No, he’s not dead [updated]

June 8th, 2006 at 10:51 am by Masamune

You may have wished it, but you utterly failed at it. Tingle RPG is not dead, it LIVES! Famitsu recently had another article on it, which you can see a scan of here. According to 4 color rebellion, the title roughly translates to “Freshly-picked Tingle’s Pink-coloured Rupee Land”. Best name ever? Pretty much.

The game seems to feature some new wacky characters. Like a busty woman dressed up like Tingle. A crazy rupee headed dude on a cloud. Oh, and Tingle outside his costume!? And look at that picture with Tingle surrounded by beautiful Hylian babes. That’s our boy. I can’t read Japanese, but that scan has 2006 on it, so it may be safe to assume a 2006 release for this game in Japan.

Some more information from EuroGamer. You play as Tingle just as he turns 35 and before he dons the ‘Tingle’ persona. You’re guided in the game by Rupeeji (Old Man Rupee) to collect as many rupees as possible and dump them into a spring. You’ll also receive help from Pingle (likely the ‘Tingle Babe’ in the scan), a fairy shown on Tingle’s TV inside his house. Progressing through the game will forceyou to spare your beloved rupees to keep other people happy or pay toll ways on bridges. The game is due for release in Japan later this year.

Filed under News, Tingle RPG

Follow This Entry | Leave a Response

63 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “No, he’s not dead [updated]”

Comments

… yes, my analysis was hardly professional, but I’m too excited by this game. Twilight Who? Phantom What? Give me Tingle RPG, Nintendo.

Tingle… RPG…. *Throws up* This is going to be Legend of Zelda’s Downfall!!!!!!!1one. I hope this game will never make it to europe (Yes I am from europe got a problem with that).

So you’d deprive thousands of Tingle fans of a game you don’t even have to buy because you don’t like Wario-esque bizzare humor and gameplay?

Oh my god, why… why, WHY *falls to his knees and shakes his fists at the sky while crying like a baby* you maniacs, you let him out, you let him loose, damn you all to hell. *Pulls out a sword and commits suicide Smurai style*.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

mohahahahahahahahaha

Dr.H.Hero: *zaps Robert back to life, Frankenstein style* Wake up, I need Doctors R.UK, and M.Warrior, now, we must protect America from this, dare I say it, the worst Zelda Game ever thought of (worse than the CD-i games) LET GO GO GO!
    HH: *sips on tea* Man, they always go to extremes, I’ll just zap the games into another dimension, where Tingle is revered, and their blog is TingleBlog.

Something in me just died inside. An irrecoverable part of my essence has been lost to the void that is now “Tingle RPG”.

LOST I tell you!

I bet I know who that woman that dresses up like Tingle is …she is Tingle’s mom! And folks, listen to me about this, this game is not canon. No game can be a true Zelda game without Link and some fair maiden (most of the time, Zelda, once it was Marin) so it’s more like, a thing for Tingle fans, so don’t despare, but don’t be happy about it, either.

It’s canon.

MW: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WHY!!!
    Dr.MW: Shut up already!*Tries to knock MW out with a bat but due to MW’s diamond hard head the bat breaks*
    MW: Oww, what you do that for? Now, where was I… Oh yeah, *NAVI* YOU TINGLE!!!!!

That woman in the corner looks…

frightening.

so it wasint just a mix up with PH .well it doesent really look like it could be called a “zelda type game” (actualy…it looks more like a mario game) it could very well be the start of a new type! how does “the legend of tingle” sound to you :P ?

Masamune said:

It’s canon.

The *Navi* its canon. How can it be canon if all it appears to be is a spin-off the current series?

Masamune said:

It’s canon.

HH: 0_0; *heart stops*
    Dr.H.Hero: Uh-oh, if he dies-*turns into dust*
    Navi: Hey, someone needs to dust this place, it’s filthy of HH and Tingle dust. Dr.M.Warrior, please fix this mess, Dr.R.UK may mess HH and his clone up.
    HH: *dust fuses with HH’s body, and HH is revived* Ah, do not worry, it’s a fail-safe I installed into my own DNA before I was cloned, to absorb nearby dust or other particles,to come back to life, unfortunatly I fused with my own clone, so for the rest of this comment I will act like this. Hopefully, the…”Freshly-picked Tingle’s Pink-coloured Rupee Land” will never reach the stores of America, because if they do, I’ll never touch a Nintendo DS…EVER! And I still think that the weird woman is Tingle’s mom, either that or his fan *shudders*

Darth Citrus said:

How can it NOT be canon when for all intents and purposes it takes place in Hyrule, features Zelda characters, and doesn’t say anything like “It’s not canon”. It’s no less a Zelda game than Luigi’s Mansion is a Mario game.

