Twilight Princess Revolutionised, Round 3

February 14th, 2006 at 9:38 am by Archaic Sage

As I’ve already written on my website, it seems like there is another round of NGC v Nintendo, again. Which is an interesting read, I’ve got strong opinions on this, and it seems that NGC are completely behind the fact that Twilight Princess will be a Revolution Title.

Read in for the full scoop.

So, it seems that there is more news. Many British Zelda fans have written into NGC to write their complaints to the company, and NGC have again reputed this fact. I for one am in toe with NGC here, as you can find in all of our previous news reports, and with my Hyrule.net statement. However, this is what the magazine has written within their Letters section:

Quoted directly from the publication:

I have been a huge fan of yours since issue 13 of N64 Magazine [NGC’s old name], but it saddens me to think that my first published letter to you could be one of complaint. When I received issue 115, I was overjoyed to find the front cover boasting new details on Zelda: Twilight Princess and, of course, the title “Revolution launch date revealed”. I skipped quickly to the section entitled Twilight Revolution and learned that the game would be getting a revolutionary twist in that it would be able to use the Revolution controller when played through that console.

I rushed to the Zelda Universe forums to discuss this info with my contemporaries. I was surprised to find that few others believed me, and when asked to prove your magazine’s trustworthiness, I told people of your long-standing history as a source of truth and that you would never print unproven rumors as truths. So I argued, and other NGC fans came to back me up. We all vouched for your honesty.

A couple of weeks later, after it all had died down, the Zelda Universe team reported that Nintendo had dismissed these claims as speculation. Needless to say, NGC is no longer a trusted name among non-readers on the site.

I was wondering how you came about the info in the first place. I don’t want to believer that your writers would print their own guesswork and sell it as the truth, and although I agree that the possibility of that information being true is still quite likely as I myself had guessed it was possible a few months ago, I’d rather not have to defend your honor based on non-factual info ever again. Keep it real, homies!

The response:

We’ve received loads of similar letter and it hasn’t escaped our attention many internet sites have debunked our story based on Nintendo’s carefully worded statement (which, if you decode the PR-speak, actually boils down to them saying ‘no comment’). So we’d like to set the record straight. The story about Zelda appearing on Revolution isn’t speculation; it is fact. We were told this by a trusted source at Nintendo, and we have no reason to doubt it. We understand why Nintendo issued it’s statement - after all, this news wasn’t supposed to break until E3 show in May - but we’re 100% accurate when we assure you that Twilight Princess will be a Revolution title.

This shows us that NGC do actually know what they’re doing. NGC is a long lasted company within the gaming realms in England, they are easily the best Nintendo gaming magazine out there, the official Magazine being of a poorer quality, with false enthusiasm. Whereas NGC tell it to us how it is.

As I’ve said time and time before, NGC aren’t going to be 100% right, in the past they’ve posted news like this, and they’ve been shown to be semi-true. Of course, Nintendo are going to issue press statements that are going to try to falsify anything that they don’t want to come out until they’re ready. Look at what they did with the DS Lite, not a week before Nintendo of Europe were saying that we are not going to get a new DS version, and now look at it!

NGC saying that they’re 100% certain that Twilight Princess will be a Revolution title is not exactly encouraging to most minds within the Zelda Community; however, in my mind it’s stating the obvious. All Gamecube titles are going to be titles on the Revolution, we already knew that anyway. However, with Twilight Princess being delayed for a sole title for Revolution? I have my doubts. I don’t doubt, for a second though that Twilight Princess will have certain elements that are exclusive to the Revolution. No different from Link’s Awakening DX having certain dungeons being exclusive to the Gameboy Color, and the Oracles series having certain things that are exclusive to the Gameboy Color series only. It’s also no different than Super Smash Bros. Melee. They had trophies that would only come up if you had the right game saved onto that Memory Card (ie Pikmin and Pikmin trophy).

So, my message to you all is. Chill out. It’s going to be a Gamecube game, and a Revolution game.

Author’s Note:
Thanks for the correction there Masamune!

