The Rule about Spoilers

November 12th, 2006 at 10:41 am by The Missing Link

[NOTE: This post is stickied until January 8, 2007. Please check below this post for new entries.]

Let’s get to the facts. North America gets Twilight Princess in less than a week. The rest of the world gets it… a little bit later. On top of that, the GameCube version isn’t out until after that. And some of you aren’t going to be getting it until Christmas. Doing the math on this, I figure that not all of you are going to be pouncing on Twilight seven days from now. I’m down with that. Understanding, even.

And I know that those of you who want to play it (Okay, honestly, raise your hands. Does anyone here not want to play it?) don’t want to be spoiled. But yet you still want the good Zelda stuffs and rich ZeldaBlog action in the meanwhile, am I right, or am I right? So! As a result, we’ve got to have rules about this stuff, and so the TML shall provide a spoiler-safe blog experience for your consumption. Don’t ever say the TML didn’t do nothing for the peoples.

Here be the rules:

1. I have created a separate ‘Blog category for such spoilerific discussion. It’s called… SPOILERS! (Who woulda thunk?!) (Yes, I know there’s a 404 page there now. Just wait until we get one… it’ll work then.) If you want spoilers, feel free to puruse. If you don’t want spoilers, stay out. It’s simple as that.
  2. All topics posted by the kind bloggers of ZeldaBlog will be marked as such. Because I love you all so dearly, I have made it such that the opening paragraphs of spoiler articles will be replaced by a warning when you look at the main page of the ‘Blog. The titles will still be visible, so we bloggers will try to keep them… ambiguous enough for your protection yet descriptive enough so that you can figure out if you’re far enough into the game to read them.
  3. All talk about Twilight Princess details in the comments section of the ‘Blog will hereby be suspended from all topics not marked as spoilers. Any comments in violation of it will be deleted without question, and anyone who manages to spoil me unawares… I might just have to pull a Reggie on you.
  4. These rules will be in effect until midnight of January 8, 2007, Pacific Standard Time. That’s two weeks after Christmas Day. After that, if you still haven’t played Twilight, don’t come crying to me when you find out that Zelda is really Ganondorf’s daughter.

Last, but not least, whenever you get to play Zelda, enjoy it and savour it! Don’t be on this huge, mad rush to get through the game so you can talk about the Rhinoceros Rock dungeon or Ganondorf secretly posing as Midna. That’s not the way Zelda is meant to be played. Take your time, enjoy the beautiful scenery, and live the game as if you were truly a Hyrulian. You’ll thank me later. :D

The TML has spoken.

Filed under Announcements

132 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “The Rule about Spoilers”

Comments

• 1. Sage says:

I plan to be one of the lucky few who get it on November 19th, and I can’t wait! But I promise to not tell when it turns out Link had the power to gome home from the begining by clicking his heels together and saying “There’s no place like Hyrule, There’s no place like Hyrule, There’s no place…”

On a completely unrelated note, my mom went to best buy the other day and was asking about next-gen consoles. Apparently, theres going to be a 20 hour wait in line to get a PS3. Upon hearing this, I could only say one thing.

“SUCKERS!”

Well then, all those rumors on the Internet may be disproven. BTW, TML. The Grand Adventures forum on VGF… you posted on my topic that you don’t really care about the rumors, you simply want to play it? Well… the rumors are what are keeping this community alive at the moment, but you held a good opinion. Still…

The Wii will be the one thing I will savor in life. And Sage… SUCKERS! is a good way to put it ;-)

Ahh…. TP….. I daydream at least once a day thinking about it.
    Thanks TML, that was one thing that i was worried about. I still don’t know which day I am going to get it.

The Master Swordsman said:

I think F*NAVI*ing losers is more like it. A ton of people waited in line to get it and almost no one did. They stood in the cold in Japan for all but naught. HEHEHEH.

Any way. I hope that there will be enough Wii’s to and Zelda around the day after Launch to get one so I don’t have to wait until Christmas. Or later.

I just have one question. Why a Sunday? Why not Saturday. I have to go into Rochester (the only place within an hour of my hometown that has store that sell video games) on the 18th anyway.

Thank you. Spoilers suck. If I learn one thing before the 13th, (stupid release dates) I will wage a jihad on those people who have irked me. Thank you.

Thank you very much!Im getting the gamecube version so Ill have to wait and i dont need spoilers!

