Spoiler Rule Extended until May 19

December 30th, 2006 at 10:23 pm by The Missing Link

[NOTE: This topic is stickied. Please check below this post for new entries.]

Alright, so the Wii launch… kind of went very differently than I had originally anticipated. Sure, Nintendo has theoretically sold 3.5 million units across the globe… but if you’re anywhere like my hometown (which I just got back from today), well… you can’t even find a Wii unless you’re willing to pay $600+ for one… and that’s not cool for die-hard fans like us. That said, because everyone’s capacity to, you know, obtain the object of our affection is limited, this slightly affects the previously enacted Spoiler Rule regarding Twilight Princess… since, you know, not everyone has it.

As such, the Spoiler Rule is hereby extended until May 19, 2007.

Yes, you heard it right. All the way until May. That’s six full months after the launch of the game. Hopefully between then and now, the supply of Wiis will eventually outweigh demand so that the suckers can actually be found on store shelves. This date is tentative, but I also think that this is fair as a general principle as well. This allows for people playing through much more slowly to not have to be careful about what articles they read.

As a warning: If you happen to be reading the RSS feed for the ‘Blog, it will not auto-censor it for you like the main page of the ‘Blog does. You have been warned.

Just in case you’ve forgotten the spoiler rule, here it is—amended and updated—in its full glory:

1. There’s a separate ‘Blog category for such spoilerific discussion… called… SPOILERS! (Who woulda thunk?!) If you want spoilers, feel free to peruse. If you don’t want spoilers, stay out. Simple as that.
  2. All topics posted by the kind bloggers of ZeldaBlog will be marked with the Spoiler category. The main page will auto-censor the entirety of all articles bearing the designation. The titles will still be visible, so we bloggers will try to keep them ambiguous enough for your protection yet descriptive enough so that you can figure out if you’re far enough into the game to read them.
  3. All talk about Twilight Princess details in the comments section of the ‘Blog will hereby be suspended from all topics not marked as spoilers. Any comments in violation of it will be deleted without question.
  4. These rules will be in effect until midnight of May 19, 2007, Pacific Standard Time. After that, if you still haven’t played Twilight, don’t come crying to me when you find out that Zelda is really Ganondorf’s daughter.

Filed under Announcements

56 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Spoiler Rule Extended until May 19”

Comments

Wow, thanks! I just got the Gamecube version, and am halfway through it. Its definently a cool game. I keep having to go to dessert colossus for a walkthrough, because they have been so nice to create one for stuck gamers like me. :D
    Anyways, thanks!

shadowknight said:

Anyways, thanks!

HEAVEN, INFIDEL, sacrifice him to our gods for using a walkthrough, lol.

shadowknight said:

walkthrough

sacrifice him to our gods for using a walkthrough

Robert? Are you ok? Not feeling a little…ummmmm…for lack of better word usage, strange? Us here at the ‘blog, we aint sacrificin’ innocent people to them gods, we sacrifice ‘em to the godesses. Otherwise, you’re perfectly right. Oh yeah, I took a couple of words out to make the point clear. But, way until may!? Wow…………just shows how popular the great N is becoming. Yes…very popular, ehehehehe…Sony shall fall like the dead stone they are! Ahahahahahahaha!

Um, the GameCube version is perfectly find-able. o_o; I’m sure we’ve all got GameCubes.

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:

shadowknight said:

walkthrough

sacrifice him to our gods for using a walkthrough

Actually there are many times in the game when they are called gods or goddesses, so technically im still right, lol.

Actually, I really appreciate this extension. My brother, LightLink007, has the Wii version and he’s letting me play it, but since I’m away at college most of the time, I can only play it when I come home during breaks, and I’m pretty sure I won’t finish it before I have to head back up.

So thanks, TML!

Gods have been mentioned a lot in the past couple of games, but I think they’re lesser beings than The Three Sisters. Example being, I didn’t see Zephos or Cyclos get any statues in Wind Waker.

maybe you should make a new article about TP that you can talk about spoilers in?

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

I’m pretty sure that Gods is just a more generalized way of saying it. I do think that the Goddesses are higher beings, but I don’t think the name denotes that. Not to mention, Cyclos and Zephos did get those monuments on Dragonroost.

