the large community of fetish obsessed swarms of furries that inhabit SL, the two are very similar.

Yeah I’m in.

(As long as there is no monthly subscription fee!) ;)

LJinx said:

Yeah I’m in.

(As long as there is no monthly subscription fee!) ;)

Heheh, nice one.

Shinigami Ninja said:

Yeah, I guess im in.
    Second Life? Never heard of it. Whats it about?

Here you go.

Those poor sad victims that have sold their souls to their internet providers.

And one more thing. HOW DARE YOU COMPARE THE SIMS TO THE ZELDA COMMUNITY!! The sims suck and the ZC rocks!

I’m no longer in. I’ve developed a symbiotic relationship, and it’s become a part of me.

Windmill Man said:

It would be more accurate to say you’ve become part of it. It’s bigger than you. They should make a Zelda movie. Just so long as Link is blonde, doesn’t talk, and Zelda isn’t some Goth guy’s girlfriend *cough*Legend of Link*cough*. And no halo 2 elements.

leinator said:

I check my E-mail every day. (I just don’t reply to it the moment I get it. XD)

LJinx said:

(As long as there is no monthly subscription fee!) ;)

If I had known I could make money in this deal… hrrrrrmmmmm… <_< >_> <_<

Shinigami Ninja said:

Believe me, there are far worse comparisons I could have made. ;)

Shinigami Ninja said:

Windmill Man said:

Yeah and all of the fans world wide should play the Villagers, Royal Knights, a few of the monsters and maybe even do monster voices, I know I would definately do what ever it took to get in that movie.

BTW Generation Y is the best generation, all other generations suck, lol.

I am semi in.. I think… or is it semi out.? whatever.. Go Gen y. We are teh Awesome.

And fanfictionists. We rule you all. someteims.

And on the note of fanfictions. TML when are we going to see a Blood Tainted update? I need my fix.

TML, I am in all the way!! Count me in. Whooo hoooo!!! (the sims are evil, by the way)

Gen Y spans from when to when? Im not sure. Gen X was eighties (BLEH). So Gen Y was ninties then? So I’d be more like Gen Z. Dude, what comes next? Gen A2.0?

Darkest Link said:

And fanfictionists. We rule you all. someteims.

Half in half out are the same thing. What is Tainted Blood? It sounds like a Warhammer 40,000 novel.

Eh, you told me you went through “non-email checking” phases last time you e-mailed me, so….yeah. I was just making sure you weren’t in one now ;)

Some of us should collaborate and make Zelda Metal-music. We could do Melodic Death. They do it for LOTR so why not TLOZ. MDeath souds like this: http://www.solidstaterecords.com/becomingthearchetype/ecard/
    just click launch e-card.

Maybe I should start thinking up lyrics.

Dark Mime Gogo said:

Speaking of Zelda Legends, when do you think it’ll be back up?

We’re currently switching to a new CMS, reorganizing content, and creating a new layout. Normally this would all be done behind the scenes without actually taking down the current website, but there was a technical problem with the CMS we were using. Rather than expending effort to fix something we were going to replace soon anyways, we’ve just moved out plans forward a bit.

Unfortunately, it might still be several weeks before ZL is back up and functioning.

Shinigami Ninja said:

Generation X spans the 60s and 70s, Generation Y spans the 80s and 90s, Generation Z (or the New Silent Generation) spans the late 90s and 00s.

Generation Y

I guess im in…..though im not 100% sure what it is im in :? .

Shinigami Ninja said:What is Tainted Blood? It sounds like a Warhammer 40,000 novel.

a metafiction on TGA (possibly elsewhere too? ) that TML makes .

Shinigami Ninja said:

What is Tainted Blood? It sounds like a Warhammer 40,000 novel.

Blood, Tainted is a well written AU fanfiction of TML’s. Give it a read, it’s just as good as Eloze.

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

a metafiction on TGA (possibly elsewhere too? ) that TML makes .

*screams* No, no, not a metafiction. The only ones of those that I write are here.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

You are too kind. Are you trying to bribe me for cookies? ;)

Darkest Link said:

Gah, I knew bringing fanfiction up was a mistake. ;) I’ll need to get into my fiction stint again. It’s so hard actually playing video games and doing ZeldaBlog and roleplaying AND writing fanfiction. Never enough time in the day!!