I’m so excited!! I’m getting it on Gamecube; I’m preoerdering it with my birthday money I’ll be getting in a few days, and I really appreciate your efforts to keep the spoilers at bay. Thank you very much, TML! :D

here’s what i’m gonna do:
    1:sell the GC(don’t kill me!thw ii plays gc games!)
    2:beg and beg and beg my folks of the wii and TP
    3:wake up on christmas day,finding the wii under the tree(hey,that rhymes!!!)
    yay :P :) :D :D :D

good Idea TML.I just have one question…whos reggie :P ? umm…perhaps im a bit unimformed?

btw,whats the big deal with the waiting in line thing? I know its a long wait,and I know theres a small supply,but still I see no big deal with the whole thing.besides,you cant say waiting a ridiculously long time for something you really want is something you have never done (or anybody on this site can for that matter -_- )…wouldnt that make us suckers :? .

Reggie is one of the head honchos of nintendo, I think.
    I am still debating whether to wait till christmas, or get it on that day. What do you think?

Zelda is Ganondorf’s daughter? :O HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?

THANK YOU! It’s about time someone laid the smackddown on people who ruin these games.

good idea :) maybe i wont have to temporally leave when TP comes out.BTW what happened to the zelda lost to samus article?

Good God this thread, in an attempt to protect me from spoilers, has done nothing BUT spoil me. Forget that, I’m gonna buy Rayman now. Jerks.

Thank you very much, mr. TML. It’s true, only the part of North America that gets the Wii version will play it in a week. As for the rest of America, Japan, Australia and Europe (*sniff* we’re still the last), they WILL get it later. So, having something like this is really helpful.

Thanks!

Cool, no spoilers. Now I don’t have boycott the blog until the end year.

W00TNESS WITH A CAPITOL Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skywalker001 said:

W00TNESS WITH A CAPITOL Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… a Q :? ?

Windmill Man said:

To wage a Jihad you need people to fight for you who have no belief in your true cause.

This is really really really really ****REALLY**** cool. I’d probably off myself if I had no ‘Bloggings until Christmas :) .

Great Lord Ephraim said:

Reggie Fils-Aime is the President and CEO of Nintendo America.

skywalker001 said:

W00TNESS WITH A CAPITOL Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… a Q :? ?

Either he meant to hit “W” (right next to “Q”) or he’s smokin’ something expensive :P

Sounds like a town near my town… creepy :? .

BTW, this has nothing to do with Zelda or Nintendo at all, but if any of you have a 360 like I do, buy Gears Of War. Right now. Out of your computer chair and buy this thing. It has to be my favorite shooter of all time. Well, behind the original Perfect Dark for N64, but it still rox my sox.

• 21. Impa says:

Thanks sooo much for no spoilers. My Uncle is suppose to get me a Wii for Christmas. But I want the Game Cube version too.

Thank you for the “no spoilers” policy, TML, though it has been said a hundred times already, it needs to be said more. And it *NAVING* sucks that now I have to wait to buy a Wii and TP (stupid bloody car). Oh well.

Cool TML. Now it’ll be less stressful for us in the ‘Blog. It’ll still be Nightmare before Christmas for anyone else, though ;) Hey TML, I understand this is off topic, but I’m sending you an e-mail to your TGA name, it’ll be an article with spoilers, but I think you can write it. Anyways, I agree with GLE, leaving this place won’t be necessary :D

I have my Wii and TP already reserved and payed for, I can’t wait until SUNDAY!!!

I appreciate the non-spoilerness of the Blog, since I plan on getting the GC version. I’m poor. D:

That’s not to say I won’t be throwing rocks at the people I do see walking around the mall next Sunday. “Your TP or your HP!”

Can’t wait until the 19th! Good rules TML!

Impa said:

They say that the two games are reversed do to Link’s opposite handed-ness.

I live in Australia and plan to buy the Gamecube version - for which they are yet to announce a release date. I know I’m a minority (possibly even a singularity), however, wouldn’t it be best off to keep the spoiler things permanently? And to simply request that spoilers be kept out of comments permanently? Twilight Princess dicussion, I agree should be allowed after a certain point, but people still should be posting spoilers.

I say this not only because some people will not have played the game, but also because some people may take it slower than others, which I believe is fair reasoning. What if you only get half way through the game, yet someone else has finished it by then, and you find yourself spoiled?

DaMoose said:
    …but people still should be posting spoilers.

