The First Three Hours (Tiny Spoilers Only)November 17th, 2006 at 10:03 pm by The Missing Link
I believe this picture needs no explanation.
Even though this is marked as a spoiler, I’m going to keep the spoilers constrained to vague hints and game structure alone so that you don’t feel cheated out of anything. (After all, thousands of other sites will have the juicy details for you.)
I am just shy of the three-hour mark. This includes a decent bit of exploration, a few minutes here and there dedicated to this puzzle or that, and lots of dialogue. Here are (vague) things that you can expect to find in the first three hours of Twilight (in no particular order).
- You will still have three hearts. And unless I’m mistaken, you will have exactly three and zero-fifths hearts. (You’ll remember that heart pieces are now pieces-of-five rather than of four.)
- You will have four secondary weapons (i.e., weapons that are not a sword nor a shield). You have seen all of these in some Zelda game or some Twilight trailer.
- You will uncover the first bits of long-term plot in the game. In other words, you will find out your first major directive.
- You will have journeyed into the Twilight Realm and played as Wolf Link.
- You will become Midna’s virtual slave. You basically have no choice in the matter. (Well, you can turn off your Wii. But we know you’re not gonna.) She needs your help, but you need her help more.
- You will see a flashback. (Of whom and of what, I will not say.)
- You will see yourself dressed in the green tunic we all know and love.
- You will meet characters that have been in the trailers (that I have watched), and you will meet characters that have NOT been in the trailers.
- You will get a sense that there is a great mystery that is to be uncovered later in the game.
You will find out that Zelda really isn’t the Twilight Princess. (Not really; I’m just pulling your leg on that one.)
Snape kills Ganondorf. (You REALLY should know I’m joking there.)
As a final word, I will say these two things from the first three hours. The game is absolutely gorgeous with minor bits of fanservice close-ups that you will love. Also, currrently my prediction for the plot is in an ambiguous state. It is looking more and more like I am incorrect about where the plot is going, but this one is still too early to call.
Filed under Twilight Princess, SpoilersFollow This Entry | Read Other Posts by The Missing Link