Try juggling fangame creation with foruming and article writing. Ugh.

Im in!

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

a metafiction on TGA (possibly elsewhere too? ) that TML makes .

oops,I tend to accidentally mix up those two words every now and again ^_^’ .oh well,I got the site right,correct :P ?

I’m in. My first experience with Zelda was watching a friend play Ocarina of Time. Because my family didn’t own any gaming device other than a computer until the Christmas before last, I never saw the game again. A few hours of memories were all I had for most of a decade. But I remembered the music. Specifically, the “Song of Time” that you play in the Temple of Time. Eventually I could only remember three things: that my friend had played a game I really liked, that there had been a way to create a sphere of fire around yourself, and the melody of that song. I’m a very audio learner, as you probably guessed. Then I heard the song again, ran into some references, and finally found my way to a Zelda fansite — I think it was the Desert Colossus, but I’m not really sure. I already had a story I’d been telling to myself for fun (imagining, daydreaming, whatever you want to call it) for a few years. Zelda and Link showed up as characters almost immediately after I found that site, and they’ve never left.

*thinks* Ah, the land of Hyrule… I think I’ll take a trip down there tomorrow…

Oops, sorry, I forgot I’m an earthling. Yup, I’m definitely in.

From Dictionary.com:

Art n 1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance

Thus, art can be anything you want it to be. Thus, we’re all artists in our own way. Hooray for artistic ability!

Yeah, I’m in.

YAY! I’m a Koholint Islander! And i agree with you! Zelda is ART! Actually, if it weren’t for Zelda…I would have never started drawing or sewing or anything of that sort. Even in none-Zelda things of mine you can see the influence of the Zelda universe in my work! Kudos to you, TML! Kudos!

I’m so in.

Well, from now on when someone calls me a nerd for loving video games, I’ll correct them and tell them technically I’m an artist. :P

I’ve been in for a long, long, long time. My mom constantly remarks on how I talk about characters as if they were my best buddies.

But seriously, I agree totally with this article and…bah, too late to make a comment that makes even the least amount of sense. -_-

Sunrise Queen said:

I’m so in.

That might make it worse.

If anything is art, then watching TV is art. That’s sweet! Now if only my manga drawing skills could improve.

You are too kind. Are you trying to bribe me for cookies? ;)

Nah, I was typing what I was thinking… but since you mentioned it, may I have a triple chocolate chip cookie?

Ya, I’m in.

What–?!
    Uh… no… WRITING is an art. Well-done, beautiful video games are even art. Heck, even website construction is an art. Being a fan of a video game is not art in itself. That’s… really stupid.

[TML: STRIKE TWO. I don’t care if you’ve gotten a strike before or not. (I reserve the right to make stronger punishments if I see fit.) You’re getting on my nerves here, PPT. I have told you a thousand times not to go off-topic about this very thing, and I’m insanely tired of it. As said before, ZeldaBlog is not a venue to complain about TGA, so knock it off.

If you want to gripe, you’ve got E-mail. Use it.]

Twilit said:

Being a fan of a video game is not art in itself. That’s… really stupid.

Now, now… don’t twist my words here. :P I didn’t say that.

What I’m saying is that the community is an form of art because we are all here discussing ideas about whatever. We’ve had timeline topics, metafiction topics, topics about art and everything… Why, our Whose Blog Is It Anyway? series is a venue for people to inspire me to come up with art. If we cannot call inspiration art, then I’m sorry, but your definition differs from mine.

I am not saying that liking something is art. Communicating, discussing, and wondering about something—that is art.

So using limited imagination skills and repeating the same thing the other guy said in different words is art?

In some games, playing the video game is art (whether it’s Okami or some Nintendo DS games ;) possibly more ) perhaps we should have like a huge art contest, with many different categories, that would be cool.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Not really. Unles painting wargame miniatures is a category. I could blow you all away.

I think that Cell Shadeing is a form of art, just look at Okami and even Wind Waker, this is an art form that has been taken further by game developers, tis a pitty that more gamers wont take to this style.