Oops… Should’ve said “people still should NOT be posting spoilers.”

Thanks for de-spoilerfiying the Blog. I myself am getting the Cube version first due to my financial situation. Also, I have a thing against making large personal purchases so close to the holidays, considering I should be making charity donations and/or getting other people gifts.

DaMoose said:

There’s only so much that can be done to de-spoilerise any site on the web. For instance, today—even on the ‘Blog itself—you’ll notice that we speak freely of such plot twists like Zelda being Sheik, Wind Waker bringing you back to the old Hyrule Castle from centuries ago, and how Zelda kisses Link at the end of the Oracle games. There’s no way that I can determine that every visitor here has played any of the games, especially since we get 800+ different people here and only so many reply on the comments system. But yet, either they get spoiled by such games they haven’t played or they don’t care about it, one.

In short, there has to be at least some termination date when it comes to spoiler prevention.

The question is a matter of when, and you may be right that 8 January is too early. But think this through with me: There’s going to be no date that everyone is happy with. If someone doesn’t start the game until March, he or she might as well avoid the entire Internet until he or she is done because, well, stuff like happens. (Anyone remember Snape killed Dumbledore? ;) And that stuff even happened on websites that had nothing to do with Harry Potter!) All I’m saying is that I’m just trying to hold the floodgates (Watergate Palace?) back a little so people still do have a safe haven to come to in the short interim. But there’s only so much I can do to help you guys… when so many other sites—IGN, GameSpot, Zelda fansites, Google Video, YouTube, LiveJournal, MySpace, YTMND, your E-mail maybe!—might be spoiling you nevertheless, regardless if ZeldaBlog is spoilered or not.

Be that as it may, I do reserve the right to extend the hiatus on spoilers beyond 8 January… and I may even put it to a vote to the populace. We’ll see what happens closer to the time.

TML. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, this is the perfect system to keep all of you lucky Americans from spoiling it for the rest of us. If ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE *Including you TML, lol* find a way to spoil this for me I will get Majoras Mask out of my Safe and slam the moon into your house/country… YOU GOT IT.

i am grateful that you care so deeply for us. navy be with you, friend.
    I’m one of the poor losers having to wait until december 8th or even 15th.

Pascal said:

i am grateful that you care so deeply for us. navy be with you, friend.
    I’m one of the poor losers having to wait until december 8th or even 15th.

so then…im…a poor looser as well :? ? how very depressing.just kidding.still I am going to have to wait a while past the GCN TP release date.

lucky americans huh? I have to worry about the lucky world :P .and no moon crashing or i’ll have to get my oni link mask out :D .

Pascal said:

i am grateful that you care so deeply for us. navy be with you, friend.
    I’m one of the poor losers having to wait until december 8th or even 15th.

I’m really hoping you meant Navi. Not that thats a good thing to have her with you…

OMG…..6 days!!!i can’t wait!!!in menpry of this day,only 6 days,i beat SSBM!!!!!YAY!!!!!^ DAYS!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I didn’t know about that Harry Potter spoiler :( Could you remove it please? :)
    As far as TP goes…
    I got it all preordered at Toys R’ Us

master of windwaker said:

Hey, buddy, every heard of decaf?

Okay TML. I can see your point.

I don’t use Wordpress, but many forums I visit have a “spoiler tag”. Maybe there is a modifcation for Wordpress that allows for something like that in comments? It seems relevant to the situation, and could be used for spoilers in other games (or books, as it may be) too. Alternatively, if the font tag were enabled in comments, spoilers could be written in a different colour that is difficult or impossible to read against the background - and users must highlight to read. Again, I’m not 100% certain, since I don’t use Wordpress, but this sort of thing, in my opinion, would be ideal.

Well, since I’ve got the GC, I’ll just have to wait… But I can’t wait to play! And yes, I will try to take my time with the game ;)

Scepia said:

I didn’t know about that Harry Potter spoiler :( Could you remove it please? :)

You’ve already seen it. It doesn’t do any harm to you now. ;)

DaMoose said:

I can do a quick check to see if there’s something that will do that. I don’t know if there’s a way to code it up quickly or not considering I’m now working with a newer version of the WordPress software, but I’ll give a look into seeing if someone else who uses 2.0.4 has a spoiler-tag or comment-system plug-in.