Second Note:
Thanks to an awesome forum member, we’ve got high resolution pics to prove this! See them here.

Filed under Twilight Princess, News, Nintendo

Follow This Entry | Read Other Posts by Archaic Sage

61 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Twilight Princess Revolutionised, Round 3”

Comments

What does NGC mean?Maybe your right, (about TP being a revoltionary game) but I’m still, I have no clue.What still puzzles me is that TP is going to the last Zelda game in its current form (we should have a separate subject for this, for much debating)

“No different from Oracle of Ages and Seasons having certain dungeons being exclusive to the Gameboy Color”

Actually it was special content available on Gameboy Advance. Link’s Awakening DX was GB/GBC and had special GBC only content.

Aside from that minor gripe, that’s essentially how I’ve taken the news. Nintendo didn’t want their E3 secrets out just yet… can’t blame them, although it did ruin NGC’s image for a lot of internet fans.

Masamune said:

Thanks for that correction Masamune.

Ive said it once and ill say it again, “Whatever will be, will be”
    “Just have faith”.

Could you put quotes around the magazine’s quotation? I know where it is, but it took me a minute, because it wasn’t marked by anything.

Also, the Oracle games did have special content, just not a secret dungeon. In the Oracles, a special shop was opened if you played on a GBA rather than a GBC. I think you should mention this because the LADX example isn’t great. It was made for the sole sake of making a color version of an old game. It was a rerelease specifically for GBC, so anyone who had a GB and wanted the game could have had it prior to that. The Oracles were GBC games with special content for the newer system (GBA).

In any case, it just goes to show you that it’s not the first time Nintendo’s given special content (or the second :p).

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!I’ve was just at DC’s site, and they put up an article that says that TP might not be released until November this year (read it yourselves) I can’t wait THAT long (and DC is hoping they made a mistake)

Gamecube game 100% sure could have revolution features

I wont believe it until Nintendo says so.

november huh, thats when my birthday is…too long to wait

Hyrulian Hero said:

It’s probably true. It’s sad, but it probably is. It’s the newest forum topic on Zeldafront.com. Just think. By tomorrow, the whole internet Zelda fanbase will have gone crazy. This is insane. It’s now going to be almost a year long delay from the original release date.

This game better be GOOD.

nintendos probably just mad that someone leaked info.but tp coming out in november?!? Im having problems with it coming out after april = ( .

Does anyone know why Zeldafront isn’t working? I was going to look up that article about the new delay and the site wouldn’t open at all.

Meh. This is beginning to seem to be much ado about nothing.

Maybe TML, we’ll have to wait until we here it from Nintendo, since they said that the November release (05) was false, so maybe this 06 Nov. release is a hoax too.When was TMC released again (TP related)

I really hope its on gamecube. Coz I only have 7o bucks canadien and I preordered it on gamecube. If it comes out on the rev, IM SCREWED!!!

Hyrulian Hero said:

I did indeed say that, and I still hope they’ve made a mistake. To be honest, they shouldn’t have said it was going to be a Gamecube title in the first place. If they said it was going to be a Revolution title when it was first announced then fine. We’d all be happy. Now though I think they’ve gotten alot of fans ticked.

And like I also said on my site, this whole delay thing is so crazy, I’m going to write a ASSA on it. :P

Hyrulian Hero said:

Actually, according to joystick and hyrule.net, they say the people who said November were false and changed the dates back to april.

Geez, I’m popular tonight.

Midna said:

If it comes out on the rev, IM SCREWED!!!

AAAAAAMEN!Hopefully, this is just a hoax, because making fans wait THIS long, its just a way for attention.I’m going to make a metafiction just to feel better (my next post)

@ Darth Citrus: I look forward to A.S.S.A. in regards of the chaos over the delay! And I too hope that the announcement is false.

And I completely agree with you, Archaic Sage. I think everyone needs to calm down about whether TP will be a Revolution game or not. Personally I do not think so, but I do think it will have special features on the Revolution. Just didn’t want that lil’ bit of info leaked out I bet.