To VQOF:
    Zephos and Cyclos were demigods, they have more power than regular people, but not as much as a god. Therefore, they are not gods. We have long known that there are more gods and goddesses in the Zelda universe than the Three, so gods is just a more general way of saying it instead of the three goddesses. So when the people prayed to the gods in TWW, it wasn’t just the three goddesses.

Okay. I got the Gamecube version, so I had to watch the main page fill with spoilers before I got it. I want OTHERS to go through my pain!

I had to get the gamecube one too i cant find a Wii anywhere

Hey, why cant they just get the gamecube one?
    Then we can break this with the master sword…
    BTW TML dont tell me that, when i read the first of the last statement I scrolled down in a hurry! Dont tell me that spoiler! I just finished the forth temple….

To Sunrise Queen and Master Link: I do understand what you’re both saying. ^_^

Sunrise, while it’s true that Zephos and Cyclos got the little monuments, they weren’t integral in opening the way to the Tower of the Gods. Three’s classically been a magic number in Hyrule. Five, not so much (but seven, eight, and nine appear a lot). Were there any other gods running around in Wind Waker? I only meant to use Zephos and Cyclos and one little example.

Master Link, were they actually demigods? I could swear that somewhere in the game they were called gods. Anyway, what I meant was perhaps Din, Nayru, and Farore are the highest of the high. Perhaps all these other gods and demigods, named and unnamed, are lower in rank.

extending it is a good idea.the game seems hard to go by.

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

the game cube one is actually really hard to find.

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:Wow…………just shows how popular the great N is becoming. Yes…very popular, ehehehehe…Sony shall fall like the dead stone they are! Ahahahahahahaha!

thats just annoying :/ .

Princess Ashley said:
    Dont tell me that spoiler! I just finished the forth temple….

Ha ha ha! Too late!… No, that’s not true. TML is careful about spoilers.

This is pretty cool. People will slowly start to stream into the spoiler topics when the discussion is dying, and we’ll still be talking about [insert spoiler here] when May comes around.

And as a matter of fact, I never owned a GCN. I played The Wind Waker like once, a long time ago, but bought it to play on Wii!

Scepia said:

Horrors! That’s okay, we all have horrible secrets. I never actually played Final Fantasy VII. I’ll never live it down.

Shadow Ninja Kakashi said:
    thats just annoying :/ .

heh i agree brother :)

VQoF,
    The term “gods” in lowercase is in many Zelda games, and is just as vague there as it is today (”the gods of technology”). Zephos and Cyclos are referenced as wind deities, and while deity might translate to “a god or goddess”, it generally refers to a demigod (in Zelda). There are no male gods in Zelda (AKA “Gods”, with a capital G), only goddesses (Three Sister/Golden Goddesses, Goddess of Time, Sand Goddess [actually, I don’t know if she’s ever mentioned by name…], etc.).

Yeah, so, basically, Zephos and Cyclos were just a cool plot device that needed a rank. Comparable with the Giants from MM and, yeah, I’ll stop there.

Princess Ashley said:

At the end of the game, Link and Zelda get married and have a child named Zink.

No TML, they have a child called Tingle and that is why he dosent appear in the game.

thats a scary thought… -_-’ btw, 5 minutes till new years day in local time.

IM, SO, EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya and I just got my wii

While it pains me that the spoiler rule was extended, I have to agree. I got the Gamecube version, and when I picked it up from GameStop, the clerk informed me that it was pre-order only! I didn’t even see the Wii version. As an irrelevant tangent, I wonder if there is a poll out there somewhere that tells what percentage of people have the Wii version, the Gamecube version, and who doesn’t have it. The people who have commented seem to be pretty even between the three…

Ive got both versions.

Ive got both versions.

i was just looking on gamespot…the wii version of TP gets a 8.8 were as the GCN version gets a 8.9…weird. also OoT gets a 10.0, it wasnt that great -_- oh yes, they also have the CD-i games on that site, lol. doesnt even sound like a zelda game.

sorry for double posting it has been like 3+hrs since my last post… anyway i was wondering does anyone go to the goron-sized spoilers topic? im bored and want to talk about TP…

Akira said:I reply to this mainly because I find the religious aspect of LoZ to be of great fascination. An obsession within an obsession. ^__^;;

Indeed! Sometimes I wish there were more information about the religious structures of the Hyrulian peoples. ♥

I’ve had most of the game spoiled for me already since people at other forums feel free to mention details from the end of the game outside of the spoiler section.