I’ll try to grab a Wii and Twilight Princess in launch, but I need to find a store that is actually open on Sunday! Spoilers don’t annoy me. Also I saw what happens in the beggining of TP, first it starts out as *A random person throws a rock at me* Ow… *Blacks out*

master of windwaker said:

Hey, buddy, every heard of decaf?

My SSBM game has been ERASED! :( I think my little brother did it somehow… I mean, the file is still there but all the data is GONE! Aww well, Brawl isn’t coming out till 2007 so I have enough time to redo everything.

Lately on the net spoilers are everywhere! I’ve been avoiding them for the most part, but sometimes I can’t help it! I just watch the videos that are just combat or whatever… not those “First 25 minutes of TP videos!!!”

Scepia said:

I didn’t know about that Harry Potter spoiler :( Could you remove it please? :)

You’ve already seen it. It doesn’t do any harm to you now. ;)

I mean for other people :)

almost… 5… days!

This rule is GREAT!

On the forum that i’m usaly going to, seems to have no rules at all… yestarday i accidently cliked on a thread and guess what?… The word spoiler isn’t strong enough… three pictures with the final boss in TP… Watch out for those pictures, you don’t wanna to see them!

skywalker001 said:

W00TNESS WITH A CAPITOL Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… a Q :? ?

Yup Q.

I got my Wii pre-ordered with Cube and Wii versions of Twilight princess, also ive pre-ordered the Wii classic controller.

TML, please tell me those things concerning zelda, ganon and midna in your article aren’t actual spoilers from the game, seriously i’m getting kinda worried here!

Legend of Link said:

i fell ur pain….:( :( :( :(

master of windwaker said:

Legend of Link said:

i fell ur pain….:( :( :( :(

What happened to that post? Wait, It seems to be doing this crazy quote too! What is going on?!

magnon said:

Are you kidding me? Do you think that I have a copy of Twilight Princess here in my apartment and have played it all the way through? More importantly, do you think I’d violate the Spoiler Rule in the topic about the Spoiler Rule? I am evil, but I’m not that evil!

No, they’re not true… or rather I should say that I made them up off the top of my head; I really have no way of knowing if they’re true or not.

The Missing Link said:Are you kidding me? Do you think that I have a copy of Twilight Princess here in my apartment and have played it all the way through?

well,you are working for a game company,arent you ;) ?

That may be the case, but he also said that it was not Nintendo, and that there was no conflict of interest, so it it wouldn’t be a company in possession of Zelda.

DaMoose said:

Bingo. I do not work for a company that has Twilight Princess.

DaMoose said:

im just kidding :) .

The Missing Link said:Bingo. I do not work for a company that has Twilight Princess.

I didnt say you got it fair ;) .everybody knows a video game “programer” is just a person who dresses up like a ninja and steals valuable intellegence :P .

3 day!!3 days!!! 3 days!!!!! 3 days!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Damn you Master of Windwaker, dont rub it in.

1 day!!!!lolz,you ppl in europe!!!!!hahahahahaha!!!!(by the way,i have stayed up a total of 24 hours!!!!!yayayaya!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hate you so much, lol.

[TML: Spam will not be tolerated.]

Cut the *navi* Master of Windwaker! Some of us decided not to get the Wii and TP for the Wii, so quit rubbing it in our faces, it is spamming, and you will upset other people. And also, other people won’t gt a Wii and TP for the Wii, so it’s making other people mad. Continue, and I’ll have The Missing Link come and give you a warning.

only 22 days left untill the game cube TP release date -_- .well…better than a year or so,right?watching/playing FF should help me forget about the ridiculously long wait.seems there are more spoilers then I had anticipated though.by the way,I thought you said you didnt want to be spoiled TML.how can you make spoiler articles and not get…you know…spoiled :? ?

Ack, another rumor.

Those who haven’t preordered GCN Twilight Princess will not be able to buy one, because there is a rumor that only preordered GCN TP copies will be made. Only Wii after that. :O

The Master Swordsman said:

Ack, another rumor.

sounds like an average rumor.I doubt nintendo could handle passing up the profit they would make from the GCN version of TP though.

Barely on-topic, but:

Seeing as a lot of us will be getting it for Christmas, can we have a countdown timer for that perhaps?

SamTheHappyEmo said:

Barely on-topic, but:

for the GCN release or…christmas :? ?

