A.S.S.A - Much Ado About Deku Nuts

March 4th, 2006 at 5:13 pm by Darth Citrus

My apologies on the timing of this one. It wasn’t until 3:29 PM Friday that I realized it was March. Specifically March the THIRD. Speaking of which, there’s some pretty cool things going on in March that you should totally get into.

Anyway, as many of you know, Twilight Princess is delayed, etc etc etc. While my last ASSA dealt with the growing expectations of fans, this one will explore the single most exciting thing that Twilight Princess will definitely have.

Actually the second most exciting thing.

Can anyone figure out what #9 is?

Deku Nuts.

With that, I welcome you to another edition of A Somewhat Serious Article. Suffice to say, this edition is MUCH ADO ABOUT DEKU NUTS.

Cool huh? Kind of rolls of the tongue. “Much ado about Deku Nuts” Try to use it once a day.

Yes Zelda fans, Deku Nuts is the one thing after the graphics that I can honestly say I am truely excited about. Was no one else jumping out of their seat when Link picks up that Deku Nut and smashed a flower thing with it? Was no one else excited to see the return of our beloved stunning item? Tell me I wasn’t the only one that saw that.

Ok fine maybe I was. However the exciting return of the Deku Nut shows that Nintendo has not forgotten about the fan(s) that actually used them.

For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, a Deku Nut is a nut (go figure) that will create a flash of light when thrown on the ground. You find them when you kill Deku Baba’s, pots, bushes, buy them in stores etc. Ideal uses include stunning enemies, bosses, or disappearing until the next cut scene. This item was first introduced in Ocarina of Time, and made its triumphant return in Majora’s Mask.

Then for many cold years, the Deku Nut remained silent. Not appearing at all as an item. As game after game was released, hope soon turned into despair. While Deku Nuts were seen in The Wind Waker, they were immediately taken by the Korok’s to plant new trees. Trees that DIED if you didn’t water them in time.

Now for the casual player this wouldn’t make any difference. But to us die hard Deku Nut fans, it was hard getting through each dungeon with your trusty stunning item.

Enter Twilight Princess.

Thanks to TP, fans will again be able to experience the excitement of using Deku Nuts. But how many Zelda fans will truly take advantage of its return?

Statistically, Deku Nuts are the least used item in Ocarina of Time. A quick poll done recently found that only 3 out of 10000 (slight exaggeration) fans know of its existence. More shocking was that only 1 out of 100000 even used them at all.

I can understand where this is coming from. Deku related material just isn’t as cool as the other items out there. Think about it, if you could keep one item from Ocarina of Time, which one would you take?

My guess would be that a good number of you would take the Master Sword, some the Hookshot, and the smart ones out there would take Nayru’s Love. With all those options who among us would take a bag of Deku Nuts?

Well I would, but that’s not the point!

Now lets take a look at the races themselves. Deku Scrubs are cute; however they lack the “coolness” that the other races have. Zora can swim, Gorons eat rocks, Gerudo are all warriors, Kokiri are all children, and Sheikah are like shadow people. How can Deku Scrubs stack up against that?

Still don’t believe me? Alright. Search around the internet until you find one of those “What Zelda Race are you?” quiz and take it. Would you be thrilled if this turned up?

I wouldn’t exactly be flattered to find out was flammable and could sink in water easily.

Taking this all into account, it can easily be seen why no one uses Deku Nuts. However, we must show Nintendo how much we love this item, lest it be removed from the future Zelda games again.

Just like TV shows with poor ratings.

So if you’re still not sure about using them, here are four reasons to love Deku Nuts:

1. They explode
Remember how you couldn’t get bombs until you got the bomb bag? Remember how sad those days were without any form of pyrotechnics? Well Deku Nuts are the poor mans substitution for bombs. Gather 20 of them and fire away!

2. You can stun bosses with them
Yep that’s right. You can total stun enemies much stronger that you with the Deku Nut. The most notable use of this would be Gohma in the Deku Tree. If your playing Majora’s Mask, you’ll find many of the sub-bosses can be stunned with a Deku Nut.

3. All the cool people use it
Cool people like the Sheikah. And since Sheikah are the Hylian equivalent to ninjas, who wouldn’t want to use them?!

I also use them, that should give you added incentive.

