A Different Kind of Evil

October 16th, 2006 at 11:46 pm by The Missing Link

Since we happen to be on the subject of famous villains in Zeldadom, I figured I would tell you about this press release I was alerted to today.

You might remember Fierce Deity figurine that the company First 4 Figures came out with a few months back. Well, we’ll just say that Oni Link now has a friend to play with.

Say hello to your worst nightmare: the Mask of Majora.

The Skull Kid with Majora’s Mask is the second figurine in their Legend of Zelda collection. With a little help from his stump, his formidable nine-inch (22.9-cm) figure strikes fear into the likes of heroes everywhere (that is, unless they themselves are wearing some Evil Oni Mask of Doom!). This hand-painted, hand-crafted work of pure demonic evil can be yours for a mere US$99.99 this coming winter 2007. Collectors of Zelda paraphernalia can reserve their statue today at www.first4figures.com.

Filed under News, Majora's Mask

27 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “A Different Kind of Evil”

Comments

Sexy. Love the detail.

Not quite as nice as Fierce Diety/Oni Link but its still damn cool.

Oooooh, Majora’s Mask…*shudders* Bad, bad memories of fighting that little nasty…

Anyways…Wow! I’m amazed at how much detail they can get out of those things! Yay for detailed EVIL!

i really like the red/green colors. i am not sure about skull kid’s head being completely black though ?

I like it.

I also kind of wish they’d also make regular action-figures or something…stuff that doesn’t cost 100$ a pop to buy (ouch!).

I agree with the sentiment towards the black head. It cheapens the figurine for me. I think it would have been cool if the mask was slightly detachable, or at least made so you could see his face behind his mask.

that looks really fresh and clean, almost like its real

It’s really cool and detailed and stuff…but isn’t the hand a bit close? I mean, it’s literally touching it’s eye! Or at least the mask’s eye…other than that, it’s a really great thing!

Aaaa!!! It will be mine!! I wonder who’s next in the figurine list?

I like it, but is it just me or does it look somewhat “cheaper” than Oni Link? This one looks really plastic, and not in a good way.

I hate skull kid.hes an anoying little jerk.naturally im not impressed with this (not that I hate it,I just dont feel the need to own it) .and as has been mentioned above,he looks a bit cheaper than the oni link statue.kind of wierd :? .

Muse said:

for a more riged fair fight put on the oni link mask.I laugh every time I fight him :D .

When I fight Majora’s Mask I get loads of Blue Potions and a Cheateau Romani and let him whip me and throw me around the room, its so funny.

Like the poster above said, we need some alternative models for those of us that don’t crap money. I have an OoT Link on Epona, and I don’t see why they can’t release something more like that or perhaps somewhere in the range of £20-30. Collectibles are just too damn expensive these days.

ehh… not impressed. I like the Oni one better. This one looks plasticky.

Duuuuuude. Majora’s Mask was my favorite Zelda. That’s cool. But… 100 bucks?

shadowknight said:

ehh… not impressed. I like the Oni one better. This one looks plasticky.

Gotta agree. The Oni-Link figurine doesn’t look as plastic-like as this one. Still cool, I might add. I’m afraid if I get it though, I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and see it staring back at me in my room. I used to get nightmares from Mr. Skullkid.

[TML: Don’t stretch the page like that. It’s completely unnecessary to get your point across.]

we need oot Figures now!

heh wow 313 !’s :D .

its only a matter of time before they start making tingle statues by the way ;) .

Great Lord Ephraim said:

May that day never happen!

shadowknight said:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

May that day never happen!

May it happen, And I will laugh in your faces!
    A Tingle statue would be pretty cool. They could make it HUGE, and you could scare people who come into your house. (With these prices, it would end up costing a million dollars, though.)

Windmill Man said:

shadowknight said:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

May that day never happen!

May it happen, And I will laugh in your faces!

I could use it for archery target practice :)

king said:
    we need oot Figures now!

They do have OOT action figures if you look hard enough on EBay for them.

• 22. Sage says:

Great Lord Ephraim said:

I want to see giant inflatable tingle! and then I want to sneak into TML’s room at night and inflate it while he’s sleeping.. and tape the reaction when he wakes up to a giant tingle in his room. XD

• 23. jrz says:

99$!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

For a hand-painted anything its gonna be expensive. Doing things in that detail takes mucho time and experience. $99 for something like that is CHEAP!

Awesome!

*crys* I still can’t get the Oni figure! ….Also, when I saw this update I was sort of hoping that He might be the main bad guy in Twilight Princess…..but, hey, who knows? Mayeb since Dark link has been so abused in recent games *cough, cough* (Fourswords)*cough, cough* Perhaps they might throw Oni Link in TP for some unknown reason… *sigh* I can only dream.

$99 for something like that is CHEAP!

Oh, the irony…