Jumanji Shishioh said:

I”M SORRY!!!!! I”M SO HORRIBLE!!!!I WAS JUST VERY,VERY HAPPY!!!I FEEL SO BAD!!!!SORRY!!!!(especially robert)SORRY!!!! :(

Master of Windwaker, calm down. I understand how you feel about the game, just be a little more polite next, ok? Last thing I wanted here was a spam war, which would have gotten a lot of people in trouble (plus, some people tend to forget the *navi* censoring) just be more considerate. If you weren’t rubbing it in our faces, I would’ve started crying. Hah! Just kidding about the crying, but I am envious of you guys who did get it. I would by the game, but I used most of it getting Naruto: Clash of Ninja II (being as big a fan as Zelda, I’d get it in a heart beat if I had the money and was at the right place at the right time)

The Master Swordsman said:
    Ack, another rumor.

I’m pretty sure that one was confirmed false. Even if it wasn’t, Nintendo would be stupid to do that for reasons already mentioned.

I’d be one of the ones not getting TP if they did that. And I suspect that there would be many others.

ok….i just have nood swings.sorry.-goes into meditation pose for a long time-

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

Some of the updates for the Wii online WI-FI will destroy your Wii, apparently some faulty machines are not compatible so be VERY careful when loading them.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

its as if both nintendo and sony rushed their star consoles out too fast (well,sonys going as fast as could be expected,givin the delays and all).I heard something not too long ago that some of the PS3’s wont have backwards capabilitie.hmm,goes to show that rushings never a good thing.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

Nothing you can do about it but not install it since you never know if it’s going to make a Wii-brick or not. (However, not installing it means no virtual console.)

However, Nintendo is replacing bricked Wiis free of charge, so you’ll just have a delay on being able to play Zelda.

okay….this is bad news for my friends :P but i may haave a bricked wii,too.i just don’t know yet :(

all the more reason for me not to get a wii

SamTheHappyEmo said:

Barely on-topic, but:

for the GCN release or…christmas :? ?

Oh, Christmas, definatly.

SS4 Kurama said:

all the more reason for me not to get a wii

You get a free wiiplacement in less than a fortnight. It’s an inconveniance, an extremely rare one.

SamTheHappyEmo said:Anyway, teething troubles are being experienced by all three consoles. So it’s all balanced out.

whats wrong with the X-box 360?

SS4 Kurama said:

all the more reason for me not to get a wii

If you’re paranoid about never buying anything that’s broken, you might as well buy nothing ever again. There’s a non-zero chance that any product you buy will not work or will work improperly; those numbers just happen to be small.

So, no, it’s not a reason not to get a Wii.

SS4 Kurama said:

all the more reason for me not to get a wii

So, no, it’s not a reason not to get a Wii.

shes not paranoid.and besides,its just unwise to buy something that you know has a high risk of not working.

SS4 Kurama said:

all the more reason for me not to get a wii

So, no, it’s not a reason not to get a Wii.

hee hee im still not getting one, lol ^_^

Great Lord Ephraim said:

Its a minority of consoles affected. And it’s possible not to update; the original console still works.

Having said that, Kurama is entirely free not to get a Wii. I’m still not sure if I will be - I’m waiting to playtest first.

I saw an interesting deal on the Wii today actually… If I trade in my Gamecube and all 19 of my games, I get the Wii for just $AU200, rather than 400… EB Games is a joke.

I’m sure she’ll play one. Eventually, when everyone else has a Wii, she’ll want one, too. It’s how society works. Anyways, she would probably buy one in the future, where they worked out the bugs, but didn’t they say that a bricked Wii can be replaced with a new one for no money? That sounds like a good deal to me.

it just doesnt seem worth it to me, i dont play very many games and the new wii games just dont look interesting to me…not even fire emblem(it looks like a part 2 of PoR, bleh)and TP is comming for GameCube so i really see no need for me to get it

DaMoose said:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

true.still it is smarter to wait untill all the bugs are worked out.the main reason we wont be getting one is the lack of games.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

thats cheating ;) .we probably will have one in the future,however it will be for different reasons.for one,the price will probably have dropped,second,there will be more games (currently,all I see are a bunch of sports games with…people with egg-heads :? ) .

being a huge fire emblem fan I cant help but feel uneasy about not playing the new one.but im used to waiting -_- (who isint?) .

0:) I don’t cheat (often) I understand that for now, there are pretty lame sports games (except for fishing, fishing is fun) so I will wait with you guys. The games I expect to play on the Wii are:
    Star Fox, Pikmin, TP (from the GCN), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (once they get around to that) whatever the Zelda game is out by then, and any future game that might possibly have my attention.