BTW please dont punish me for this break from the topic TML, but-

Series overseer Eiji Aonuma has spoken fir the first time about the next Zelda title on Wii. Apparently he wants to add a lot more motion control to the new game abd hes not averse to bringing back Midna *Me- YAY*. He didnt say anything else concrete, but even so his comments dont really seem to echo the original promise that Twilight Princess would be the last game to use the Ocarina of Time formula.

So it seems that we havent seen the last of the little Imp, Midna, which is no bad thing as she is one of the best characters seen so far, yes even better then the evil Fish of Doom, lol.

Midna rocked. I love shadow creatures, probably because of “The Sventh Tower” series by Garth Nix. They’re low reading level but they’re really good. And as I first read them when I was in 3rd grade, they were really cool.

I was skimming over an article on Gamspot about Zelda in general, and the developers were saying that WW almost killed the franchise, among other things. Cel-shading in gebneral isn’t bad, I mean look at Tales of Symphonia, cel-shaded anime beauty. Its the over-all character design, that made WW not so great. The whole, semi-chibi thing. If they made a First Person Zelda game, I would do a happy dance all the way around my block. I really want to play a first person medieval combat game.

Let’s see… I write fanfiction, draw/paint fanart, contribute to several LoZ forums, construct the Ninjatoes’ Zelda Papercraft models, own plenty of limited edition, rare Zelda stuff (including replicas, an Ocarina, a limited-edition LoZ artwork print and some clothing) and (most importantly) love the games to bits. My co-writer and I are still working on our fantasy story Orion: Chain of the Realms (possibly known to a few of you at EDN or NoE), which is very much inspired by Zelda. So yes, I’m in.

In response to Twilit:

I think you may not have said exactly what you meant to in your post above. You state that ‘being a fan of a video game is not art in itself.’ I would agree that passively observing an expression of art is not artistry, because art (by definition) requires action. If you simply stare at a beautiful painting, you are not being artistic.

But if you think about the painting while looking at it, you are.

It seems to me that art is any act of creation, and possibly certain forms of destruction as well. The quality of beauty, after all, is often in the eye of the beholder.

Do not misunderstand me — I am not suggesting that an idle thought about Mona Lisa’s nose shape is comparable to the painting itself. There is a clear distinction between “art” and “great art” which most seem to recognize (although recognition does not necessarily accompany the ability to delineate. I certainly can’t find a communicable way to define the line between them at the moment).

Is this not what we mean when we say that a piece of art inspires us? That we have observed it, invested thought or effort into it, allowed it to stir our emotions, and consequently we intend to ourselves engage in acts of creation?

Now consider the word “fan.” It is, so far as I am aware, an abbreviation of the word “fanatic.” Merriam Webster Online defines fanatic as “marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion.” It is true that we nitpick and find fault with Zelda games all the time. But this does not exclude us from being fanatics. We have excessive enthusiasm and intense devotion. We actually spend a not-insignificant portion of our sharply limited time here on Earth discussing bits of electromagnetic coding contained on tiny chips of metal. We speak about Zelda, Midna, Link, and the rest as if they were real.

Perhaps they are real. Perhaps we are making them real, at least within ourselves.

Once again, don’t misunderstand me — I am not suggesting that our work here is pointless. I am not saying that it is a silly delusion, a pleasant fantasy writ upon the iridescent surface of a short-lived soap bubble. For some, perhaps videogame playing is indeed nothing but a mechanism of escape. But every person who participates on this blog (as TML pointed out) is far more than a passive observer of the art that is the Legend of Zelda.

Yes, we are fanatics about this game. And the sure sign of every true fanatic is that they take action to support their cause.

Yes, we are fans of this game. And yes, that does make us artists in our own right.

Shinigami Ninja said:

*rolls eyes*

Is every single forumite an artist? Probably not. However, I’m not claiming this as an overarching truth. Be that as it may, there are many forumers out there will offer very intellectual posts, thorough discussion, constructive feedback, and posts that extend beyond (and sometimes far beyond) the single word “wow!!!” Tell me, honestly now, that that isn’t something significant.