Gah I knew the delay would only stretch on longer… I even made a comic on it (http://www.deviantart.com/view/24060286/).

Nintendo really have let us down. Oh well, at least it won’t be coming out soon to distract me from my uni work ;)

*a bell rings*
    Announcer: Get ready to rumbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!!!
    In the Western Corner, its Nintendawg, supporting Nintendo, and in the East corner, its NGC Man, supporting NGC, and now, lets Wrestle *the two wrestlers pulls out Kokiri swords and start sword fighting each other*
    Nintendawg: I’m going to beat-chu!
    NGC Man: No, I am going to beat you!
    Announcer: And they look equally challenged, wait just a sec, it seems many people wearing a shirt with ZeldaBlog comes up to the fight, and helping Nintendawg.
    NGC Man: Oh *NAVI*
    Announcer:My *NAVI* this looks like it may last a long time, when this fight ends, I have no clue.It reminds me of me and my cousin wrestling all the time…whoops, I did not mean to say that.

Thats what is going on (through my eyes) right now, and I don’t know when Nintendo might defend itself about the late late release.Hey, TML, mind if next time (maybe not soon) I could use David Linkerman for my own metafiction?Anyways, this battle would be quickly heard of by tomorrow.

all I know, is that TP better be like drinking unicorn giggles.

I thought my metafiction was funny, ah well.I hope its still in April.

I really have no idea who is right or wrong (though I am a little excited at the thought of playing TP with the new controller), all I know is that you should DEFINITELY post NGC’s response once we find out the truth, irregaurdless of if they are right or wrong. it will be quite funny either way, I think.
    (BTW, i dont think that the global release will be in April since Nintendo would probably rather wait until E3 to announce the date. o well, im still hoping with the rest of u!)

This is insane!! Those guys at nintendo really enjoy doing this to the fans!I’ll become a stalfos if that games comes out on November ;___;… I really hope it comes out sooner and that it’s a Gamecube title :( .

If its true then we will have to crucify Mr Miyamoto San, rofl.

People people, please, too many people make fun of Mr. Miyamoto already (I’ve seen the evidence)

I would prefer it 2 come out on the gamecube but revolution is cool i guess, but it means we would have 2 wait longer! NOO!

LJinx said:

People, there never has been an official statement if it’s beeing delayed longer. ;)

I don’t think Nintendo would tell everyone the it would be for the Gamecube and then suddenly switch it to being for Revolution.

Besides, Ninteno’s official website lists Twilight Princess as an upcoming Gamecube game, not a Revolution one.

Here’s the proof:
    [link]

Thank you.

[TML: Edited the link so as not to stretch the page.]

OK, there is one thing that I have to say, and that I am going to be MAD if it comes out soely on a rev. title. I dont mind if some parts are in the rev, quite franckly, that Is a good marketing scheme, but If it isnt out on gamecube…..
    They better watch out….

Legend of Link said:

Wisest comment on this topic. ;)

However, an April release is becoming more… and more… and more unlikely with every day that passes.

• 33. TSA says:

Since when did they make an official statment on just how long the original delay was? I thought it said six months, but I’ve tried tracking down that exact time frame, and I can’t seem to locate it.

I think it has always been “we’ll update on Twilight Princess’ status after the end of the fiscal year”. I never expected an April release…and I agree with TML on the diminishing chance of an April release (though saying with each passing day the likelyhood of it coming out is less likely is a bit obvious). I would wager an April release isn’t happening, and I think people who believed this were mislead by the statements by Nintendo last year and that Club Nintendo report.

They originally said it was going to be somewhere between Oct. and Dec., so go 6 months from that and and… *five minutes later* April, May, and June are the plausible release dates.The exact time would be a job for psychics (or Zelda herself, mwahaha)

Okay guys…Nintendo said it would be a gamecube title many many times. We have no reason to doubt that becuase they hinted once or twice at there being revolution-exclusive features. That would be really amazing, I think, and would give a lot of people more reason to go buy a revolution. The difference is that they’ll be buying the system becuase they honestly want to, not out of bitterness because they have to in order to play a game.