Let me just say one thing…

Wii has dominated. Any store selling both the system and TP is sold out of both within the first half hour. Although most of you may not be in awe… this is rather bad for those who are just trying out Zelda. Nobody gets a chance for anything fun anymore when it comes to buying video games. The fun comes in only when you play it directly.

I guess people are getting hurt playing the Wii :o .it is mainly the older,out of shape people but still.if the elderly cant play,or the out of shape for that matter,how is a whole family going to play (remember,its a family unit) ? they cant :? .there was an old lady on TV last night who got a Wii and was playing it with her nephew.guess she ended up at the hospital or something because of her nees.my point is,its a nice concept,with the whole family playing and all,but it just dosent make sence.like soda machines,its a good idea to have easy access to soda,but when you get the soda in explodes on you :P .and dont tell me they should just exercise more,cause not only would that be too much work just to play a game,its also not a real answer.see it wont help people with disabilities,you know,the ones that arent helped by/able to do exercises.maybe nintendo should change it from the Wii to the Yuu :D .

Jumanji Shishioh said:

I wonder what games they all have planed for the Wii.I hope they dont keep putting FE games on it,I want to see a Fe on the DS (that would be so cool) .I also wonder what units there going to stop making games for.

The Master Swordsman said:

Let me just say one thing…

Let’s be honest with ourselves here. Wii’s launch has dominated PS3’s launch. Whether or not it will have any longevity is subject to the tests of time.

yes indeed.rock on wii.

I was wondering,if an article is marked for spoilers,can you talk about spoilers from any part in TP or only the part being talked about?

Great Lord Ephraim said:

I’m much less stringent about spoilers in Spoiler-marked topics. However, please try to limit your spoilers to be in line with both the title of the topic and the severity level of the spoiler indicated in the topic.

Don’t worry though. I’m going to be putting up a massive spoiler topic soon for people to discuss.

….and how many times have you beaten TP,TML?

Please, put that up one or two weeks AFTER Christmas. Please, TML, please. That way, any super players (those who might beat any game in less than a week, or a day, depending upon the game) finish before the rest of us. I play to explore, and to be very thorough, so I can try to see if I can reach the 50-70 hour mark. BTW, how do you know how long you play a game?

Great Lord Ephraim said:

oh okay.see I was going to go in a minor spoiler article,but didnt out of fear of being…uh…major…spoiled :? ? anyways,I think ill just wait untill the end of time untill I win twilight princess before reading those though ;) .

master of windwaker said:

….and how many times have you beaten TP,TML?

Once. Unless you count that I’ve played the final boss three times on the same save file.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Don’t worry. That topic will be marked as Spoilers, and if you stick to the main page, you won’t see anything in it.

As far as timing is concerned, the game keeps track of it with a game clock in your save file.

Great Lord Ephraim said:

The Missing Link said:I will be honest with you. Have I personally been spoiled by going into a Tiny Spoilers topic? YES. Was it a big spoiler? No. It was one that I found out about two hours later into the game. Yes, read at your own risk. However, I do try to keep the severity and subject of all comments in line with the title.

I understand completely,its just that,well,lets just say that luck is never really on my side (either luck isint or misfortune is,one or the other :) ).I wouldnt be suprised if I did go into a small spoiler topic and that random post I often speak of popped up when I was there :P .I can handle waiting though,I mean…its been two and a half years,whats eight more days :D .

Life is good, Wii and TP come out this Friday and I have an entire week off work to enjoy them, it only took me a week to complete Kingdom Hearts 2 so I wonder how long TP will last.

BTW theres a “NEW” Street Fighter movie being made… it cant possibly be as bad as the last one… Can it?

is TP going to be released in small numbers for the GCN? I have heard alot about it,so much that im not sure whats what anymore :? .

Great Lord Ephraim said:

I doubt it, otherwise, there’ll be an army of people that will be ticked off at Ninty >_

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

thats strange,all ive heard from game stores around me is that nintendo wont let you preorder TP (which I think is still true *glares at nintendo* ),and that they are only going to get a few copies.I would think above else would cause people to go nuts :P .

Nintendo is letting us preorder TP in Australia, but only from EB Games. In fact, according to Aussie-Nintendo.com, TP will only be available at EB Games (it also says the release with be December 14th).

