Zelda Revolution 1st March?

November 25th, 2005 at 2:25 pm by Archaic Sage

Today I was informed that the gaming website, Gamestop had released their official date for the Zelda Revolution. So we can now pre-order the game. However, I find that this is chilling. A game that we’ve got no information about, a game that we don’t even know will exist, and sites like Gamestop are giving estimated release dates to!

The release date is set for the 1st March 2006. That’s before we can expect to even hear about the Revolution for crying out loud! We’ve had loads of Nintendo officials tell us that they do not want to release any new Zelda, and any Revolution details until the end of the fiscal year, which means April to us normal people. So this release date is just simply out of the question.

However, what this release date is doing, even if it was not the original intention of the company Gamestop, is making people doubt Nintendo further. Already I’ve been to a forum where people are thinking that Twilight Princess may end up being a Revolution game, regardless of the many statements made previously by Nintendo. This sort of date just puts fears into the Zelda fan, simply because which of us can really afford to buy a Revolution as well as the Zelda game that comes with it, as well as Twilight Princess in the same year? I for one know that at this moment in time, I’ll have to save a lot to do so.

Yet, we can all rest easy when it comes to this. I believe that this date is completely false. It couldn’t get any falser if it tried. The 1st March? I doubt it somewhat.

Filed under News

Follow This Entry | Trackback

42 Messages from the Gossip Stones about “Zelda Revolution 1st March?”

Comments

Personally I wouldn’t EVER pre-order a Nintendo game anymore, especially not Zelda. I don’t even get excited about Nintendo games now because they just aren’t the quality they used to be.

No site should be giving release dates until Nintendo themself confirms them.

I think they’re just fishing for bucks. I wouldn’t even think ofpreordering a game that the system doesn’t exist for yet.

There’s not a chance for this one. TML gives two thumbs down on Gamestop for this one. Basically you’ve got the following scenario:

– Today is 25 November. We are currently four months away (plus or minus a few days) from 1 March 2006.
    – We know VERY little about the final hardware of the Revolution, the download and play “virtual console” of the Revolution, and even what games for the Revolution are currently being pursued much less launched with.
    – We’ve heard NOTHING of Zelda Revolution, even though they’ve had the chances at E3 to advertise it alongside Twilight Princess.
    – We don’t even have an approximate release date for either Revolution product other than a year at this point, whereas Twilight Princess we at least know a definitive quarter in which it’ll be coming out.

Suffice to say, my Magic 8-Ball says that to believe 1 March 2006 as a release date for Zelda Revolution is not only insane, but to believe that the Revolution will come out on or before this is also crazy. For the record, Gamestop believes Twilight Princess is out on 4 April 2006 (of which we’ve been guaranteed Q2 2006), so… I’m skeptical at best on this one. At worst… well… ;)

How strange. This has to be some sort of mix-up. March 1st is one month before april 1st; which is the earliest possible release date for the TP. I’d think that this “Zelda Revolution” they refer to WAS the TP, but they also have a release date for the TP…April 4th.

What the heck?

I’ll tell you one thing; I’m sick of retail websites posting release dates when they don’t have a clue as to what the release date is. (Amazon is notorious for this; they had TP scheduled for a november release date, remember?) They also posted FFVII: Advent Children having a November release date, and there are many more instances of them throwing random release dates out there in hopes of getting pre-orders. It’s just poor buisness, if you ask me.

But this just has me rolling my eyes. I mean seriously…was GameStop of sound mind when they posted this?

GIVE ME A BREAK! Why on earth would they do that, anyway? Do they hope to generate interest? Who’s interested in a Zelda Revolution right now? I personally just want the Twilight Princess to be given an official release date; to hell with a “Zelda Revolution!”

Just letting off some steam…

(heheh)

• Kai says:

Lady_Juliet said:

No site should be giving release dates until Nintendo themself confirms them.

You took the words right out of my mouth

Meh, they do this all of the time. Their computer needs a specific date for whatever reason, and ignorant employees tell trusting customers that it is the true release date. Then these people think the fake date to be the true one, and when it is not, they flood the message boards with posts saying, “OMG I cannot believe that it was delayed! Nintendo will pay for this. >:(” I can’t stand it when that happens.

They couldn’t even make a Zelda game by the 1st of march everyone knows how long it takes to make a zelda game even a 2d one.

Well, lotsa people seem to just eat up every bit of news they get. I mean, comon people, you can’t go blaming Nintendo for this, or really anyone. Zelda Revoltion, and the ussual Nintendo games are up there at gamestop because they know that those games are going to come out for the Rev, so they put them up for pre-order. The website also states that NOTE: Content based on the best available information. Price, release date, content and title are subject to change and/or cancellation by vendor.
    You guys get a little too exited about this stuff. Just like the whole Zelda movie thing. You guys got all amped up about it. Then it turned out that a Zelda movie was a no-show, and everyone seemed to gasp. And the whole 100 hour TP thing also, I’ll believe it when I see it. With the TP delay, I can’t say I was surprised at all, I was kinda sad, but not shocked.
    So, I just sayin’ think about these things a little before you go crazy and stuff. We know that that release date is entirely false, and in my opinion, only a true moron would actually pre-order it. So think for yourselves guys and girls.

