The First Three Hours (Tiny Spoilers Only)

November 17th, 2006 at 10:03 pm by The Missing Link

I believe this picture needs no explanation.

Even though this is marked as a spoiler, I’m going to keep the spoilers constrained to vague hints and game structure alone so that you don’t feel cheated out of anything. (After all, thousands of other sites will have the juicy details for you.)

I am just shy of the three-hour mark. This includes a decent bit of exploration, a few minutes here and there dedicated to this puzzle or that, and lots of dialogue. Here are (vague) things that you can expect to find in the first three hours of Twilight (in no particular order).

• You will still have three hearts. And unless I’m mistaken, you will have exactly three and zero-fifths hearts. (You’ll remember that heart pieces are now pieces-of-five rather than of four.)
  • You will have four secondary weapons (i.e., weapons that are not a sword nor a shield). You have seen all of these in some Zelda game or some Twilight trailer.
  • You will uncover the first bits of long-term plot in the game. In other words, you will find out your first major directive.
  • You will have journeyed into the Twilight Realm and played as Wolf Link.
  • You will become Midna’s virtual slave. You basically have no choice in the matter. (Well, you can turn off your Wii. But we know you’re not gonna.) She needs your help, but you need her help more.
  • You will see a flashback. (Of whom and of what, I will not say.)
  • You will see yourself dressed in the green tunic we all know and love.
  • You will meet characters that have been in the trailers (that I have watched), and you will meet characters that have NOT been in the trailers.
  • You will get a sense that there is a great mystery that is to be uncovered later in the game.
  • You will find out that Zelda really isn’t the Twilight Princess. (Not really; I’m just pulling your leg on that one.)
  • Snape kills Ganondorf. (You REALLY should know I’m joking there.)

As a final word, I will say these two things from the first three hours. The game is absolutely gorgeous with minor bits of fanservice close-ups that you will love. Also, currrently my prediction for the plot is in an ambiguous state. It is looking more and more like I am incorrect about where the plot is going, but this one is still too early to call.

Filed under Twilight Princess, Spoilers

Follow This Entry | Read Other Posts by The Missing Link

42 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “The First Three Hours (Tiny Spoilers Only)”

Comments

• 1. Sage says:

*hyperventilation and spasms*

I believe that is what we in the business call TOTAL AND UTTER OWNAGE.
    But does this mean I can buy one as of now? Because if it does, I will drag my mom to the nearest electronics store no matter what. Hell, I’ll drive if I have to. And thats saying something considering I’m only 14. TWILIGHT PRINCESS, HERE I COME.

Sage said:

But does this mean I can buy one as of now?

No. There is only one place on the planet that is currently selling them, and it’s closed until Monday.

• 3. Sage says:

Sage said:

But does this mean I can buy one as of now?

It’s the “il” in “illegal” that makes things fun! ;D

You collect 5 hearts now… hmmm im not sure I like that,4 hearts makes more sense.

Wait, WHAT! >__

Sage said:

But does this mean I can buy one as of now?

Then how’d you get one? I don’t suppose it really matters since I’ll be getting Wii and Tp in a day, but it’d be nice to know.

Prophet of Winds said:

Sage said:

But does this mean I can buy one as of now?

There was one store that was selling them, and I bet TML got TP at it.

Sage said:

Same here.. same here! Any suggestions on how to get reluctant persons to allow you to get TP?

not fair you get tp earlly

Sage said:

But does this mean I can buy one as of now?

Hm. Is this some secret advantage to making video games, TML? Yeah, that’s probably the only reason you took the job, just for a 1 and 1/2 day early Wii and TP. You disgust me. :P

But on the serious side, I’ve heard of places (and very few at that matter) that give out systems and big-name games before national release date. Not specific ones, but places in general.

But either way… YOU ARE A LUCKY LITTLE FAIRY TML, A LUCKY LITTLE FAIRY! :) But I wish there was a smile for jealousy.

• 10. Sage says:

shadowknight said:

Sage said:

Hold them at arrowpoint?

Or you could just bribe, brown-nose, and beg them. ^_^

Aye, thats what I’m doing now. :D

• 12. ella says:

Ooooh…! Why can’t they release the GCN version sooner?! I can barely stand the waiting, what with all you lucky Wii people already playing the game.

• 13. Luce says:

You lucky, lucky dog.
    Tell me, did you get that special shiver up your spine when you loaded the game up for the first time, or is is magic beyond your/our wildest dreams?

Let me remind you all that my job in the industry is in NO way affiliated with Nintendo. There’s no conflict of interest, but the coin works the other way—there’s no Nintendo perks that come straight through my job. All the clues needed to figure it out are out there… and that’s all I’m going to say about that. End of the discussion about how I got TP.

Luce said:

Oh heck yes. I will say this one thing, because it’s not spoilerific at all. When I booted the game to see the Intro Screen video we saw a few weeks ago, I was in awe. And when I hit the A+B button (the analogue of Start for Wii), and then I felt the controller vibrate and the sound coming from the controller (I forgot about the speaker!), it was chilling… but in such a good way!

1) You are a lucky dog. 2)Is that you?