The only canon that this game gets will be what happens when I put it into a cannon.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA! ^_! Funny. I went to the forums, and they think that the creepy female is Link. I think they’re needing a new brain, I don’t see how it looks like Link, do you guys? What I do ee something interesting are the girls around Tingle, because the purple haired one looks like Zelda (by the hair style) but I can’t figure out the blonde. Maybe that blonde’s from Chrono or something? I’m thinking that this new game maybe like Monopoly, where later, Tingle gets rich (ripping off the Hero no doubt) so it may figure the weirder things in the game, except for Ruppee-Head Man.

For all you tingle haters, here’s a little advice:Tingle was actually a normal man but he got transformed into Tingle because of the rupee headed man (I figured that out when I read some text in there). So, actually, it’s the rupee headed mans fault that he is as he is today. P.S. Wario rules (you can try to figure the meaning of that sentence by yourself(Here’s a hint:Masamunes’ reply to Masamunes’ article holds a secret…)).

*Puts hands on ears*

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

I can’t hear you!

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala……

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:

Tingle was actually a normal man but he got transformed into Tingle because of the rupee headed man.

WHAT! Curses to the old crazy ruppee-headed one. MAD SCIENTISTS, UNITE! Hey wait? Let’s see, Tingle was a normal child, but some Old Guy turned him into some tight-wearin’, theivin’, underwear outside, crazy man, WITH WHAT?!? Tingle was interested in fairies and taught by his Terminian father cartography, and became heavily obsessed with fairies, first, he wanted a fairy, then he wants to be a fairy, I AM CONFUSED! Hey Masa, TML, DC, anyone, clear my mind before it explodes into confetti.

• 22. Vaa says:

This game looks trippy.

Mad props to EAD (I’m assuming they’re in charge of this?) for coming up with fresh ideas without directly breaking the Zelda mold.

And yes, it very much is canon.

Hey all, I’m new to Zelda Blog. So I see that theres going to be Tingle RPG. Well… I don’t know what to say.

Damn, what’s wrong with (most of) you?!
    You should be glad actually that Nintendo develops a game with Tingle and does not put LINK into it! So this time around, WE will be the ones that disturb the neighbourhood …But what do I say, most likely it will be for Japan only :(

Hate to say it, but it’s canon alright.

You know what, I bet we all still buy it, lol.

*Looks at calendar*

*Flips pages all over the place*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    IT HAS TO BE APRIL 1ST!!!!
    ITS NOT TRUE!!! PLEASE MAKE IT BE NOT TRUE!!!! MASAMUNE!!! WHAT FOUL TRICKERY IS THIS THAT THOU HAST BESTOWED UPON THE LAND OF THE EARTH?!!!!! WHO HATH FREED THIS FOUL BEAST FROM HIS IMPRISONMENT?!!!!!!!!! SEND HIM BACK TO HELL!!!!!!!

I guess will have to wait untill theres a little more information before were able to tell if its canon or not.for all we know it could be zeldas answer to mario party :P .if its just a bunch of mini-games (which would be fun :D ) I would guess it would be unrelated to the other zelda games.

Great Lord Ephraim said:

If your wrong, which you probably are, its hate mail time.

It’s an RPG. Chances are it’s going to have a coherent (if not trippy) story. Being a collection of mini-games is rather unlikely.

Its hate mail time.

OMGWTF!!!!!! I never thought I’d see the day when Tingle would have his own video game! I’ll probably end up buying it anyways, but, Damn you, Tingle, Damn you!!

Tingle is in no way my favorite Zelda character. But it might be interesting to see the world from his point of view. I’m willing to give it a chance before I burn it.

So, I would have to include this game in my continuity theory, huh?

well it was just an idea :D .