I am claiming a generality, that the community as a whole is a form of art, and that at some level even this distinction will trickle down in small quantities to simple forums. I mean, forums in a sense are like the public spaces of an art museum, where people can critique fanfiction and fanart. Does that mean everyone who goes into a museum will truly grasp the whole artistic notion? No. But can people go in and be captivated by an idea that some other museum-goer mentions in passing? Yes… and I would like to think that the analogy is rather sound.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

that would be neat :) i can draw Link and Dark pretty good ^_^

We are more than the sum of our parts.

I have to agree with Shinigami on the point that simple discussion isn’t really an art, just like I’d say that sitting in starbucks discussing a movie with one of my friends isn’t really “art.” Critical papers are art, but that’s a different type of discussion altogether. Art actually has to be a produced item, such as a fan-fiction or a remixed song.

And I’m not just pulling this out of my ass, the general definition of art is that it’s an actual produced item that stimulates both mind and senses. Discussion is creativity in many ways, but creativity is just the impetus for art, not the end result.

I think that the zelda comunity inspires people to take up,or maybe just perform,artistic talents.Im not sure that the zelda community itself is an art,but rather the individul aspects that make it up are.either way you look at it though the zelda comunity could be called artistic :P .

well im that much more happier now :D (even if it is just a rumor) .

Jumanji Shishioh said:

that would be really cool.though I have to admit that-while I can draw-im not so good at copying :( .

Shinigami Ninja said:

I think people just had a hard time getting used to it,they were probably picturing something a little more realistic and got hit with TWW instead :P .but I wouldnt say TWW isnt a good game,or an unpopular one for that matter,if I recall correctly its one of nintendos best sellers.

In response to leinator:

I’m unclear on what exactly you mean by “an actual produced item.” Do you mean that art must exist physically exist in order to truly be art? In that case, what about the preconception for art? If a musician works out a brilliant symphony in their head and transcribes it to paper, is it only art after it is written down? But the electric nerve signals that allow the brain to communicate within itself are just as “real” as the paper… Indeed, I was under the impression that physicality itself is the result of electromagnetic repulsion between atoms in close proximity. Considering that, discussion (which is vibrations transmitted through the air) is just as physically real as a painting.

Or are you saying that art must be appreciable by others to truly be art? That it has to exist in some medium where others can observe it? If that is the case than discussion once again qualifies. Hence the way that we refer to the Art of Speaking.

Now I think your point is somewhat correct; vapid statements that are randomly spewed forth hardly seem like “art.” But remember that many people, apparently yourself included, consider very seriously what they say before they say it. In this case their words are the end result of creative impetus, thus falling into your definition of art. I would, in fact, argue that anything worth saying is the end result of a creative process, however minor and brief. Words are not creativity, they are the result thereof.

And what of so-called idiot savants? They often show great aptitude towards areas we might call art, yet some of them have no means by which to physically communicate with others. If art exists only within the mind of such a person, is it still art? I think so, but perhaps you disagree.

I would once again like to make a distinction between great art and art. I’m still not sure exactly what that distinction is, but I’m confident that some of the discussions here on ZeldaBlog have qualified as great art or at least come close. They certainly have a large impact on my thinking, and I assume they have a similar effect on others. So perhaps what you call art is what I think of as “great art” and what you consider not art at all I would qualify as “less-than-great art.”

A final question: is a spider’s web art? There are many instances in nature of apparently non-sentient animals creating truly beautiful things. They don’t seem to realize the beauty of what they make, but we see it. If art is determined by the beholder, not the creator, then such things are art.

The Legend of Zelda community, with it’s many diverse and interesting people and ideas is surely far more complex and fascinating than a spider’s web. If a spider’s web is art, so is this community, even if it was not created with the intention of becoming so.

If I have misunderstood you, please clarify and correct me. I sure don’t have all the answers to questions like these, and would be interested in hearing more of yours — provided, of course, that you tie them back to the Legend of Zelda.

leinator said:

I DISAGREE!!!!!

art can be many things. what im writing might be considered as art by some crazy people, art might be that painting you made in art class. art can be the dog poo in my back yard.

basically, what im saying is that to many people, the definition of art is very diffrent. and dont go against me because of the poo thing. its actually true, sad to say. some people… *sigh*… consider poo a form of art. ok, you can say ewww now.

anyway, the thing is, the zeldaverse reminds me of the saying, “all is one, one is all.” WE are the zeldaverse, the zeldaverse is US. it is a bond that once forged cannot easily be broken, si?