Pre-orders are usually controlled by stores though. Nintendo has no way of stopping stores from selling pre-orders.

As things are though, Nintendo has to release practically an exact right number of copies for the GCN; too many and they have far too much leftover stock. Too few, and they leave far too many people without the game, or alienated through forced upgrading to the Wii if they want the game.

DaMoose said:

guess ill have to move to australia :P (you guys dont speak a different language or anything,do you :) ? ).seriously though,I wonder if the people at the stores just dont know what there doing (thats not too uncommon is it? ).

actually, i received information from www.gamefaqs.com in their forums for tp that the tp is actually released on the 11th of dec. but it wont be supplied in stores until the 12th, or at the very latest, the 13th or 14th.

Jumanji Shishioh said:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

See I preordered TP for GCN like two years ago, so I’m covered. Too bad you can’t change it to a Wii preorder.

uberzeldamaster said:

Ew. I don’t like that :? . I can see my lonley little GameStop store in lonley little Iowa saying that they don’t have copies. Great. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ((((((

i didnt mean to dissapoint you, i just thought that everyone would want to know the gcn release date of tp for the u.s.

Sorry.

double post but, the only way the tp for gcn would be delayed that long is if they had a tsunami or hurricane over the pacific AND the atlantic (very unlikely).

uberzeldamaster said:

ill just have to be prepared then just incase! *grabs wind waker and sails away in boat*

forgive me for the double post,but it has been 4 days since my last post -_- .I finally got TP :D !only,does that glitch apply to the GCN version,too? I was a bit concerned about were and when I should save :? .

For anyone who has played both versions of TP: Is it true that the entire game has been mirrored? It would seem to me that it would be far more logical to mirror just the character model.

DaMoose said:

no, its only mirrored east and west, north and south remain the same.

Sage said:

“SUCKERS!”

one more thing, I AGREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! (throws mexican piniata party) SUCKERS!!!!!! 0.0 ‘_’ >_

Wow, I don’t believe it.
    I just don’t believe it. The most wanted Christmas present in my family is a Wii, and my family seems to take no notice to shopping for it in any way (that I know of…) because they’re afraid to not be able to find one. Lord, I’d be happier if they at least tried. Of course, Wii is not very common right now, but the five minutes I got to try it I loved it. Get one ASAP if you want one!

DaMoose said:

First off, yes, the entire game is mirrored.

Now as for why that it, in fact, it would be much harder to just mirror the character model. You may be surprised to know that, but think about it in these terms. For instance, you’ve got that horseback duel on the bridge with that boar-rider guy. Which side he rides on you will be dependent upon which arm you wave your sword with. If Link is right-handed, the enemy will be riding to Link’s (and the enemy’s) right; if left-handed, then both their lefts. This requires changes in the AI scripts for all of the characters so as to compensate their placement with regards to Link when they fight, and that can get quite hefty in terms of how much stuff actually has to get changed.

However, by flipping the entire word, I know that sounds tricky, but it’s actually a very simple computer graphics trick. I’m willing to put money on this, but I actually bet that the game engines behind both the Wii and GCN Zeldas “think” in the same logic; in other words, deep down, both games actually think that the world is identical and not mirror images of one another. The only difference then would be that the graphics engine of one of them adds a single minus sign to the x-component of the projection matrix to flip left and right around. Honestly, a single negative sign is all it takes to flip the world.

So do I blame Nintendo for taking the easy way out? Heck no. ;)

The Master Swordsman said:

Wow, I don’t believe it.

Ive got two, lol.

‘It’s no secret that American Politician Jack Thompson doesn’t like video games (at all) and he’s recently been caught airing his views on one of those US talk/news shows Nightline on December 13. And he wasted no time in getting straight to his point.

“I’m out to shut down Rockstar because they’re run by a bunch of sociopaths and they’re a one company crime wave,” he told US talk show Nightline in an interview you can check out on the wonder that is YouTube.

During a demo of his least favourite game GTA, Thompson explained that “you’re literally stomping someone into the pavement, and you can stomp them until there’s a pool of blood in the street of the person you’ve just killed.”