Stuff like “I would never preorder a nintendo game again especially a Zelda one” really gets me. Games get delayed all the time. Grand Turismo 4 (I think) got delayed many times. It happens all the time. So Once again, don’t blame Nintendo or the game manufacturers…. Ok I’m done now.

• JC says:

They should know better…Zelda games dont come for a console at least a year down it’s life line.

Legend of Link said:

Do we see anything for Tingle RPG? No, of course not. Why though? There is a significant more amount of information about Tingle RPG than Zelda Revolution. We’ve even got screenshots. It’s disgusting behaviour. It’s brilliant business management, squeeze that extra quid of your buyer, but from the perspective of a gamer, it’s disgusting. Such an unrealistic release date, they should have at least done an appropriate amount of research before publishing it.

You’ve also got to remember, that within any Nintendo community, any sort of news is looked for. We’re not like the Harry Potter community, which actually converses with the big businesses, we’re not like the GTA community, which has more news than we get. Nintendo are dead silent about the news for Zelda, one of it’s biggest franchises, anything new and we want to know about it.

I’m never surprised by the lack of news, I’m never surprised when they set back a release date. I didn’t even report the Movie news on my website, as I know it won’t happen, as Miyamoto has been quoted saying he doesn’t want it.

However, this does not negate the fact that Gamestop are in the wrong. They should actually have some researchers before putting up information like this. Many fans will believe this without thinking. After all, where else do we look for for the up to date news? Not Nintendo.com or Nintendo Europe, they both suck. You go for the retail sites or the gaming sites.

Archaic Sage said:

I agree, some people may go for the retail sites, like the less informed individuals in the game world (no offense to anyone out there).

P.S. Sorry for the comment earlier (the one before JC’s) incase I offended anybody or made people mad, I apoligize.

old.

“Zelda Revolution: wishful thinking or calculated scam?
    GameStop has posted a link for “Legend of Zelda: Revolution” and they’re asking $59.99 to pre-purchase the title, estimated for released on March 1, 2006.”

Legend of Link said:

This one isn’t Nintendo’s fault, I will agree. However, where I disagree with you is that this is clearly Gamestop being stupid, and they deserve to reap all the distrusting feelings for them spreading what is, for all we know, obviously a fraud.

I remember that long before Nintendo even announced the title of Twiligh Princess, several stores were taking preorders for the game. They would estimate release dates, which of course kept getting pushed back months at a time.

Zelda Revolution being released on March 1 next year? This is either a) Somebody at Gamestop getting extremely confused and thinking that Twilight Princess is a Revolution game, or b) An extremely ridiculous case of early pre-ordering. For all we know, Zelda Revolution is still years away. The fact that it is in development doesn’t mean anything. I can’t believe that Gamestop would seriously put that date up, when Twilight Princess is to be released after March 1, and the Revolution hasn’t even been released yet.

Is Gamestop purposely lying or has it just received bad information?

I have E-mailed Gamestop about this, referencing this article and the Joystiq article. We’ll see what they say.

thats impossible

If you’ve ever worked a day of retail in your life, you’ll know that a company just wants your buck. It doesn’t really care about correct release dates. If you’re willing to put down partial or full payment for a game, then they’ll take your money. There aren’t really a lot of laws that specifically cover this sort of thing, so if you put down the money, the game isn’t released for a few months, and maybe you forget you gave them money, then they have your money and that’s it. All the more convenient for them.

The lesson here really is a caveat emptor to everyone: Don’t rely on the store to watch your back in this case, because you’re just a wallet with a stupid face to them, really.

And thats why I never buy online

I preordered right before the delay was announced, but that preorder’s still in effect, and I didn’t prepay, I just put a 5 dollar store credit down for it.

This was the first game I ever preordered, and go figure it gets thrown about like this. Sigh.

Yeah, I’m guessing Gamestop’s just trying to exploit a few of the more over-eager members of the Nintendo fandom.

Teilight Princess ahsn’t even come out and their already planning another? Goodness! Mabey that’s why The release date of TP was delayed! They cut people from the team working on that!

*Twilight

Louisa said:

Louisa’s right here, guys. For TP to be out March 1st is ludicrous! Come on, GameStop. Stop warming the bench and get in the game!

Lady_Juliet said:

blockquote>

And, this just annoys me; i’m sorry, but it does.