What the scheiss are you Light Walker? I didn’t understand half of what you just said. Anyhow, if art is defined by the beholder, then to most people, new age art isn’t art, is a glorified 2-year-old’s painting/glorifies junk heap, art is most definitely defined by the artist.

uberzeldamaster said:

leinator said:

I DISAGREE!!!!!

The whole faggin article is about the Zelda community as a form of art. Read it again, it may become clear. And this isn’t Fullmetal Alchemist.

sorry for dp, i just saw this post, and i want to make sure EVERYONE reads it. get it? got it? good…

Light Walker said:

In response to Twilit:

But if you think about the painting while looking at it, you are.

Shinigami Ninja said:

uberzeldamaster said:

leinator said:

I DISAGREE!!!!!

yes, yes, i might have come up with the idea of, “one is all, all is one” from the full metal alchemist book, but it describes my point, so quit whining, shinigami. and i meant to say lightwalker, not twilit (see post 57). i didnt know that someone had posted before me, so thats why i said, “sorry for dp”.

Light Walker said:Is art determined by the creator, the beholder, or both? Does art need to be perceived to be art?

I would have to say that that would be based on the beholders individual opinion.and dont forget the artists must also behold there own work,deciding for themeselfs wether or not they think what they just made is art or not.

Light Walker said:A final question: is a spider’s web art?

spiders and there handiwork gross me out -_- .I supose some might say its beautiful,just not me :P .you do have a point with that though.

uberzeldamaster said:besides, what does the discussion of art’s definition have to do with zelda???!!! see, tml, im not the only one who spams!

I would have to guess that-since its more or less on the topic-it isnt counted as spam.suffice to say if a post has something to do with the subject its not spam (though I wouldnt recommend pushing that theory too far ;) ).also double,tripple,quadruple,etc posting can be counted as spam even if your on topic.

Well, I’ve forgotten to post the ten times I’ve read this article in the past few days, so here it goes.

First off, I do agree with the Zelda Community being a form of art, in some way, shape, or form that would probably take many many posts to fully describe. It, well, I’ll take that back. The ZC is like an art museum. It’s a giant Evil Fish Of Doom ™ stomach filled with different arts. Like everyone’s said, you’ve got normal blog/forum postings, you’ve got fan/metafictions, you’ve got fanart, roleplaying, um, very small things like the Cucoo at the top of the ‘Blog page, but you get my point. I am an avid “artist”, I guess, as I have published things into several books, so I definetely see the similarities between what I do and what goes on in the ZC.

And Shinigami Ninja, you want a medieval game? First person? You got an Xbox 360? The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is definetely the route to go. If you don’t have a 360, you can buy it for PC as well. One of my favorite games of all time. Plus, the expansion pack for it is coming out in a few weeks too, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles. Trust me, you’ll love it. Same goes for everyone who hasn’t played it.

Josephina said:

Guess who doesn’t have $400+ too shell out, or a computer capable of running anything higher than warcraft III. Trust me, I just about cried when I found out that it existed and I’d never get to play it. I absolutey hate computers as far as gaming consoles go. But if any game in the world is art, then its Oblivion.
    And UZM, doing nothing but quoting someone elses post is absolutey S.P.A.M.. Especially one that long. If people aren’t going to read it where it was priginally posted, then they’re not gonna read it when you quote. Besides, no one can accidentally skip Light Walkers posts, there twice the size of the artical itself.

Sorry for double posting but I think people will enjoy this article. Aonuma reflects on TP. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167134.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;6

Alrighty then, for some weird reason, I feel the need to post a link to one of my paintings. Then you can let the bombs ensue and tell me whether or not I am an artist…

And another for good measure…

Yeah, I know… off topic. but at least have a look-see.

(hope this doesn’t overload my photobucket acct)