Nintendo says Q2/6 months, until THEY say otherwise, it’s Q2/6 months. It’s only Febuary! Come on, be patient! There’s a lot of year left to go…10 and a half months to be exact. Wait for a month or two, give nintendo time. They asked for 6 months, and it’s been three an people are getting upset. Don’t let speculation get to our heads.

Why do people keep saying, “I can’t wait, it’s too long to wait” and things like that? You don’t really have much of a choice, do you? Quit your whining; that won’t make the news of a solid release date come any quicker, and especially not if it’s on the other side of the year. In the meantime, go do something else. Please.

It will be playable on both the GameCube & the Revolution, end of story.

AAAAAmen Robert.Although this game is so big (popular big) no-one wants to wait, but we know most of the beginning of the game, the ending counts too.Until then, lets play Cuccomon!

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

soo its gonna be on both the game cube and revolution cuz im way to poor to but a revolution i just have my loley gamecube

eerrr i mean buy a revolution hehe

Hopefully the game doesnt cost over 60.00 dollars and then be sold out in every store cuz ill knock over an old lady to get to it

Master of Volvagia said:

in the words of some famous french guy i don’t really know… que sara sara (what will be, will be) one thing i’m sure of though. if nintendo did indeed push back TP again, the reason is not NGC. no company would be stupid enough to get petty revenge on a magazine for finding out info early. especially at the expence of the gamers. they are obviously just making the game even better…. i hope. thats a great way to put it but if your the master of volvagia doesnt that eat gorons???

all I know, is that TP better be like drinking unicorn giggles.

shadowknight said:Well, its just that we are kinda mad that they have delayed it for so long… True, we dont really have a choice, but you still want to play TP, right?

Yeah, I’m upset that it’s been delayed and I want to play it, too, but I’m not making a big stink about it because nothing I do can speed up the process. We can all complain as much as we want to, but is that going to put the game in our hands any faster? No. Might as well not bother. Just say that the date getting pushed back sucks and move on with your life; it’s not the end of the world, you won’t die and you CAN wait.

(To be snobbish, it also looks more grown-up if you don’t whine. Kicking and screaming is something a five-year-old would do ten days before Christmas. *wink*)

TSA said:

As I recall, TSA, the official word was that Twilight would not come out during FY05, which meant that the earliest it could possibly ever come out was Q2 2006, namely 1 April. It pretty much, after that, became popular opinion that “Gee golly, everyone! Nintendo couldn’t possibly be delaying it MUCH beyond that! That’s just crazy talk, huh huh huh! It must be coming out sometime soon in April!” And thus, it was kicked around and agreed upon, partially because it was so tempting, and thus it became the meme that said that it would come out in April.

And I have to be perfectly frank, back when, April sounded like a fine time as any for it to be out.

everyones just stating there opinions.no ones whining about it.everyones talking about the revolution and tp because thats the topic.

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

• 47. TSA says:

Technically they never said it would be out in 2006 nor Fiscal Year 2007…I’ve not seen that statement. I see 2006 on the release schedule on Nintendo.com…but…that’s a placeholder.

(Not suggesting this game is coming out later than this year, just saying it never was stated it would definitely be out by this year in some announcement or press release).

hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe some people (including MYSELF) are looking more forward to the game than you, if you arent looking forward to it like crazy then your not a true zelda fan… oh well

VenusQueenOfFaeries said:

It’s wierd how we have a more reliable release date for the REV. and a solid date for The DSLite…

TSA said:

There would be no way it’s coming out in ‘07.

Ok, I got it all until:

what does Q2 mean?They only thing we CAN do is hope that the realease stays in April, otherwise, we write fanfics until the cows come back to Lon Lon Ranch (TML’s quip)

Well no matter how long it takes to come out we “ALL” know one thing, Twilight Princess will be one of the GREATEST games ever made… unlike “Daikatana” on the N64 which was delayed for almost a freaking century then turned out to be one of the single “WORST” games EVER, EVER, EVER made… but saying that nothing can compare to the awfulness of “Superman” on the N64 *Shudder*.