4. They’re cheap
You can get hundreds of these things for a few rupees here and there. And the best thing is almost every store has them. You can also find them in bushes.

So my friends, start plugging in those controllers and start using those Deku Nuts. In time I’m sure you’ll come to love them as much I as do.

And for those of you who are worried about my “overenthusiasm” for Deku Nuts you can relax. I think it would be safe to say that I would never be that exhilarated about Deku Nuts to name a site after…

Wait a Second.

Alright fine, but I at least I don’t give out an award that featu….

Ok well, maybe I have that too.

But I wouldn’t be obsessive to the point where I would get arrested over…

Yes that is me.

Who am I kidding? Fans, the Deku Nut is an incredibility cool item. So cool it’s worth the time to play OoT again and flash the *Navi* out of everyone you see. I guarantee you it becomes a whole ‘nother experience you will treasure forever.

I would like to say more about the issue. Unfortunately my jail computer time is almost up. Thus we must prematurely end another fine edition, of A Somewhat Serious Article.

Filed under Humor, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A.S.S.A.

60 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “A.S.S.A - Much Ado About Deku Nuts”

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

• Trackback from Exploding Deku Nut:

A.S.S.A Main

Comments

lol.actually im going to be playing oot with massive restrictions soon (3 hearts,no upgrades,no shield etc..) so the deku nut is going to be one of my most important weapons.btw,if I could keep any item from oot it would be the ocarina :) .

Dude, no one wants deku nuts, I would rather take a bomb. They grow out of the ground at even a faster rate than deku nuts.

I could pick about 100,000 of those babies a day vs. about 7,000 deku nuts.

ive decided to try playing OoT again on my N64 JUST to see if i can get through the game only using my sword and deku nuts in battle. it should be interesting to say the least lol

Legend of Link said:

I could pick about 100,000 of those babies a day vs. about 7,000 deku nuts.

Ah you’re thinking about Bomb Plants. Thats different. If you take a bomb plant you need the Power Bracelet to pick them up. Thus you wouldn’t be able to use them.

Go with the Deku Nuts.

Darth Citrus said:

Legend of Link said:

I could pick about 100,000 of those babies a day vs. about 7,000 deku nuts.

Go with the Deku Nuts.

I would hire a legion of gorons to do my bidding. I mean, If they can eat rocks, they sure as hell can pick bombs out of the ground without a sweat.

I’d pay them 10+ rupees per batch of bombs they pick for me. If they exceed there dailey quota, they get an added bonus.

Legend of Link said:

Ah, ‘t is true you could pay them to lift and plant Bomb Flowers for you, but doesn’t that take out the excitement of actually exploding something yourself? I mean, sure it’d be fun to watch them Gorons blow things up for a while, but I bet you’d find it would be much more enjoyable if you could do it on your own. Since the power bracelet is needed use bomb plants, why go through all the trouble of getting it (seriously, would you want to face an angry Darunia?) when you can just use deku nuts?! They explode just like bombs do, and in an even more amusing fashion! Come one, you can’t deny the joy of the flash it leaves and the cracking sound it lets off!

*chucks deku nut at an abandoned building*

*nut explodes and building collapses*

See wasn’t that fun?!

Ahahaha… that jail thing was hilarious…. hahahaaaa….
Are you as nutty as a deku nut? Hhaaaaa… :D
You have once again, won the award for the funniest article on zeldablog, bravo!!!

Seriously the only way a Deku Nut can be useful is to run away from somebody easily (like Impa and Zelda on Link). Tell me WHEN Link has to run away of some enemy?

BTW my favorite item would be Din’s Fire (FIRE! FIRE! HAHAHAHA!!!)… if I have enough MP to use it. Otherwise it would be Wind Waker’s Boomerang (5 targets at once, 100% chance of getting it back… awesome!)… if I’m not too old to use it. Otherwise it’s the Ocarina of Time’s red tunic (to walk on lava and spikes!)

Legendary_Blade said:

*chucks deku nut at an abandoned building*

*nut explodes and building collapses*

See wasn’t that fun?!

Ok, Lets play a round of Hyrule: Total War. I’ll send a legion of 10,000 Gorons armed with bombs at your legion 10,000 Deku Scrubs armed with Deku Nuts. Logically, who do you think is going to win? Not only are the Gorons five times the size of any other race on Hyrule, but they’re armed with weapons that actually do more than a blast radius of .0000074 feet.

