ZeldaBlog

Countdown to E3

May 1st, 2006 at 7:11 pm by The Missing Link

[UPDATE: Added webmasters to the list of who will be attending E3.]

It’s about that time, my friends. E3 is nigh upon us, only a week away. Next Monday, Microsoft and Sony will be unveiling their plans for the next year, and Square and Nintendo will follow suit Tuesday. This will be followed, of course, by a three-day fury of hands-on reviews, revealing interviews, and video montages of all your favourite consoles and games across the Internet. Every website on the planet that covers video games will be posting updates. For those of you who are veterans with E3, it’ll be a lot of fun; for those of you new this year, well… it’ll still be a lot of fun, but you’ll be winded after the week!

While I’m not heading off to LA for the big event out west, I’m hoping to stay home from work next Tuesday and do a live-blog (or however much of a live-blog I can do) here at ZeldaBlog. Should the unthinkable happen and the ‘Blog go down from the number of hits (gosh, I hope not), I’ll abandon ship and update over at The Grand Adventures. (Flexibility is the name of the game!)

There will be several Zelda webmasters live on the scene next week in LA. Webmasters that are will be reporting live from LA are:

  1. TSA from The Hylia
  2. Goddess Rinoa from Zelda-Infinite
  3. Mighty Dekunut from Land of the Legend
  4. Lord of Shadow from Zelda Legends
  5. Melora from History of Hyrule

(Webmasters, if I’ve missed you, please E-mail me and I’ll add you to the list.)

Now even then, the major news outlets such as IGN, GameSpot, Joystiq, and 1up should be on your list to check out. They’ll have tons of staff on scene to report as well as staff at home to write articles and post media, although they most certainly won’t be sharing the local community’s enthusiasm! (Or so the story goes, right?!)

However, since there will be so much happening, you’re libel to waste hours on reading each article completely through. As such, in order to save time, I recommend using a feed aggregator. For those of you who don’t know what a feed aggregator is, most websites these days produce “feeds”, which are essentially the headlines of all their articles along with a short summary of the articles. Aggregators will take in feeds from multiple sites and give you a listing of all the headlines from a variety of sources. This way, you can easily weed through all of the articles you don’t want to read while catching all of the ones you do want to read.

Now because I’m a nice guy (actually, it’s because I want to stay up to date while I’m at work!), I’ve already done a good bit of the homework and started to pull together many of the feeds from various sites. If you have an aggregator of your own, you’ll find below feeds that I’ve assembled from several sites so you can stay up to date. (Just add the Atom links below.) If you don’t have an aggregator (or can’t figure out how to make one), don’t worry! The service I’m using, Google Reader, allows you to see my feeds on the web. (You’ll want the HTML links below.)

All of the feeds below are aggregated from IGN, GameSpot, 1up, and Joystiq unless otherwise mentioned. (Just so you don’t double-include a source somewhere!)

Companies (Each of these feeds combines all news from all platforms pertaining to the company)
Microsoft: (HTML) (Atom)
Nintendo: (HTML) (Atom)
Sony: (HTML) (Atom)

Systems - Nintendo
DS: (HTML) (Atom)
GBA: (HTML) (Atom)
GameCube: (HTML) (Atom)
Wii: (HTML) (Atom)

Systems - Sony
PS2: (HTML) (Atom)
PS3: (HTML) (Atom)
PSP: (HTML) (Atom)

Systems - Microsoft
Xbox: (HTML) (Atom)
XBox 360: (HTML) (Atom)

PC Gaming
PC Games: (HTML) (Atom)

Zelda (No direct feeds; will be aggregated by hand as I find articles in the other feeds. As such, this will be updated much slower than the other feeds)
Zelda Series: (HTML) (Atom)

General E3 (Hits from Google News and Yahoo News searching for “E3″, just in case something gets missed)
General E3: (HTML) (Atom)

Filed under Community, Nintendo, Announcements, E3 2006

Follow This Entry | Leave a Response | Trackback

46 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Countdown to E3”

    Comments

    i hope we get some news about twilight princess when E3 comes :)

    [TML: First, stay on topic. Second, there is no race to be the first poster. As such, you’re now the second poster. ;) ]

    Any info on a live feed of Nintendo’s pre-E3 press conference?

    Loki said:

    Any info on a live feed of Nintendo’s pre-E3 press conference?

    That’s what I hope to live-blog. I have no idea who’s going to be posting what, though.

    Hopfully we will see some new things from all the companies at this years E3.

    I hope there will be lots of info on the new LoZ games and of course the Wii (Damn that name makes me wanna go to the little Dark Lords room)

    Greetz from Chernabog

    Chernabog is the ruler of all that’s evil, threatening and chaotic - at least until dawn.

    Dude I am psyched. I’ve heard of E3 but really cared to much about it till last year, now I plan to follow it like crazy. I hope sony says the words seven hundred dollars, when advertising the price of the ps3. I hope they dont get some weirdo to take of her shirt so her belly button makes it look like 7.99 instead of 799. Was that the psp or the ngage anyway?