BTW I bought my copt of the first edition of the brand spanking new “NINTENDO The Official Magazine” today and when I skipped to the back I found a letter with the title “The Missing Link”… WOW I thought, our very own TML has written in to a brand new British Magazine, but unfortunately it was a guy from Glasgow moaning about “TP” being delayed, oh well.

Q2 means “2nd quarter” (April, May, June), Hyrulian Hero, and I have this theory that the rumor of it set to release April was started by someone who wants it to come out AS SOON as the 2nd quarter comes around (IOW: April) and finished by a retailer that shall go unnamed. Oh well, I’m still waitin patiently…

(srry i messed up my blockqote lol, i meant to quote hyrulian hero’s last comment)

Thanks Scythe.I have a fun art project (for Zelda fans) if you own a dart board, this will be fun, if not, just doodle on stressful days.Anyways, what you do is draw an annoying Zelda character (Navi, Tatl, Tingle, Ect) and then ;
    for dart users: target practise
    for no-dart users: doodle stuff to mke them look damaged (I can’t explain the rest) and practise ’til yor perfected, then when TP comes out, take all that bottled anger out on the tough enemies (thankyou for tougher enemies)

Hyrulian Hero said:

for dart users: target practise

im gonna try that!

I’m glad hyrulian hero brought the thing up about the tougher enemies (this isnt entirely off topic i promise) because in every demo ive seen of TP, no one seems to be having any trouble at all (Xcept for this one newb). I was thinking how susceptible to opinion the word “hard,” or especially “harder” is.
    EX: everyone says the MegaMan Zero series are some of the toughest games around, yet ive played so many megaman games in my lifetime that it was quite easy for me (while games like DOA are hard cuz im not fond of fightin games xcept SSBM).
    My point is that maybe when that guy said he wanted to make the enemies harder, he had a general gaming audience as a whole in mind, and it will still be just as easy for us hardcore zelda fans. well, if rumor holds true, im sure the enemies will be harder once we use that new controller lol (srry, this was longer than i thought it would be)

I saw on a site that Nintendo has dismissed TP using the rev. controller. I read Nintendo told eurogamer that that was not the case and that it was pure speculation.

Hey, another good idea of mine ^_^ They’ll seem harder to new Zelda gamers, as for me, I’m kinda between new and old, since ALttP is my first game, but only after its thrid release (before its GBA version) and the series have been good so far, and TWW amazed me with cool graphics, the huge ocean, wonderful music, and a new battle system, so I’m waiting for what TP has to offer, maybe the monsters are hard in the beggining before we get to see new ones in the game we haven’t seen yet.And there’s also a chance for a completely new monsters.

Maybe it would be cool to have a series of Metal Gear Solid questions when you try to start the game such as-
    Q1- How many Zelda games have you played previously?
    Q2- Which game did you prefer, Ocarina of Time or The Wind Waker?
    Q3- Did you find The Wind Waker difficult?
    E.T.C.
    Well you get my point, and based on your answers it can then change the difficulty of the game.

HH’s Metafiction, beware, this is a continuous from his last one (in this subject) and has caused cancer in laboratory Lizalfos:

Announcer: This battle is nasty, wait…what going on!
    Nintendawg: NGC Man wins, I give up!
    ZeldaBlog users: Oh *NAVI* noooooooooooooooooooo!
    NGC MAN: Yes, I told you people, Nintendo was planning on an autumn release.
    Fans: *turning rabid*
    Annoucer: looks like they ain’t taken it nicely*
    Fans: *stops foaming at mouths, and sits back down*
    Announcer: Never mind.Well, everyone is taken it nicely.NGC Man is the winner.
    Link: *comes in and chases NGC Man around, and some goofychase music starts*

Once again, based on true events (and the surgeon general warning was taken from TML, making you all very healthy) no you may throw produce at HH for having a bad sense of humor.

Do you mean the “Benny Hill” chase music?