People people, do you not see it, DC and I share the same dream, of owning our own deku nuts.The deku plants has fasinated me since OoT, and the Deku nuts were cool weapons, I used to climb on top of Death Mountain, and like a mad god, threw them down unto Kakariko village until I ran out.Deku nuts were usable items, they were those huge nuts that grew in the Forbidden Forest (and in Ganondorf’s Tower) and used to kill those vine monsters, and knowing that they are in TP is great, but they will never be like our favorite nuclear (ok just kidding) nut that is healthier than peanuts :P *crunches on a deku nut* there is also Deku seeds, which produces Deku Babas, which when old (and big) enough, would turn into trees.Now, seeds and nuts produce only the trees, but only the trees born from nuts can have intelligence.Thinking about it, possibly the Deku Scrub is the first form of a Deku plant, since they shoot Deku nuts.Great article DC.

Well if the enemy just turns blue like in Ocarina of Time when you use them…..I won’t be that happy…If they put their hands over their eyes and stagger about……Yeah that’ll make me happier…..And if it’s more effective on more than one boss instead of just one boss….ya know……I wonder if he get’s to use deku sticks too?

I can solve the strength problem for the deku nut, simpl give each nut 500 force gems for killing power (10,000 to take out a boss) *crunches on more deku nuts**insides start to glow in the dark* hey, I’m full ^_^

Yup… too many people underestimate the Deku Nut. It’s sad… *tears*

I’m sorry….personally, I only used the deku nuts maybe three times. (I know, I know, what kind of a fan am I?) I used the Deku sticks more, though in retrospect that was more because there were puzzles that you had to use the deku stick to solve. Off of the top of my head, I don’t there are any deku nut puzzles. Maybe thats the reason for the lack of popularity…lack of necessity. Most people probably prefer regular bombs to bombuchu bombs because you were only ever required to use them once (twice if you wanted to get the biggest bomb bag upgrade). Anyways now I’m rambling so I’m gonna shut up.

i used the deku nuts more then 200 times!
i used them when i was shocked by something.

this is how i used them:
throw it on enemy.
backflip out of its range
then fired an deku seed or arrow.
(sometimes i charged at them with the sword)
(( ok.ok i admit sometimes i ran away from my enemies))

I only used deku nuts the first few parts of every game that have them maybe 10 times oot and 3 mm because they are so crap I don’t know what you see in deku nuts all they do is stun. I hate stunning monsters in its better to use something that will do some damage and kill them.

Um…does number nine say “Gophers”??!!??

Don’t know if anyone else did, but I held my mouse over the picture too long to get the message.

Hahahaha another crazy but oh so enjoyable topic from Darth Citrus. To be honest the Deku Nuts were one of my most used items in both Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask (they were perfect for takeing out Wolfos, stun them then stab their tales, its their weak point) though I never did use them against Boses.

BTW Darth Citrus while those were pretty good choices to take on a Quest I would take these instead-

1. The Master Sword (the single most powerful blade EVER)
2. The Longshot (which is much better than the Hookshot)
3. Goron Tunic (for when you dont want to get extra crispy in Volcanoas)
4. Zora Mask (dont start Hyrulian Hero, its much better for crossing Oceans than some lame talking boat)

…[F]lash the *Navi* out of everyone you see. I guarantee you it becomes a whole ‘nother experience you will treasure forever.

Darth… keep using double entendres like that and someone WILL go to prison… albeit not for littering. ;)

“*Flash* You’ve captured art.” one Lenzo says.I have grown super deku nuts, and they kill too.I know how to breed deku (and boko) babas for their sticks and nuts (or seeds) I also know the side effects of eating deku nuts, which are: glowing inards, constant gas release, and green sweat (don’t ask) and to grow super babas, add 50,000 force gems when burying the nut, along with a board from the KoRL (its true) off subject: the best way to go anywhere fast is warping, not sailing or swimming.forgive me back to subject: maybe one day, Nintendo will let my crop of super nuts go into the next Zelda game, and are used whenever your sword isn’t usable, and can only be carried ten at a time. *munches on more deku nuts*

Legend of Link said:

There isn’t a doubt in my mind that an army Gorons with bombs would defeat an army Deku Scrubs with deku nuts. Bombs are obviously a more powerful weapon.