• TSA says:

I’m pretty sure GameStop just listed a random date to get pre-orders rolling because without a set date, they can’t take pre-orders. It’s just good business, though it is hurting the accuracy of Revolution information.

^ Looks like GameStop needs a new RNG. ;)

This reminds me of when Amazon had an estimated release date for TP on November 16, but that was long ago and they quickly changed it. I really do hope someone got sacked for that, and I hope someone gets sacked for this.

Gamestop is 100% lying on this one, Nintendo would not release a new Zelda game so soon after TWP they would want to focus on that one before releasing a new one because any new Zelda game for the Revolution would over-shadow TWP and may damage sales for it.

Not releasing any information until the “end of the fiscal year” is wildly vague. The fiscal year can vary from company to company. By definition, a fiscal year for a company can end at the end of any month except December. Did Nintendo specify just when their fiscal year ends? >_>
    Maybe I’m just missing something.

But, yeah, ditto to what TSA said. They just want to get a jump on the preorders.
    The local store, where I preordered my game months and months ago, doesn’t have a set date. They just put your name down for when it DOES come in. No promises made. It’s better that way. I guess you can’t get away with that in online preorders.

Goddess Rinoa said:

Maybe I’m just missing something.

The end of the fiscal year is always April. The end of every financial year is 31st March and the 1st April is the beginning of the financial year. At least in England and Canada. The article in question was conducted in England if I remember rightly.

America’s fiscal stuff works differently.
    Just because the article was conducted in England doesn’t make Nintendo conform to England’s financial laws and whatnot. Their fiscal year could still be different.

…I guess there’s really no point in going on about this. I was just pointing out that we’ll probably get new information sooner than April.

Just as a quick reference

IGN said:
    “After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess,” said Nintendo of America’s vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. “Consequently, we’re announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We’ll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller.”

:-P XD

“Ocarina of Time also gained the distinction of becoming the fastest selling game of all time and the number one selling video game of 1998, even though it was available for only the last 39 days of the year.”

Does anyone think Nintendo may try to pull this off once more with Twilight Princess?

Here’s a link to the story that contains the above quote:

What strikes me as surprising is the fact that Nintendo continuosly denies its fans any details, however vague, of an estimated release date. All we have is an estimated date when they will announce the estimated release date.

This is my understanding of it, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Archaic Sage said:

:-P XD

Yeah, well… You’re a big stupid-head! XD *flee* j/k

I guess that’s where Nintendo’s fiscal year lies. Okay, fine.

But I’d honestly be surprised if we really heard nothing until then. Something will at least LEAK before then. Well, I hope so. ^_^;;

Archaic Sage said:

The end of Nintendo’s fiscal year is April; however, that varies drastically from company to company. For instance, my company’s fiscal year begins October 1. It depends upon a lot of factors. However, quarters almost always begin on January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1.

Archaic Sage said:

Like I said, in England it’s always in April, it’s the way it is. Owing to the fact that the government’s fiscal year in from April to April, and so is the business tax year. The personal tax year varies from the 5th and the 6th of April if I remember rightly.

Also, I don’t doubt we’ll get some sort of information before then, but I’m not betting any money on it.

We also know that we certainly won’t get any Revolution games before May, as Nintendo have said they’re unvieling the Revolution fully at E3 2006 in May (source: http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1916/5829436f054e247fd27c3a73b4d5e5bf)

No matter how long it takes for this game to come out it will be one of the greatest Zelda games ever made (maybe even THE greatest) all of us loyal Nintendo fans have goten used to the release dates changing time and time again and to be honest we have never been let down yet, every Zelda game has been an instant classic (lets not include the CD-I games here, lol) I for one can and always will wait for as long as possible for the games to be released (whilst cutting myself to release the pent up frustration,lol) and I have 100% faith in Shigeru Miyamoto and the new guy (I forget his name) so anyway lets all stop moaning, we know how Nintendo likes to frustrate us and we should be used to it by now XD.

BTW who wants to take bets on Tingle being in TWP, LOL

BTW I remember a while back someone saying that they were going to do an article about the Running Man from Ocarina of Time (might have been TML im not sure) what happened to it?

Perhaps they’re a lot farther in ZR (Zelda Revolution) than any of us can imagine. How about a Zelda game in the starter pack…?

Like Archaic Sage said, Nintendo are only unveiling the Revolution in May, 2006 so we will not be seeing a Zelda Rev before then (I’d also be very surprised if it was a launch title).

You’ve been able to reserve a copy of Mother 3 (EarthBound 2) for two years on various gaming sites (and no one was sure there was even going to BE a Mother 3 until just last month). So this “release date” means nothing.

PoeTrader said:

I know about that, I’m guity of having it reserved.

Ive never played a Mother Game (also known as Earth Bound) what are they like to play and what are they about?