Canon or not, Nintendo has never developed a worse idea than this. Tingle is America’s least favorite character - there is nothing appealing out the ugly, deformed and annoying creature. I prayed that this was a joke, but those guys at Nintendo…you never know with them.

Tingle was just the worst choice possible.

That’s why Nintendo picked it, I think.

*Still screaming while Dr.MW is trying to knock me out*
    Dr.MW: If this game is canon it’s more likly going to be WW’s prequel.*I stop screaming* You finally stopped!
    MW: Tingle, you *NAVI*! *Dr.MW disintegrates*

“I actually like the idea of a Zelda game where Link is not the main character. A totally new character (even a female) that gets involved with the Zelda world would be pretty cool, in my opinion.”

See, that’s where you and I differ. I would HATE to see a game where you played as Zelda and go around Hyrule to kill Ganon. It would just be out of place and gimicky. What would be the purpose? Could a game do anything new or fun with Zelda that they couldn’t do with Link?

However, a game such as this set in the Zelda Universe but not directly interacting with the established plot line (atleast not majorly) is pefectly fine by me — even refreshing.

Damn that sounds like fun. I wanna play it. XD

it could still be an rpg and be based around mini-games.it just depends on how nintendo puts it together.its just the only way I see it making sence…or at least being playable.I cant see tingle fighting his way through monster infested dungeons just for a few rupees (well,it sounds like something he would do but it doesent sound like it would make for a good game :) ).

Masamune said:

That Tingle lady is hot. :)

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that there’s some Japanese tongue-in-cheek cultural joke to Tingle that us Western fans just don’t get?

That aside, Freshly-picked Tingle’s Pink-coloured Rupee Land (go on, try to say that with a straight face) looks like it has the potential to be a highly amusing game. Can’t wait to hear more =D

What Nintendo needs to realize is that no one finds this ‘cute’. I don’t care how innovative they make it; it’s going to die like Four Swords Adventure did.

And if anyone calls a connection between people groaning about this game and the widespread dismay at cel-shaded Zelda is going to get a Megaton Hammer in the face. ~__^

Hi no Seijin dont burn it, if you do then the evil will be released, we just have to find a way to get every copy of this game transported to the center of Chernobyl in Russia where it will remain untouched for a million years untill the Human Race is dead and it is discovered by Aliens, lol.

I know most people don’t like Tingle, but I think he’s a fascinating character! I mean, really, what’s not to like about him? He’s a 35 year old man who chases fairies! HE’S A FREAK, AND HE’S INTERESTING.

If this gets released in English, I’ll get it. If it doesn’t, I’ll get it anyway.

Well, well, well. This may be the downfall of LoZ as we know it. Or it could skyrocket because they make Tingle cool (highly unlikley, I know, but we’re talking about Tingle here). No matter what, I’m buying it because, like everyone else here, I’m a Zelda freak.

This looks bad… I know each Zelda game is unique in it’s own sense and has it’s own special quirk about it, but this… geez. Tingle was okay in Majora’s Mask. I actually didn’t mind him. But in Wind Waker and Minish Cap I got really tired of him. Now there’s a whole game devoted to him? It looks so stupid… I hate Tingle.

We should start a online club for Zelda fans that dispise Tingle. The Tingle-haters club!XD That club will have millions of members! LOL

*Steps forward reaaaaaaaaaally slowly* I like Tingle *Takes cover immediatly and prays to God that all the stupid people that don´t like Tingle won’t kill him*

Oh well you never know do you, maybe it will be weird but fun like the Wario Ware games.

BTW YOU… LIKE… TINGLE ZELDAFAN!n_n, KILL THE HEATHEN.

M Warrior said:

Try The Desert Colossus. One of the threads on the forum has such a club.

It’s not so much that I hate Tingle; it’s just that he weirds me out. And it looks kind of fun to hit him with the Megaton Hammer. Kind of like Navi.

ZELDAFAN!n_n said:

Oh we can’t kill him. He’s nintendo’s property. but we can sal him away again. Or try. It’ll be a lot harder now that he has a game of his own to hide in.

