New Zelda Game Announced!

June 9th, 2006 at 10:11 pm by The Missing Link

But it’s not what you think.

Yes, indeed. It’s Monopoly: Nintendo Collector’s Edition, brought to you by Parker Brothers. Though, of course, Mario steals the spotlight in the show (Luigi really needs to teach him a lesson or 64), the portly plumber has at least had the courtesy of inviting along Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf to this party.

As shown in the promo pictures at Joystiq, Ganondorf and Zelda are hanging out on Pacific and North Carolina Avenues, waiting for the buying. (Wait!! I have the chance to purchase Zelda for my very own? My inner fanboy tingles…) While we cannot say for sure, Link is presumably hanging out just south(?) of them at Pennsylvania Avenue; we do know for certain, however, that our hero has donated some of his weaponry and articles of clothing–don’t get your hopes up, ladies; it’s just his boots–as pieces to go ’round the board.

The game will be released next month and will run for a whopping US$36. (For you Canuckians, that’s CDN$40.)

Filed under Games, News, Nintendo

35 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “New Zelda Game Announced!”

Comments

…that title was just plain cruel. :(

I may already have the “.com” Edition with all the computer-shaped pieces and stuff….. but I am SO buying this game!!

*Clicks ‘Canuckians’* Good laugh. Gotta get a piece of this game.

Is this real…. man I WANT it, I hope it gets released in the UK.

I’m SO getting this off EBay

I am soooo going to KB toys!

Robert not a whole things get released in Europe but Japan, the USA, and the UK are normally the first people to get the things…………….. KB? who goes there? i go to game stop. The one in town has anything you want based off of Zelda. Sorry if im hurting your guys feelings but tetra its true.

Frickin’ sweet.

zelda_rock said:

But GameSpot will likely not carry an actual board game.

Hyrule better be Bordwalk.

No its probley a toliet (inside plummer joke).

Hyrule better be Bordwalk.

Mario is Boardwalk.

W.A.M. You mean the characters are the properties?! How stupid. What are the game peices? Hyrule castle! Dream Land? Yoshi’s Island? Corneria? Termina? Zebes? Talon IV?

DK’s Barrel. Dumb. Koopa Shell. Dumber. Hylian Shield. Awesome. The Iron boots are kinda wierd. I think the NES controller was awesome though. they shoulda had samus’s helmet instead of marios hat.

looks cool.what are the properties though? are they characters or places?

ooooh my. Next target for Shadowknight: Nintendo Monopoly!!
    *I raid the store and give out free copies to everyone at zeldablog*

Great Lord Ephraim said:

looks cool.what are the properties though? are they characters or places?

They’re probably both. Mario is boardwalk.

Great Lord Ephraim said:

looks cool.what are the properties though? are they characters or places?

If you went to the site I linked, you’d easily find out.

Man, this is cool news!

I saw some detail pics of this over at ZHQ2 and I have to say I’m not impressed. There is nothing new here. Same old artwork and the other squares of monopoly (the ones which aren’t property) are just the same as ever - surely some creative spark could have come up with a ninty orientated theme on that one? It just looks like a lazy attempt at design, something thought of in about five minutes and then whipped up in the same time frame.

I wonder what the cards read like, lets hope they’re more creative than the board itself…

LJinx said:

You hav ea fire flower. You can now burn your way out of bowsers dungeon for free.

Its mine! I’m getting it first chance I get! Haha! But out of all the Items Link has in that mysterious satchel behing his back, WHY his boots?

What! Why isn’t Link Boardwalk? He’s so much cooler! I don’t care if Mario came first.

…so you buy the characters? heh,so much for “properties”.I agree with LJinx in that there could have been a little more creativity put in to the rest of the board.which reminds me…why would you get money if someone lands on your “properties” :D ?

Great Lord Ephraim said:

you sue for copyright infringement

The characters are property. Toad, Zelda, Ganon, Mario, Samus, Waluigi….what do you think!?
    I find it hilarious that Waluigi is the cheapest property. And Luigi better be Park Place.

Hi no Seijin said:

Link is not cooler, man. He has a sword and shield. So? Two words: NO PANTS. : D
    Link will be in the green section of Monopoly, for Luigi will most definetely occupy Park Place.

Can Link throw balls of fire, no sir’e m’lud only mario can do that, can Epona eat Links enemies the answer is again no only Yoshi can do that and do you know who rides him… yes its’a him Mario.

BTW is there any news yet on whether Yoshi will be in Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World is still my fave Mario game and I just want the little Dinosaur/Dragon back,lol

Link didn’t wear pants in one or two games. Big deal. TWW, TMC, FS, FSA, TP. He’s wearing pants in all of them.

Getting back to the Monopoly game, I like the Hylian Shield token you can move around the board. I know which piece I’m always going to use.

Seeing as how Nintendo has made a game where you play as Princess Peach and you have to save Mario do you think that they will make a game where you play as Zelda and you have to save Link?

ha i hope not, but wouldnt it be funny if that was the “zelda games will never be the same thing they said” haha actualy not funny :D

…I’m buying this!!!

thay probably just put mario there because,exept for wario and waluigi,hes the only one who has an obvious match (and I dont see wario and waluigi being there :P ).besides,I always land on the area link is on (sorry,cant remember what there called) and end up missing boardwalk (or I hit both and loose cause they all have hotels,but you get the point :( ).

Hi no Seijin said:

Nintendo and Parker Brothers could come out with separate editions of Monopoly for each Nintendo game (or franchise, if that’s what you want to use). For example, a Legend of Zelda Monopoly. That way, characters can get the spaces they deserve.

Haha. When I saw that title, I thought it was about the new Harvest Moon/Zelda game for mobile phones coming out soon. I saw that on EDN. I hate monopoly, but maybe I’ll try this out just for the heck of it. :)