However, you seemed to miss the point of my comment, which was not saying that deku nuts were more powerful than bombs were. It was more so that they are more amusing to use and are easier to get than bombs or bomb flowers. Anyone could cut some grass, pick up a deku nut and use it for their own purposes. Bomb flowers on the other hand require you traveling up to Death Mountain and confronting an enraged Darunia, and to use bombs, going through Dodongo’s Cavern (or in MM buying the bag for 50 rupees). What I’m saying is why go through all that trouble when you can easily pick up a deku nut and have just as much, if not more fun than bombs? Darth Citrus’ article basically explained it all, but the best part is how you get to just completely freeze enemies (and who’s to say you’re limited to just using them on enemies…well the game doesn’t allow it to be used against anything outside of battle…darn). Think of the funny poses you could stun them in, and how you can take your time on deciding on a method which you can slay them (whether it be by bow, by a certain sword slash, etc.). Yes, bombs are more powerful, but I’d have to say deku nuts are more amusing.

Though I’d have to say I absolutely love Powder Kegs…

But overall, I personally would love to see the return of deku nuts in TP.

Amen Legendary_Blade (remember one of my comments above) anyways, hopefully, if Nintendo would make deku nuts carriable (is that even a word?) again, I’d have (and do) a good and bad side of the deku nuts.The good: you get to carry them, stun enemies (best for first timers) play angry god, enjoy fireworks, play “mad god/ess”, and pass the time away.The bad: wasteful collection time (if they make you carry 99 at a time, disregard before something ugly comes up) no killing of enemies, and you can’t eat them ;_;

haha. With that rate quiz I would be a Gerudo (go figure!). If I could keep one item it would be the Ice Arrows!

I think a Zelda MMORPG could work if it was made properly, you could pick a race, clothing, jobs and abilities in a similar way to the amazeing Final Fantasy XI On-Line for PC.

Fine! I admit it! Deku Nuts are COOL!!!! (Locks self in room with deku nuts and cackles histerically.)

Ah, finally someone else who acknowledges the usefulness of Deku Nuts. I use them all the time when I play OOT, and I can point to two scenarios in particular:

Jabu-Jabu’s belly, before you aquire the boomerang. It’s the only way to kill those stupid jellyfish. (Without getting hurt, anyways.) And, being wierd, I simply cannot abide to run by those freaks and let them live. Unfortunately, I always run out of nuts too early. (Sigh.)

In battle against those nutty Gerudos! I have read countless FAQ’s for OOT, and not a single one suggests stunning them with a Deku Nut! Sure, you may have to throw four or five before it actually works, but by this time I’m sure we are all able to carry at least 40. Right?

Funny stuff, Darth. Long live the Deku Nut.

Ah, that article has inspired me to make more use out of Deku Nuts. Here I come, Gohma!

how do you know gorons can use/fight with bombs?no goron has ever even used a real bomb (look at mm goron-link).so…. in the event that the gorons go to war against the deku scrubs,the gorons would have to resort to punches. and since deku scrubs fly and gorons can hardly get off the ground the dekus would eventually win (unless something incredibly inconvenient happens like a wild fire,but it could just as easily be a flood :) )

Legend of Link said:

Legendary_Blade said:
Ok, Lets play a round of Hyrule: Total War. I’ll send a legion of 10,000 Gorons armed with bombs at your legion 10,000 Deku Scrubs armed with Deku Nuts. Logically, who do you think is going to win?.

while I must admit that Deku nuts were the most underused item in OoT, I would like to say I did my part in using them. As far as items I would want… I’ve gotta Stick with Din’s Fire. (What did you expect? I’ve mastered a huge *Naving* dragon)

Deku items have been one of the most useful items around, there’s:deku nuts, deku seeds (they’re the ones in the grass) deku babas (just kidding) deku stick, deku shield, deku mask, deku nut shield(for MM Deku Link), and deku leaf.Deku babas make good guard plants, they look like weeds, eats like a street dog, needs little maintenance, and pratically feeds itself.

