Twilight Princess Box Art Confirmed

October 18th, 2006 at 6:21 pm by Archaic Sage

After many weeks of sites guessing what the boxart will be, and after multiple Official Box Arts announced through IGN and alike, we’ve finally been given our official box art for the United States. It’s really not that much different from what we had expected before to be honest. We’ve got both the Wii and the Gamecube version of this game available to us now!

Gamecube Version:

Click to enlarge
Wii Version:

Click to enlarge

My thoughts? Mediocre. But that’s probably because I always expect more and they could’ve at least given us some new pictures!

Source: Rauru’s Return

Filed under Twilight Princess, News, Announcements

Follow This Entry | Read Other Posts by Archaic Sage

29 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Twilight Princess Box Art Confirmed”

Comments

Yeah, it’s kinda a letdown with the old image and everything, but I’m still in love with that picture. It’s a good reflection of the mood of Twilight Princess (from what we’ve seen so far). Plus, it has the Triforce Phoenix. ^___^

And w00t, first post!

the wii one looks ugly :P

Mhm, the Wii one is inferior to the GC picture, I don’t see why they had to fade it out so much. I can’t say this box art has that ‘OMGZELDA’ hit-you-in-the-face look that games such as WW had.

its…boring.wow.I sure hope the game is better :P .

1. The Wii one is faded. What?!?! They are the same game, not like with Pokémon Red and Blue, say.
    2. I like the streamlined Wii bar at the top of the package.
    3. Seriously, why don’t the wolf and Hylian heads line up? I think it looks tacky.
    5. What’s with the cheesy little phoenix in the middle?
    6. Why should I care about this game?
    7. This is Nintendo. They lie.

To summarize, this looks like work from Paint. Maybe Photoshop 1.0 beta 1.

Yeah… I dont like the Wii one…. its too faded…
    Like Scorpia said, I like the heads merged…
    The pheonix can stay though… It’s part of the Zeldaness.

Whatever. I’ll wait to see the real one.

Well, we have to admit that I don’t have much of a problem with it… but there’s one thing that bother’s me a little: why would they use an image released so long ago as the box art? I mean, that’s not exactly good merchandising tactics.

• 9. jrz says:

will there be a collecters edition box

i was hoping there would be a different cover then that but this ones ok but they could do better

I quite like it but I am 100% certain that this wont be the box art for the UK and the rest of Europe, its always different in the US,EU and the rest of the world.

Although what Robert said is probably true, I like these. And, no matter what anybody says, I like the faded part, it’s just cool. Can’t see what all the fuss is about. I like it. And what’s so bad about the faded part? But, I hope these will be used in EU, too. I like it!

Hmm. I like both of them, except the fade between the GC version and the Wii version makes no sense to me.

Maybe they did it because the Wii version will be darker in plot or graphics than the GC version? It would be like Nintendo to slip in a little something extra to the next-gen version to entice next-gen sales.

your lucky then :P .

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:

And what’s so bad about the faded part?

I find it a bit cheap looking.besides,it dosnt really add anything to it,just makes it harder to see,if not a little dull.

Nevira Shadowfire said:

its possible,however I think they would have changed it a bit if thats what they were trying to do.

I’m a great fan of artwork and this… is just cheap. I expected something different…

Wow, that’s really…boring. And not entirely what I would expect. Because, even if they didn’t want to introduce a new idea, they could have revamped it or something.

Nevira Shadowfire said:

Unlikely, because if they wanted to boost sales, they would have most likely advertsied it. Although, the Wii graphics will probably be better.

not to mention that the controller acts like a sword!!!

Sunrise Queen said:

Nevira Shadowfire said:

Zelda’s box art has never been too spectacular in my opinion. I mean, the sword and shield logos are classic, but nothing that was too amazing. That being said, it seems like they could have done a lot better. Not that it matters too much. Once I’m playing the game, I’m not going to care what the box looks like.

Hmm… I think my idea for a box art would’ve been better. It’s different, but it still kind of shows the connection between Hero and Wolf

t_mo_therapy said:

I agree with you on both parts, it’s got more to it than most others do. WW has like nothing on it.

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:

I like it too. I don’t really see what the big deal with box art is anyway, its not like your gonna get it framed, its just to keep the disc safe.

I disagree. The box art also grabs potential buyers as they cruse around their local GameStop casting their fat, rich, spoiled brat glances to decide wich sport game or FPS to buy next. (No respect for RPGs, I’m telling you, in my day gamers…)

But seriously, which would you buy if you saw it at a glance, Katamari Damaci, or a GBA Final Fantasy?

I like the Game Cube Cover Better. Its Shinier.

Windmill Man said:

that depends on what FF it is :P .plus I dont know what the other game is.

Windmill Man said:

GBA FF :D i always thought the covers were interesting

I think they’re weird and well, weird… and white. I like both boxes just fine. The faded thing makes it look more
    “Twilight”-ish.

• 26. Muse says:

Man, am I the only one who went, “YAY! It’s looks so cool!” *drool* Bah, it must be ’cause I’m excited for the game. Come out already! *shakes a fist*

Yeah, I really wasn’t sure what to expect. Well, que sera sera.

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Muse said:

Yeah, I really wasn’t sure what to expect. Well, que sera sera.

Yes you are, though I almost did the same thing. I just skipped the drool part.

“Twilight”-ish.

I have to disagree. Ever since the whole “Over-saturated color” of the new Twilight Realm, I thought it should be ever more colorful.