Ok heres my theory on how Tingle got from Termina in Link OoT’s time to the future world of Link’ WW time-

Tingle managed to hitch a ride to Hyrule by telling Link that only he could open the door in the Clocktower *which was a lie*, he then stayed with the Kokiri for a while untill they threw him out and banished him for all time, they then banished Link for bringing him to the village. After many years of causing chaos throughout Hyrule Tingle was placed into the Castles Dungeon and Link decided to leave Hyrule untill the people forgave him. After Link left Ganondorf escaped from his prison and Tingle escaped from the Dungeon in the ensuing chaos and when the Goddesses had the people evacuate to the highest mountains they made sure that Tingle and Ganondorf were the only ones left within Hyrule when they froze it. After a few centuries Ganondorf managed to escape from his prision and Tingle again hitched a ride by telling Ganondorf that only he could open the seal *again another lie* he then made his way to Windfall Island where the townspeople had terrifying stories about him and he was immediately put in jail where he was then released by Link, HUZAH.

Actually, I ment kill me, not Tingle……But there’s something scary about Robert-UK……I’m scared! Please don’t track down where this comment was written and then kill me! Pleeeeeaaaaaase! (But I still like Tingle MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Bars all doors and windows and hopes nobody drops a bomb on the house*

Bars and walls dont stop Samus Aran. If we pay her enough, she’ll kill you for consorting with the third worst evil on her list, which is formed like this: 1. Metroids 2. Space Pirates 3. Tingle
    She’ll kill you, and your little dog too. WAHHAHAHAHHA.

Vaa said:

The second part is EXACTLY what I meant, sorry if it sounded confusing ^^;. I don’t think I would want to play a game where the main character was Zelda that much, either.

nor would i

childofthemoor said:I don’t think I would want to play a game where the main character was Zelda that much, either.

You know I dont think Nintendo will ever get rid of Tingle, hes here to stay and we had better ger used to it.

BTW Hahahahaha how exactly am I scary ZELDAFAN!n_n?

• 58. EA says:

I want to play this game like you wouldn’t believe. With the title Freshly-picked Tingle’s Pink-coloured Rupee Land, you simply can’t go wrong.

EA said:

I also want to play it! The origins of Tingle……It’s so exciting!

Oh, and Robert-UK, I’m not really scared at all! After all: “Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me (or, in this case, words)” But, why would you be scary? there’s nothing scary about you!

I hate Tingle’s weirdness. He stole it from superheroes. Only superheroes wear their underwear on the outside. XD

If Tingle can pull this game off, I’ll give him a second chance. If not, he burns.

Now known as Japan as Mogitate Tingle Bara Iro Rupee Land, which apparently translates roughly to Fresh Tingle’s Rose Colored Rupee Land, you’ll play Tingle from his humble beginnings as a normal man. Shortly after the game starts, you’ll meet up with Rupeeji who tasks you with collecting all the rupees in Hyrule.

On accepting the quest, you’re transformed into the Tingle we all know and love - or want to beat to death with a sledgehammer - and must embark on an adventure involving lots and lots of money. It seems you’ll need money for all sorts of things, including making other characters very happy. Other than the fact you’re accompanied by a girl fairy called Pingle, not much more is known about the game at this point.

However, Fresh Tingle’s Rose Colored Rupee Land (which I really, really hope Nintendo doesn’t rename when the game arrives over here) is currently scheduled for release later this year, so more details should follow swiftly.

( I am crazy to come to this post to comment it, but I need to say something about the little demon *hisses**beats self with an aluminum bat* Ok, I’m good, and toothless) From what it sounds like, the evil ittle Pingle and her father, Ruppeeji (assumtions people) are the cause of Tingle being one of the most hated people in the Zelda-verse. Why Ruppee Land? Sounds like these two sickos tricked Tingle into bringing them money so they can send him to some place that is probably some dark alley or a dump in the middle of a polluted lake or something. Now I cannot decide whether Tingle deserves a-a-a *beats self some more* a second chance *thunder booms* I’ll have to ponder this, and when this subject gets real old, I’ll post my assumption of whether Tingle gets that chance or not. Hold on, Robert, I thought you were terrified of Tingle. Anyways, what do you guys think of this?

You know if this game sells well they might make one for the Wii, lol.

BTW Hyrulian Hero as long as Tingle isnt wearing his skin tight, lycra greea outfit I can remain calm.