Great Lord Ephraim said:

Remember that Deku Scrubs need flowers to fly, and that taking flight is only temporary, which means after they land, they’d have to go off to find another one. Gorons do not just have punches, they have the advantage of rapidly rolling in a boulder-like form. Thus, while Deku scrubs scurry to find another flower, Gorons would take the time to roll into them (it’s even worse if they can and do go into spikey ball form). If the scrubs landed/hid in trees, I would guess that a goron could roll into it hard enough, and so they’d come tumbling down (considering Link rolls into trees and Gold Skulltulas and other items fall out, it’s safe to assume Gorons are capable also).

The one thing Deku Scrubs might have against Gorons is their bubble-shooting technique (since it’s somewhat a liquid). But those bubbles take a bit of time to fully charge up, not to mention that they really don’t shoot exactly straight, nor are they by any means fast, making them fairly simple to evade. The deku nuts they shoot could not penetrate the defenses of the hard, rolling Goron body (I actually tried this in OoT). They could potentially throw (I think they can throw them anyway) or spit deku nuts at them while they are not in the ball form, but chances are the majority of the gorons will be rolling, and they can curl up pretty quickly to defend themselves from that.

And also, Gorons may not be able to use bombs, but we know that they CAN use powder kegs (recall MM - again Goron Link), and those are even more powerful than regular bombs/bomb flowers are.

However, I’ll agree with you that should a flood, or even rain happen…Gorons are pretty *Navied* (and the other way around for the scrubs in the case of a wildfire…or if they are unfortunate enough get struck by lightning :-) )

But let’s put war between gorons and deku scrubs, bombs and deku nuts aside. I still enjoy the deku nuts more! They’re far too fun to simply push aside.

Yeah but Zoras would beat them both and they would have some advantages against Gerudos & Hyilians.

I think that they are the weakest, and even if they fly, its only for a short time. A well placed arrow can bring them down. The deku nuts are only worth for one thing (combat wise) and that it for stunning enemies. It does work rather well SOMETIMES but I think it is rather useless compared to a sword or even arrows.

i just started playing OoT again for a second time and i just relized that the deku nuts are very helpful, i never used to use them, im gonna try to win it with 6 hearts :)

NOTE: I have only tried this in the earliest version (1.00 I think, right?) version of Ocarina.

In reply to the post about stunning mini-bosses… Dark Link from OOT becomes totally disoriented if hit by a deku nut. It takes about 30 hits to hit him, but once hit, he’s never himself again. He stands and stares, moonwalks, and doesn’t shield himself from attacks. When he jumps on the Master Sword, he crosses his arms for a moment.
Must be a bug, but I’ve never seen this tip on the internet.

gorons die if the hit water, zoras die if they hit fire, do deku shrubs die instantly if they hit anything?

oh yeah deku shrubs die if they hit fire

They also can jump on water for a few time before they sink, and the Deku flower (darn it, I forgot to put that in the list) is a way to keep them from being hit by the gorons, but their bubble would bounce off, but they can be invincible, while inside their deku grass (also forgot that) thats why they are more better for getting across big areas, and Link was made a deku scrub just because the skullkid thought he would be useless in that form, while in fact, actually helped Link in many ways, because afterwards, he now respects one of his fears (the other is the cucco, which I believe is hereditary, but we’re not talking about cuccos here) anyways, they are amazing creatuers, but we’re talking about what they spit, the nut itself.Time for more deku nut eating, you guys wanna try some? *munches on a bucket of deku nuts* I think that you guys think I’m “nuts.”

yaaa… remember the temples in MM where you would hide in the flower, and zoom straight up and hit those turtle things on thier belly? Thats the strongest a deku has ever been for me.

Majora’s Mask had an expanded use of Deku Nuts, where you could fly, and drop them like bombs in mid air basically like a fighter plane. Of course, that game was a pain to use, and get Deku Nuts, because they were relatively hard to find outside of town, and got erased every time you saved. UGH! Anyways no bosses, or enemies really required the use of Deku Nuts in Majora’s Mask, and it was hard to find time to use them, and I almost never had any on hand, due to them getting “ERASED”!

Yup the MM saveing system was far from perfect but it did remind me of the incredibly funny Bill Murray movie “Groundhog Day”.

not the Gerudos,thay have ice arrows (dont think zoras like ice so much after almost being killed by it in oot)and the hyrulians probably have fire arrows (again not the zoras best friend).this all reminds me,all these races did go to war and the hyrulians won…why??? well first of all thay dont die instantly when exposed to a common element and second thay probably have access to flood gates and again fire arrows.