I actually got the game on November 19, but I am deliberately taking my time with it. It’s been several weeks since the last time I beat a dungeon, and my playtime as of now is 93 hours. I still have four dungeons left. Waiting this long is definitely worth it for me. When I finally move on to the next part of the game, it’s always extremely exciting. I prefer this to going through everything in the game in just a few days.

Ah, well thank you for extending the date TML, I can’t get one, I try every morning.

I saw a ton of Wii Zeldas at Target. No Wiis, though…

Hylian Dan said:

I tried to do that, but I gave up any possible hope at dungeon 7. I beat the game without a guide at all, and I got the Prima Hardcover one for Christmas. I didn’t really need it though, only for a few of the sidequests that I was stuck on. (And could’ve beaten If I spent more time on them, I bet) My final time was something like 48 hours.

Thanks, TML, I really appreciate the gesture. The Wii is nowhere to be found around here…

Plus, I’m a little short of rupees too!

Windmill Man said:

And I thought my never having finished FFVII was horrible enough. ;)

I don’t think the Gamecube version was just pre-order only. My sibling bought his without any pre-order and I got mine with a pre-order. Maybe the guy had a misconseption? Or maybe it was a false assumption?

Kurama said:

Maybe TML or Jack or DC or lord of shadow or someone could meak a TP spoiler heavy shout box topic kinda thig. Somewhere no TP topic is off limits.

Kurama said:

Maybe TML or Jack or DC or lord of shadow or someone could meak* a TP spoiler heavy shout box topic kinda thig**. Somewhere no TP topic is off limits.

*make
    **thing

Kurama said:

*make
    **thing

huh? that doesnt make any sense.

oh, nvm.

uberzeldamaster said:

oh, nvm.

Yeah. Mispellings are annoying. I’ve been having that problem all day. It must be the new year.

uberzeldamaster said:

oh, nvm.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot to wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! HELLO 2007!

Kurama said:

I just did. :)
    Though, I would like another Goron sized thread

diddo. im getting bored with some of the topics already. hey, did anyone know that tga has been updated?

uberzeldamaster said:

yes…and ive been reading eloze ever since O_O *eyes burn* .

you and me both brotha.

I hope to get the Wii version of TP but not till the price drops, since I have the GCN one. Considering I live in a small farming community, I’m surprised that I actually got a Wii for Christmas.

Shadow Ninja Kakashi said:

uberzeldamaster said:

yes…and ive been reading eloze ever since O_O *eyes burn* .

Eloze is one of the best fan-fictions I have ever read, I wish I could write that well. I cant wait for the Book of Mudora to be updated either, but take your time TML, pls dont rush because you think we are pressuring you, do things in your own time.

Shadow Ninja Kakashi said:

uberzeldamaster said:

yes…and ive been reading eloze ever since O_O *eyes burn* .

heh, me too..

*sigh* i have written several would-have-been books, all from 6th grade and since (im in 7th grade right now :p), but they have never been… original… unique… whatever you wanna call it. i help make myself feel better by reading true books and fan fics on the internet. eloze so far has made me feel like writing again, except, they will be fanfics on the internet dedicated to the ‘blog!!! ahooga!!!!!!!1 w00t! pwned! supa l33t h4×0r! btw, i have no idea what the last two mean.

dp, but i posted last night, so… if you see any books at all in the book store that say, Written by Elan Buckley, than i will have written that book. wish me luck!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!A double poster!!!!SHIELD YOUR EYES,LITTLE PPL!!!(just joking :P )

…. ha, ha, ha. i didnt find that so *navi*ing funny.

-_-…..do i care?no.do i want to?no.should i stop?!no.

Princess Ashley said:

At the end of the game, Link and Zelda get married and have a child named Zink.

Yeah right..hahahaha. Hey! I finally get your bad sarcasm!

Unrelated to this blog, but I have nowhere else to post it, I FINALLY BOUGHT TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! (For GameCube) Its not really that much different gameplay than Windwaker, I love the fact that you can rotate the camera around you just like it. I don’t belive that can be done on the Wii Version. Plus, i don’t really like the fairy pointer either on the Wii (but I’ll probably end up buying a Wii after all the Crazyness and buy the Wii version of TP and contradict everything I just said.)

Zen Blade said:

yeah thats how it usually goes ;) .