Excelent, while watching it I came accross this nugget: “No-one in their right mind says that a video game or a movie can turn a little angel into a demon” But wait! isnt that exactly what Jacks saying all the time? is he admiting that he’s nuttier than a fruitcake?

sounds like a gross game -_- (kinda like…uncut dragonball Z :? ).

were getting off topic peoplez. remeber, this is about the spoiler rule, and i heard… (du, du du dah duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!) spoilers. even though they arent real obvious -.-

uberzeldamaster said:

its not like any/everybodys spaming,just some posts here and there.its not like theres much to say in this kind of article anyways.and no matter how hard you try,you cant be on a zelda site without being spoiled,even if its only a little bit.

uberzeldamaster said:

Sorry about it being off-topic but that Jack Tompson guy really cracks me up, ive posted a few things that hes said in the past. I will try not to post these small articles in any places where it is COMPLETELY off topic but I figured that it was ok to put it here because there isnt a strict rule on subjects here.

im still wondering if the GCN version of twilight princess has that glitch in it.has anybody got hit by it yet while playing the game cube version?

what glitch? i never heard of a glitch. spoiler glitches i can handle!

to follow that post, i say…

GLITCHES!

[TML: Don’t stretch the ‘Blog. :P ]

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only glitch that ive found is that it keeps telling me how much 5 Rupees is worth.

i know -_-’ .anyways theres suposed to be some glitch where,if saved in the wrong area,you end up stuck in one room.I guess the only way to fix it is to actually restart the whole game :? .dosnt sound like a lot of fun…

Shadow Ninja Kakashi said:

Just dont save your game in any houses.

thats the glitch? laaaaaaaaaame. -_-’

Shadow Ninja Kakashi said:

Just dont save your game in any houses.

I guess that might work.but sometimes its hard to tell in from out (were talking zelda here ;) ).plus im not sure if you can save it in temples or not.

uberzeldamaster said:

thats the glitch? laaaaaaaaaame. -_-’

I wouldnt have been worried about it if it were a cool glitch :) .

seriously, its a lame glitch. i prefer a glitch like swordless link in oot…

uberzeldamaster said:

seriously, its a lame glitch. i prefer a glitch like swordless link in oot…

my favorite zelda glitch is the oni link glitch.my favorite glitch of all time is the mine trick in fire emblem 7 :P .

is that so…. i have no idea what that is. :p

OK guys, I know this has to be the most off topic thing in the world, but if any of you are avid 360ers and play Gears of War a lot, and you can’t get in a game online, nobody can. The Gears server is down and nobody knows why oe when it may come back up.

But you’d think I’m playing TP right about now, wouldn’t you? Well there’s a story to that…

I was supposed to get a Wii for Christmas. I was not on a list though. Silly me. My mom stood outside our mall where my local Gamestop is at, and at oh what time… 5:30 AM WHEN THE MALL OPENED AT 8:00! Such a loyal mom… :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Kudos to her!

So she’s waiting there and there’s a couple guys out there that camped out all night long. You know the deal, the tents, the grills, the coolers, the radios and iPods, and all that stuffs. She passed the time by talking to them about things and waited… waited… waited…

Then boom. All of a sudden she sees all these people walking around the mall. She was like *WTF*, you know?? The other guys were saying the same thing. Oh, did I forget to mention this? Oh boy!

My mom and those guys were standing ouside the mall, right? Well, they were standing at a different set of doors, not the front doors. Our mall’s policy is that early shoppers have to enter via the doors to the food court. Don’t ask me why. But they were actually standing in front of the correct doors. So it sounds like everthing should have went out OK, right?

Well get this. At the front doors, people line up to enter as “mall walkers”. You know, like the old ladies that walk laps around the mall and then stop at a store every twenty minuets or so? Well they get to go into the mall fifteen minuets earlier than what the mall opens. So those sneaky little *you know whats* ran down to the Gamestop to get their kiddies and grandkiddies their video game systems before they should be legally inside the store.

So here comes the fat security guard, moping down towards the food court doors. Oh and by the way, my Gamestop is right next to the food court. He unlocks the doors and is like “Well what are you guys doing out here?” DUH!!! >:-(

So she runs and runs and runs into the Gamestop and sees ten people in front of her. Darn (you know what I want to say ;) ). The line moves more and more and then the guy behind the counter that I actually know says that they are all out of Wiis. My mom is fourth in line.

Then the people in front of her all walk up to the counter and demand that they be put on a list. So the guy is like “OK! OK! OK! OK! I will!” And I’m fourth on the list and he expects a shippment of five or more Wiis to arrive by the end of Christmas break.

That was a mouthfull and I’m waiting to this very second.