A Link to the Internet

January 26th, 2007 at 1:17 am by The Missing Link

I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I’m an obsessed fan.

You see, I am always on the lookout for good Zelda content, whether that’s stories or fanworks, musings or screenshots, and whenever I happen to see something that catches my eye, I archive the link. Into Firefox’s cache of tabs the link goes, potentially to be unexploited for weeks until several such interesting titbits of Zelda stuff get mashed together. And then, well… I have no choice but to create a ZeldaBlog post about them all.

Such is the nature of this post.

So what have I been collecting to share with you for Show and Tell? Well, come closer and see.

Item number one on the docket is a link from Joystiq that featured the work of an (obsessed, though this is the pot calling the kettle black) fan who has created a metric truckload of screenshots from Twilight Princess [GORON-SIZED SPOILERS!] and archived them into one massive Photobucket account. The number of pictures currently stands at 620, and it’s hard to say if there will be more or not. However, the quality of the pictures is fairly good (all of them coming in at full 480p resolution—that’s 854 by 480, for the record). There are obviously spoilers across the board on this one (as mentioned), but if you’re looking for avatar or icon material, this is definitely a good source for doing so!

Second, we go to a link that I found at GoNintendo that listed a long laundry list of Twilight Princess Easter eggs [VERY MINOR SPOILERS]. There are a slew of crazy factoids about the game that even I didn’t know (although I had come across a few of them, so I didn’t feel too bad by this!). For example, did you know if you write the name Ooccoo spelled as a hexadecimal HTML colour (#00CC00) actually represents the colour of Link’s tunic in the original Legend of Zelda? Crazy coincidence or some big Nintendo conspiracy? You decide!

(Also, before any of you non-Twilight Princess players complain that this topic should be under the Spoilers category for my audacity in mentioning the name in the above factoid, let me reassure you, it’s merely a name without explanation. Guess what, there’s a character named Ashei in there as well, but you have no idea what she does just from her name alone! And no one’s going to reveal such down in the Comments section, right? Good.)

Lastly, I’ve been waiting to share this with you for several weeks now. I was gallivanting over on Newgrounds and came across a well of Legend of Zelda fanstuff in the form of Flash videos by HadoukenDude. The guy loves The Legend of Zelda and has remixed several famous songs and made some absolutely amazing (and funny!) sprite animations to go with the song lyrics. I highly recommend you check out Queen’s “We Are the Champions,” Queen’s “Princes of the Universe,” and Evanescence’s “My Immortal.” They’re very beautiful considering it’s all done with sprite art in Flash, and the guy does deserve some props. You can also check out his Four Swords Misadventures series if you’re not opposed to swearing; he’s got a knack for writing humour in my opinion!

Anyway, that covers everything for today! Now I’m off, back to collecting random Zelda links for you!

Filed under Twilight Princess, Fanstuff, Humor, Four Swords Adventures

21 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “A Link to the Internet”

Comments

Ashei is Ganondorf’s klingon daughter.

Oops.

No! Ashei is the owner of the Deku Baba Ranch! These were all awesome TML. The secrets I gotta search for later once I beat the game, haven’t seen the screen shots, and the music videos were the best. The two by Queen were comedy, and the one by Evanescence is good as love/action video.

I’d already known a lot of Easter Eggs that were listed on that website because I usually pay attention to dumb little things in games. Like…did you notice that when you’re riding Epona, you can hear the creak creak noise of the leather/metal rubbing against each other? There were a number of things on there that I had not even noticed though. And all those screenshots? Ooo, those’ll come in handy…

Here’s another easter egg:
    Rember the roll attack from the Minish Cap? You can do it in TP. Just roll and then quickly swing the sword, and he will stab forward. It can’t be a glitch, because he stabs holding the sword with both hands, whereas the normal stab is with one hand. More likely, they originally were going to use it as a hidden skill, or a normal sword technique, but just forgot about it.

wow… so many pictures ….

cool stuff :P .those are some nice pictures (something tells me ill be back there to save more ^_^ ). one of those easter eggs are….creepy :? .and one I cant wait to try…hmmm…two I cant wait to try :) .

Halan said:

That bugs me to death, oi. Even Link alone has that sound. Must be his chainmail or something. Few of those I have noticed, but didn’t really care. The pics seem to show the WHOLE GAME!

Ninja Lord Kakashi said:

Which of the eater eggs was creepy? Tell me over e-mail just to keep from spoiling something for someone.

cool!

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

wow… so many pictures ….

Dude, SS4 you have got to stop changing your name so much. Also maru on the end makes it a guy’s name.

I din’t know about the stars, fireworks, silver rupee’s or the hexidecimal thing.

I’m sad that I knew most of those Easter eggs. D: But the one about the Oocca being inspired by Escher? That was pretty cool. For anyone who was looking for Escher’s Another World, I’ve got the link here.

Also, speaking of the Oocca, anyone else notice that if you drop them from some ledge in the City in the Sky (one that would put Link back at the start of the room, less one heart), they’ll fly back up? I thought that was cool.

its a mix of Sesshoumaru, Kurama and Orochimaru… ok back on subject now, the pictures are all from the wii so there mirrored, looks different from what im used to… i wonder what style was the original plan? GCN or the wii way(how its mirrored)

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

GCN.

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

I see the resemblance. I think that guy should do one based on “The Soldier’s Song” by Demon Hunter.

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

For anyone who was looking for Escher’s Another World, I’ve got the link here.

wierd :/ .

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

*muttering* I found it annoying -_- .

Shinigami Ninja said:

Sesshorochikuramaru said:

wow… so many pictures ….

uhhh…you do know that kuramas a guy right? therefore maru making it a guy name dosnt change much from her last names.dont worry…easy mistake :? .

So… much… Stuff… *Collapses*

I’ve seen those flashes months ago, they are awesome! I can’t wait for Four Swords Misadventures 4!

Shinigami Ninja said:

Are you talking about Escher? Cuz he kinda died in ‘72.

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

kinda creepy, creepy but interesting at the same time :)

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

Shinigami Ninja said:

Are you talking about Escher? Cuz he kinda died in ‘72.

No, the song guy. The one who did the flash videos in the links in the articles.

Thank you so much for the taking those pictures GCTonyHawk7!!! I also love that game :) and having screenshots makes it easier to draw fanart!!! Thank you :D

Those flash animations are great! My favorites are Princes of the Universe and We are the champions… the one featuring Evanescence’s my immortal was a little boring… I think it’s because of the song but still the guy made a wonderful job!

The fact that the Oocca were inspired by EscherEscher’s Another World was cool and creepy at the same time XD!

I had no idea that Ganondorf was Link’s father!
    OMG its like a scary movie