    Are you g0thic chernbog?

    TML, making our lives that much easier… lol

    Man cant wait for E3 (Wish I was going, damn those Webmasters lucky *Navis* lol) Nintendo always seems to steal the show at E3 so heres hopeing that Wii is nothing more that a marketing plot as Nintendo did say that the true name of the Revolution would be announced at E3.

    BTW Next friday will be Friday the 13th not Friday the 12th TML so it could be a bad luck day, lol

    i hope they realise a trailer for tp and an official date!

    Robert-UK said:

    BTW Next friday will be Friday the 13th not Friday the 12th TML so it could be a bad luck day, lol

    Uhm… no… Check your calendar again, good sir. ;)

    Oh darn… I didint work Monday as it was a holiday so I got my days mixed up… sorry Lord TML, lol

    Nintendo.com will be providing, I believe, a free webcast of the media briefing. GameSpy also usually does. IGN’s is for insiders only, as is GameSpots.

    Lord-of-Shadow is going to the show, but last I heard he was still trying to get into the media briefing. Mighty Dekunut is receiving his one ticket soon he said.

    I’ve already shown you what I’m doing for E3 TML - the blog. I’ll make sure to have it up this weekend, and to ensure that everyone in the community can use what is put there, from images, videos and news updates.

    That way we can get a lot of this out quicker and so as many people can see it.

    I can’t wait till E3, I have it marked on my calendar and each day I X off.

    sounds cool.the first thing I want to hear from E3 is an official release date for TP.and then I want to hear that the “Wii” was just a joke (or business scheme,same thing :P ).btw,I have time warner digital cable,what station would I get E3 on?

    I want to hear first about TP on the Gamecube, and then EVERYTHING else can come after…. or… some official art would be nice..
    BTW, do you get the feeling that nintendo is going to say something BIG for TP at E3?

    i agree, and some art would be real nice too :D

    shadowknight said:

    I want to hear first about TP on the Gamecube, and then EVERYTHING else can come after…. or… some official art would be nice..
    BTW, do you get the feeling that nintendo is going to say something BIG for TP at E3?

    What channel can I get E3 on???

    I guess I’m just gonna have to keep doing what I’m doing for a little longer. Playing ToS until E3, I’m very excited to see whats in store for the next generation of games. I hope I get some news on Phantasy Star Universe, Starcraft Ghost, and of course TP foremost.

    A lot of the E3 hype has been taken away for me thanks to a few games here and there. (*cough*KH2*cough*)

    However, I’m still looking forward to this. Thanks to everyone at the blog! I don’t envy the amount of work you’ll be putting up with this comming week or two. Again, thanks.

    This is going to be one sweet party. ;)

    Thanks a lot for all the coverage. I’m so excited to hear about TP and PH that it’s hard to wait, even if it is for only another 6 days… Well, hopefully it’ll be worth it! :)

    Light Link 007 said:

    Are you g0thic chernbog?

    Nope, Just evil threatening and chaotic

    well someone once said something about a strong launch campaign. I think its covered. That list is two miles long, and thats before its released. I cant wait to see of blizzard will make something for the wii. I hope they release a souped up version of starcraft ghost on it.

    I think that this will be a great experience and Wii can all enjoy it.

    Ok, now that I have violated the code, I can be serious.

    The “Wii” is just a name, I don’t care what a system’s name is because it’s the internal hardware that counts. Appreciate the system, not the name.

    The thing that really annoys me is that the media, most of the public dont give video games enough respect, you should see some of the terrible tv shows that have been made in the past. They just cant seem to accept it as a relevant art form and constantly blame Video Games for the rising violence in todays youth (didnt Rock & Roll get blamed for that too?) when at the end of the day the fault lies with the individuals and/or the Parents.

    Robert-UK said:

    The thing that really annoys me is that the media, most of the public dont give video games enough respect, you should see some of the terrible tv shows that have been made in the past. They just cant seem to accept it as a relevant art form and constantly blame Video Games for the rising violence in todays youth (didnt Rock & Roll get blamed for that too?) when at the end of the day the fault lies with the individuals and/or the Parents.

    Bobby that is so true. Metal, especially black, has far more violent themes than video games, but we never hear that the columbine shooters listened to music, we only hear that their favorite game was Doom. Also when parents cant be parents then their kids become killers/rapists. There are these white trash kids on my block and their paretns let them watch dawn of the deaed and crap like that. They’re only 6 and 7. Thats the problem. I mean look at Iraqis and the Iranians, they’re violent, most don’t even have video games.

    Also when you get losers like g4 hosts, who care more about porn than games, representing the gaming community, it looks really bad.

    I have played games in the past that had content that morally I couldnt agree with, like the “Rockstar” game “Manhunt” which was nothing more than a”Snuff” Murder Game.

    Robert-UK said:

    I have played games in the past that had content that morally I couldnt agree with, like the “Rockstar” game “Manhunt” which was nothing more than a”Snuff” Murder Game.

    Yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of the advertising for the games though doesn’t really make them seem that nice. I mean with grand theft auto and true crime they advertise the drugs the gangster life and the cop killing as a good thing, I mean it kinda looks bad on gsamers

    TML ought to do a topic on this… anyway, I totaly agree with you, parents only see the “shoot me up” ones,and not the mario series or the LOZ set too.

    Back to topic, there is a new zelda game (not twilight princess)
    coming out for ds, called the phantom hourglass, i will link to a website with a trailer and screens. this may be a japan only release though…
    link
    http://ugo.com/e3/Content/ProductViewer.aspx?ProductId=70
    there may be a playable demo at E3. I would like to know a lot more about this game.

    Tommorow will mark the 5 days left point until E3. I am psyched man! Rumors of the controller pending to be approved, Phantom Hourglass, TP, and not to mention info on the Wii’s games like Red Steel, Sadness, SSB, Mario, and all the other great games coming out for it!

    Josephina said:

    What channel can I get E3 on???

    g4tv (www.g4tv.com), and I’m sure some websites will have video coverage on it. ;)

    May 9th… can’t wait!

    I want the damn wii! I want E3!
    hey it rhymes

    withdrawal im going through new zelda game withdrawal i hope they dont push the tp date back yet again

    I think that the Sadness Game is based on an old movie from the 40s or 50s and that the game will play in a very cool blak & white, film noir style which does sound very cool.

    Robert-UK said:

    I think that the Sadness Game is based on an old movie from the 40s or 50s and that the game will play in a very cool blak & white, film noir style which does sound very cool.

    Really? All I know is it will take place pre-WWI 1914…
    Red Steel though… that’s gonna be cool. Swing my katana! Please E3! COME QUICK!!!

    I’m waiting for Metroid Prime 3 (MP3, how annoying) Super smash bros wii, and any zelda game thwy make for it. Oh and the Camelot RPG.

    I am SO nervous and I don’t even know why. I don’t travel much, so the plane flight alone is a big deal for me. XD

    I just hope I’ll be able to keep up on everything.

    Yeah some of those Wii (Still wont accept that as the real name) games seem pretty cool but I just hope that they take better advantage of the technology on Wii then they did with the GameCube with the GBA compatability.

    BTW I have “NEVER” been defeated as Link in Super Smash Bros Melee and Soul Calibur 2, and I never will be mwahahahahahar

    Robert-UK said:

    Yeah some of those Wii (Still wont accept that as the real name) games seem pretty cool but I just hope that they take better advantage of the technology on Wii then they did with the GameCube with the GBA compatability.

    BTW I have “NEVER” been defeated as Link in Super Smash Bros Melee and Soul Calibur 2, and I never will be mwahahahahahar

    You and me, any time anywhere. Samus will own you. Especially on Jungle Japes.

    You know, I wonder what the idea behind red steel is. Is it like gangster stuf or is it some wierd sci-fi/fantasy game set in modern tokyo, like Resident Evil.

    Light Link 007 said:

    You know, I wonder what the idea behind red steel is. Is it like gangster stuf or is it some wierd sci-fi/fantasy game set in modern tokyo, like Resident Evil.

    I think it is a little of both, actually. You are in some kind of Yazuka gang or something, and you end of inheriting a mystical katana from some guy… that’s all I really know. From what I hear though, it will take full advantage of the Wii’s features.

    Also from what I hear, Gamespot and IGN are making you join their services for up to date E3 info. Though I checked gamespot and I think you only have to join if you want to see the press conference videos, etc…

    3 days 21 hours and 17 minutes until Nintendo’s press conference. Yay!

    what is a yazuka gang? Im not familiar with japanese terminology.

    Mystical Katana hmmm sounds like the legendary Masamune Sword, the Masamune Sword is to Japan what Excalibur is to Britain.

    BTW Light Link 007 any time, any place but bare in mind that you “WILL” be going down just like all the others mwahahahar.

    Light Link 007 said:

    what is a yazuka gang? Im not familiar with japanese terminology.

    The Yakuza is pretty much the Japanese equivalent of the Mafia.

    Legend of Link said:

    Light Link 007 said:

    You know, I wonder what the idea behind red steel is. Is it like gangster stuf or is it some wierd sci-fi/fantasy game set in modern tokyo, like Resident Evil.

    I think it is a little of both, actually. You are in some kind of Yazuka gang or something, and you end of inheriting a mystical katana from some guy… that’s all I really know. From what I hear though, it will take full advantage of the Wii’s features.

    Also from what I hear, Gamespot and IGN are making you join their services for up to date E3 info. Though I checked gamespot and I think you only have to join if you want to see the press conference videos, etc…

    3 days 21 hours and 17 minutes until Nintendo’s press conference. Yay!

    No. Your girlfriend is stolen by the Yakuza gang, and you meet two masters who teach you the way of the sword and gun.

    Leave a Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.