The Hylians hold one of the most powerful weapon, the Light Arrow (really great in TWW) while the Zora had the Fire Arrow (maybe their savior weapon) and the Gerudo had the Ice Arrows (it keeps them cool) yet the Deku Scrubs stayed out of the way, only being minor guards, and salesmen.The Goron had the Megaton Hammer, and the Shiekah had the Hover boots (they must be fast to use them long enough) the Kokiri had a sword, the Minish had the Magic Jar (wait, they weren’t involved, disregard)but what the Deku scrubs lack in strength, they had in numbers and size, since they were small and well adapted to plant life, they could set traps to keep intruders out.*drops a deku nut and blinds everyone* sorry ^_^; *eats a deku nut and runs*

I must once again stand up for the Deku Nut. :D

You all make very good points about the strengths, items and abilities of the other races. However what good is it all if you can’t see?

That is the power of the Deku Nut. It is plentiful enough that you can blind your opponent over and over again while you counter attack or run like *Navi*. No other item can match that. You can say that the bow has distance, and the Master Sword is sharp. You can argue that the Zora can swim and the Gorons can eat rocks, but that doesn’t change the ownage of the Deku Nut.

I felt like something really witty should go here, but my mind is drawing a blank. So you can uh…make one up. :P

HH:Change the national censoring from *NAVi* to *DEKU NUT*? Just kidding, now EVERYONE DOWN ON THE GROUND AND HAND ME ALL OF YOUR FORCE GEMS, or I’ll have to use a deku nut in front of this magnifying glass. *Navi flies in and nags HH to death*
Navi: YAY I’M A HERO! *wakes up* darn it.
HH: Well, I can genetically change the size and flash of a deku nut, making either a killer nut, or a nut for 7/4/06.Its easy, just take a deku nut, change its genes with a microscope and super small needles and tweezers, and plant it, use blue potion to make it grow instantly, and then, collect tose nuts and changes their genes until I get giant highly explosive deku nuts (this kinda thing takes years, so be better left with imagination and RP, please, do not take my incredible genius for granted imagination seriously)

Ok but what about the Rito Tribe those guys can fly, also noone has mentioned the Kokiri those guys must have some serious stealth abilities.

maybe,but it would be waisted since thay cant leave the forest,plus thay might not even be that strong since thay stop growing at 10 (thay would make good tacticians though).as for the rito,if you play fire emblem you would find anything that flys (Pegasus knights,birds,etc…) is killed swiftly and unmercifully with arrows :) .

So the Hyilians, the Gerudo and the Sheikah would whipe the floor with the other races then?

Maybe,well lets see….dekus:died to fire,zoras:died to fire AND maybe ice,rito:got shot down,gorons:died in flood,kokiri:waisted there potential.yup,guess so. but wait! dont forget the Sheikahs dont exist in oot so something happened to them too *gasp!*.so the Hylians and the Gerudos then (thay do look like thay came out on top :) ).

HH:Theoretically, the Gerudo merged with the Hylians, but the Deku Scrubs have been around for centuries, same with Octoroks.The Deku plant is so durable, it became the forest in Zelda games, but lost intelligence, so they were forgotten to have lived, and anything that has to do with the Deku plant (scrubs, babas, Kokiri, Skull Kids) live so deep in them they are forgotten, I wonder abot the Minish though, since they originally lived in the sky, than all moved into the forest in secrecy, then moved around the world, and then, possibly, disappeared into their own realm.Ok, I’m running a TV show (just for this subject) its called “Catch the Forest Creature” and we need to catch anything with the following items: A deku nut, and a butterfly net.First, we’ll go to the woods *goes into LoZ’s Lost Woods**with Steve Irwin accent* Now, we must find a-There one goes!Its a Kokiri, crickey! *chases it for 5 hours, eventually catching him* This, my wonderful viewers, is a Kokiri, I finally stunned him, but he tends to get up before I get near him, so I had to knock him out with a Deku Nut, *Kokiri struggles* now he’s getting cranky.
Kokiri:I’ll teach you *tosses a stone at HH’s head, knocking HH out and releasing the Kokiri*
HH: *wakes up later and in his own-american- accent* Ah, *NAVI* that hurt *looks at camera* this is Hyrulian Hero, signing out *passes out*

Well Great Lord Ephraim the Sheikah may not have had much of a precence in Ocarina of Time BUT I saw no evidence to suggest that Impa was the last of her kind, I think the Sheikah are still alive and are just in hideing and may make a reappearance in a future game, well its just my theory.