Darn it! My post didn’t come through last time. TML, why play the game before us ;_; That is cruel, and unusual! I swear, by Din, I will get revenge! *lightning strikes; HH disappears in a gust of wind*

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Because I don’t want you guys to spoil me inadvertently. ;) And, unlike you, I just can’t stay off the Web for three weeks or something… you know, because I gots websites to runs and all that stuffs.

GAH… I am sooooooo jealous of you TML.

Sorry for the double post but what is the Wii controller like to use?

Sorry for the double post but what is the Wii controller like to use?

It’s not that bad, actually. There’s only one real complaint I have with it is that I’m having trouble getting the controller to recognise two different commands:

(1) Throw an item — Hold the controller straight up and fling it forward
    (2) Draw your sword (and consequentially DROP the item) — Flick the controller sideways.

This is a problem because… let’s just say I’ve taken a good bit of damage from doing the wrong action with explosive objects.

Otherwise, it feels very natural, and I’m not weirded out in the slightest that I’m not holding one piece of plastic but rather two.

Where I live, it is now the 19th.

This
    Is
    A
    Day
    To
    Remember
    !!!

Does anyone know if the Kokiri and Kakariko Village appear in Twilight Princess?

Kakariko does.

Kakariko appears, but not as you remember it. The Kokiri Forest music DOES make a reappearance, but so far the Kokiri are a no show.

There are a few other familiar places to be found in your journeys across Hyrule. I think I can safely say that there is a lake by the name of Lake Hylia, but there ARE things that you will recognise. I just won’t say what because that’s more on the order of 10-18 hours into the game.

Thats VERY cool, what about the Zoras?

Thats VERY cool, what about the Zoras?

If they don’t give us Zoras, I’m suing. ;)

Thats VERY cool, what about the Zoras?

What about the Zoras indeed.

I will say only this. There are many references to Ocarina of Time. A lot of music has been pulled forward (although some of it only used sporadically, such as the Ocarina songs). Some (but not all) of the places exist. The legend of the goddesses is quoted almost verbatim at one point. And they make an obvious throwback to Ocarina’s story. And we know that some of the races are back since we’ve seen the Gorons. (Whether or not there are more or not, I will not say.)

However, other than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf (and no, that’s not a spoiler—we all know he’s in the game), there are ZERO familiar faces.

Take from that question what you will about who you will find in the game.

wow only 2 weeks to go for when it comes out in the UK, so from all the americans point of view is the game good then?

heack yeah this game is the best ever it makes Halo suck it turns little sisters into gaming freaks go to circut city.com and order it because amazon is out of stock Zelda is extremly addicting!!!!!(nintendo rulz its so cool also thw wii will make sony go broke its sooo cool!!!!)

IM getting zelda for X-mas!!!!!!!!

*cries* My mother won’t give me ack my graduation money! she hid it from me! I can’t get the Wii!….
    But, i got TP for the Wii and will get it for Game Cube…and she dosen’t know it! haha! …i’m envious of you, TML.

What I want to know is how the story of Ocarina of Tome is connected to Twilight Princess, is it set in the future/alternate reality where adult Link defeats Ganondorf or is it set decades after Link returned to being a child?

BTW is Lon Lon Ranch in the game?

BTW is Lon Lon Ranch in the game?

Twilight takes place, according to Aonuma, 100 years after Ocarina. (However, this is also when Wind Waker allegedly took place, so… you do the math on that.) I do know, at least preliminarily, where the real-tie in between the two games is, i.e., how Ganondorf fits into the story. However, I’m still three dungeons from the end, and anything can happen! So I’m not going to say whether or not I believe Aonuma or not on this. Right now, Twilight isn’t in my timeline.

Yes, there is a ranch. That ranch is the one you start out on. No, it is not called Lon Lon.

Now, TML said that:
    “*You will find out that Zelda really isn’t the Twilight Princess. (Not really; I’m just pulling your leg on that one.)”

Well, I know this sounds crazy, but I was think upon this as I went to bed last night and during the night I had a..well, a dream. It was about Twilight Princess and from it I understood two things, though I don’t know if they are actually true or not.

First, Zelda is NOT the Twilight Princess but simply our Zelda, Princess of Hyrule.
    Second, (and the most shocking of the two) Minda is actually the Twilight Princess.

Ok, I know I sound crazy, and normally I wouldn’t post something like this, but I can’t play the game and find out for myself until the Game Cube one is released. So, I ask you, I BEG you, any of you who already are playing TP, pay attention to what is going on! If you get to that point in the game where it tells you who Midna really is, then let me know if my dream was true or not.
    I’ll probably be waiting forever for an answer, but this is all I’m asking. I know I’m not crazy, and perhaps it was “juts a dream”, but sometimes dreams come true. So, someone, please, when you find out who or what Minda is, let me and the others here at the Blog know, ok?

Musica said:

Now, TML said that:

If you look on the “Man behind the Twilight” post, it’ll answer your question ;)

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Well, I read that but it states that she is “the creator of the Twilight”, not the the “Twilight Princess”…so…eyah…now I’m lost and confused, and I still think Ganondorf will make an appearance in the game, even if it’s just a picture or the mention of his name, he’ll be in there some where.

I shall not comment. But you DO find out how the Twilight Princess is in the first three hours. :D

:p