BTW how about this, what if the Minish people are actually the Kokiri… now I know what you are thinking but bare with me. We all know that to protect the Kokiri the Great Deku Tree turned them into Korocks in WW but what if that wasnt enough, what if for another reason once the waters receded he turned them into the Minish people we all know and love/hate… well they do look a lot like the Kokiri, they even live in the woods.

Well, Im sorry to say this, but its impossible for the Minish to come from the Kokiri, since accoridng to The Minish Cap, they came from the sky, and helped the Hero of Men defeat the evil montsers that were once Ganon’s army.And it is possible that the Shiekah do exsist, but outside Hyrule’s borders, which ironically Link can never get to, while everyone else can get to.Forgive me, anyways, I’m going to take the deku plant to a whole new level, metafiction!
*inside a dark Hyrulian style laboratory, HH works on Deku plants*
First, we shall examine the Deku Tree *walks to a potion-made hologram of a deku tree* Deku Trees born from the deku nut, instantly grow to a tree, and are capable of creating their own nuts and seeds, but the deku nut born trees cannot recieve information, due to instant growth and not enought time to fully develop a brain.Now, we will go over to the Great Deku Tree.Its called so because of its “Great” size and intelligence.It is born not from the deku nut, but from a deku seed.Because of being born from such a small body, the plant must go through a more feral stage, aka, the deku baba.The deku baba firsts starts aout as a small but, then when it matures enough, it turns blue and splits open, forming teeth and a tongue, thus becoming a mini baba, and when it grows older, becomes a normal Deku Baba, and later, in 4-5 years time, becomes a Giant Deku Baba, and while the baba is growing more deadlier, its roots become more woodier, until it swells and becomes tree like, and the face comes last, when the giant deku baba is about to die, and when the deku baba dies, the tree litterally springs out of the ground, keeping its roots within the earth, and as soon as it recieves oxygen, it recieves information on its own, thus the great deku tree is born.I’d talk more, but I’d be holding up the posts (just kidding) so I’ll save the rest of my Deku Information on some other post.

I thought “shiek” said “he” was one of the last surviving shiekah or something like that.oh well,regardless thay must have been getting beat pretty bad to have to leave hyrule (I guess thats what happens when your races hidden treasure is a pair of boots :) )

Hmmm I still see away around that, Sheik could have ,meant that he/she was one of the last surviving Shiekah “IN” Hyrule.

*trying to open a nut* Hey Hey, this area is for Deku nuts, forgive me but you two are staring to go off subject *pops the nut open* HHHmmm *tosses the crobar* the inside sure is shiny *crobar lands on HH’s head* OWW!That hurts, I know *uses the inside of the deku nut to hypnotise all dogs, cuccos (including Sam) bees, butterflies, and pigs, and makes them his army* FIRST, WE WILL CONQUER ZELDABLOG, THEN, THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!!! *wakes up* Aw *NAVI* it was just a dream.DISREGUARD THE WHOLE THING PLEASE!Thankyou :P *munches on deku nut* I sure do like these deku nuts *eats a bomb by accident* That hit the sp-*blows up and little HH’s run around the place*

Haha, I’ve been inspired.

I always use Deku Nuts when I fight Ganon, instead of using Light Arrows (I just don’t like the idea of wasting my magic) but still, Deku Nuts can be a pretty cool item when you think of them that way. I think I will play through Ocarina of Time only using Deku Nuts…

Still, they won’t help me when I need to use the glorious Hookshot…

… “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

Wouldnt it have been funny if Link had gone “WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” everytime you used The Hook/Longshot?

Maybe Robert.Since I’ll be (possibly) the last person to post here, anyone (double the odds for DC) who had posted here (including myself) will get Deku Nut Cake.Thankyou and behave yourselves, and remember, thankyou for shopping at your local potion shop.